::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Others
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2002, 12:41 PM   #1
speedracer21

Need info on rebuilding a 1.6

Sup guys! My bro is wanting to rebuild his 91 crx si, so i'm here to get some info on the best places to get parts, or a complete engene rebuild kit. What is a good compresion to run? he wants it to be a stronger than stock. No turbo or anything will be going on it, it's just a daily beater.
I was thinking about 10.5:1 but would thaht be to high for daily? And it's also got to be somged (which blows)

Any info is appericated...Thanks
Old 01-22-2002, 12:12 PM   #2
BlazinCrx

probably go with je pistons and crower rods. there is really no need to get a thicker head gasket unless you are trying to drop the compression.. hks makes one and greddy is soon coming out with one. otherwise you might look into sending the block to bensons, or the whole motor for that matter.
Old 01-28-2002, 07:15 PM   #3
rollin

just stick with oem parts u should be fine
Old 02-06-2002, 02:30 PM   #4
b16CRX

If you are just going to rebiuld the engine for daily driving, with no performance mods (other that I/H/E) than there is no use what so ever for dropping serious cash on forged rods and pistons. Stock rods and pistons can handle a little over 50 hp past the factory rating. Go to a parts shop (checker auto) and just get factory replacements. If you go to the dealer, you will spend a grip of cash for oem shit when all mechanics do when they rebuild is order from companis that make oem replacements. Save you money!! You will thank me in the long run. BTW, is this factory motor you are rebuilding, or a swap?
Old 02-06-2002, 04:44 PM   #5
speedracer21

it's a factory si motor, and after "conviencing" my borther to just keep the stock internals (it has good compression). He going to just keep it how it is, while he saves up for a 2000 si.
Thanks for the info guys
Old 02-06-2002, 08:26 PM   #6
b16CRX

Heh, right on man. That is definatly money well saved! He could put that money that he is saving to some very tasty perfomance mods too...