::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > New Kid on the Block
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2004, 07:22 PM   #1
Eric91Z

New Kid

Well, I am the new kid back on the block. I have been apart of the Honda family ever since 1984 when my Dad brought a brand new Prelude. That was the car I learned to drive on and my Dad kept until he bought a new 1992 Honda Accord EX Coupe. Well, I am now the proud owner of that Accord.

Car looks pretty much brand new inside and out, even with the 254,000 miles on the original motor. I love the car for it's room and comfort level and how well it drives going down the road, but I can never leave things alone. Planning on new wheels, tires, shocks, struts, and sway bars. Then I will be considering a JDM H22 transplant and maybe someday a nice turbo kit on that. Who knows. Either way, I will be in to the car for more than the book value, but I like the car and it is too clean to let go.

Anyway, I look forward to finding lots of good information in here, as I have been finding already just by brousing the forums.

God bless.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:46 PM   #2
IALuder

welcome to HS. post pic of that accord.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 08:47 PM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Welcome to HS

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 09:04 PM   #4
Eric91Z

I just got new pictures of it yesterday and they are being developed (no digital camera yet). I will post them as soon as possible.

Oh, for the car, it is Seattle Silver with the maroon interior. It has the factory spolier and 5 spoke wheels. Has some door dings that I want to get taken out of both sides and the hood and it will look even better. Only one small area of rust just starting just behind the driver's side rear wheel. Would like to get that cleaned up before it gets too bad. Plan on keeping this one for a while. Besides, it still gets 30+ mpg on the highway.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:06 PM   #5
Eric91Z

SFKing,

I see you are in Des Moines, IA. I am just north of Ames, myself, but from the Des Moines area originally. Small world.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:10 PM   #6
thermal
Banning Machine

sup....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 12:44 AM   #7
mylittlecivic

good to have you honda kid

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 02:27 PM   #8
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Welcome to the board. Nice ride u got there. They are fun to drive and i seem to like my brothers accord more than my integra.
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 02:46 PM   #9
Eric91Z

This is actually the second time I have owned the car. I had bought it from my Dad once before, then sold it back to him, and have bought it back again. For some reason, here recently, I have really enjoyed driving the car. It is just so smooth going down the road, the gas mileage is great (but then again my last vehicle was a Ford F150 4x4 that got about 12 mpg), and I like being low to the ground again.

Biggest concern is starting to modify it and ruining the nice characteristics it has now. I would like to close the wheel gap down a little and get rid of some of the body roll by going to new springs, struts, and sway bars, but don't want a harsh or bouncy ride. Thinking H&R OEM Sport springs with Koni or Bilstein struts and ST or Neuspeed sway bars (if Neuspeed even makes them for this car). That with a set of 17" wheels should make me happy.

Anyway, thanks for the "welcomes" here. So far I have really liked what I have been reading in the forums.
Old 05-07-2004, 02:49 PM   #10
MAXed Out
6th Gear

For suspension go with Ground control coils and koni yellows the best combo in my opinion and it rides nice as fuck on my bros accord. good luck.
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 12:42 PM   #11
ex_03

Welcome bro........
Old 05-08-2004, 01:31 PM   #12
IALuder

eric, you should come down here tonight for the street races and meet me and my gang. kevin would love to see your car. he owns a White 90 2dr coupe EX. look him up his sn on here is otakuguy.

i actually live in Pleasant Hill and got to East High School in DSM.

Old 05-08-2004, 05:00 PM   #13
Eric91Z

I have been wondering what is going on these days for cruise-ins and car shows in the area. Being married and living north of Ames, I don't get to Des Moines as much as I would like for that kind of stuff.

Where do you guys usually meet and what time? Is anyone doing cruise nights like Porky's does for the Domestics and older cars? I would love to check out some of the other cars around for ideas on suspension, motor, etc.

How does that Prelude run? What year JDM motor are you running? I plan on the JDM H22 swap at some time.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:30 PM   #14
Eric91Z

OK, I have finally gotten some pictures taken of the car and ready to upload. I can not access the website I used to keep my pictures at and I tried to do the "submit your ride" on this site and it would not work. Any suggestions on where to put some pictures of the car at?
Old 05-10-2004, 06:33 PM   #15
Eric91Z

Well, let me try one from here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg driver side 1-1.jpg (196.4 KB, 18 views)
Old 05-10-2004, 06:47 PM   #16
Eric91Z

Whoops, sorry about that. Still learning the new photo software. Made the viewable picture smaller so I could attach it here, but forgot to get rid of the white area. Anyway, that gives a general idea of what the car looks like.
Old 05-10-2004, 07:38 PM   #17
Eric91Z

OK, got a quick, free image hosting set up that I have uploaded a couple of pictures to. Here is the URL:

http://onfinite.three10.com/portfoli...52c4ee2e 34e3

You click on the little squares under the picture to get the next picture to come up.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:57 PM   #18
IALuder

dope ass car to bad you got that ugly red interior. :o

Old 05-10-2004, 10:04 PM   #19
Fatal070

NICE car brother and welcome u son of bitch to the best place on EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2004, 10:08 PM   #20
Eric91Z

I actually kind of like the maroon interior. Works well with the color of the car and it hides any stains well.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:55 AM   #21
IALuder

as long as it works for you.

Old 05-11-2004, 01:54 PM   #22
ex_03

Quote:
Originally posted by Fatal070
NICE car brother and welcome u son of bitch to the best place on EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!

lol...ditto