::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > New Kid on the Block
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2004, 10:29 PM   #1
No.1_Stunna

Fresh meat...

Ya, I'm the new guy now I guess...Gettin my acount to work was a real pain in the rear cause my email acount decided to be to full so I never got the full registration completed so I had to make a new email acount and new sn (just changed the - to a _) but ya...So anyways... I just kinda decided to join because now that I'm rid of my old pos 92 Volvo 240 and have a 94 accord I'ts always good to know more about ur car. The difference between the 2 cars was only $1000 which my parents were willing to pay (thank god!) so ya, I'm 17 and poor cause I dont have time for a job between sports so my first question is whats the best muffler gonna be for like $140 and under? The metal on the stock one is kinda shredding apart and stuff so I'm just looking for a new muffler, dont have the money for a cat-back right now. Thanks for any help and sorry if this has already been asked, if it has just ignore me and take this post as a welcome thread or something.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:46 PM   #2
IALuder

welcome to the board mang. post some pics of the ride. as for which muffler i dont know. i would just save up for cat-back.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 10:55 PM   #3
No.1_Stunna

I'll get some pics once I get my new corner lights in, the left one was busted so I just bought some euro style ones rather than getting an OEM one for the same price.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:56 AM   #4
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Welcome to the board bro. As far as the muffler try to get a thermal i like how they sound. dont get any cheap ones like APC.
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 10:42 AM   #5
a96710

How's it going, what part of Washington are you from?
a96710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 11:57 AM   #6
No.1_Stunna

I'm in history class right now "studying" for a project... I'm from Sammamish, between Redmond and Issaquah. And thanks for the welcome.
Old 05-25-2004, 04:34 PM   #7
mylittlecivic

Hey welcome to hs!

im from oregon, its good to have more northwest members

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 07:37 PM   #8
No.1_Stunna

I've been lookin around for some not to expensive mufflers and they seem a little ricey but they're the right price so gotta take what u can get ya know...But could anyone tell me if these are any good? I guess I'm a n00b with cars cause I had to drive an old volvo so looking up parts was pointless but now that I have a nice car a whole new worlds open
http://store.racinglab.com/radetitipanc.html
http://www.4caroption.com/Pdut_detai...CateID=Muffler
http://store.racinglab.com/spwpeunmuwsi3.html
http://store.racinglab.com/spwpeunmuwp.html
If ur wondering I kind of want one with a silencer plus my dad (crazy ex-navy strict old guy) doesn't want me waking everyone up at 2 AM when I come rollin on home so ya.
Old 05-26-2004, 06:34 PM   #9
No.1_Stunna

Ok I've done more looking around and already decided I dont like a any of the mufflers I posted before that much...I started looking at Axle back because its not to expensive and it's a simpler install. I'd like to go cat-back but they're all to expensive but a lot of people said if you just go axle back and not the full cat back it usually ends up sounding like sh*t...Anyone got any good websites or suggestions? Thanks...
Old 05-27-2004, 12:14 AM   #10
IALuder

save your money and do it right the first time. as for a universal muffler get a mangaflow. cheap and easy ass install. 150 tops. check ebay for them.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote