::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Others
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2001, 06:06 AM   #1
MrCLoWnY

Hyundai?

SUP GUYS I was thinkin of TURBO CHARGIN mah hyundai. CAN ANYONE HELP. I have a hyundai Excel like the one rodney king was drving when he got beat up by the lapd. hahahahaahahaha j/K. HONDA BABY HONDA>
Old 09-06-2001, 12:16 PM   #2
VN-Tec

Ahhhh i was gonna shoot u dude..... But theres some ppl soupin up there hyundais :( How sad...
Old 09-06-2001, 12:32 PM   #3
Big James

I have seen a turbo Hyundai that would run the shit out of most hondas on the road.
Old 09-06-2001, 01:18 PM   #4
Boosted3g

You should know better than to say things like that around me Clowny. Just bring it to me and ill turbocharge it. I bet a Scoupe turbo engine will fit right in there. Nevermind ill just shut up and forget the whole idea before I get all worked up. Damn i love turbo.
Old 09-06-2001, 05:06 PM   #5
MrCLoWnY

hahahaha. i was only kidding peeps. Actually im proud of Hyundai for the fact that its korean. Im korean too.
Old 02-19-2002, 12:48 AM   #6
NooNz

even though this thread ended awhile ago....just to let people know that there is a Tiburon runnin about 10.75 or somethin..but it's in the 10's....of course its got NOS and turbo/supercharger (assuming)...but this is known as a fact that the 10 sec. Tiburon is running on Methenol....
Old 02-19-2002, 08:34 AM   #7
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

There is a 323 around here that runs 11 flat..

Gosh this is an old thread..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 09:10 AM   #8
NooNz

there's also a Neon running 11's....forgot what magazine i saw it in....
Old 02-19-2002, 10:51 AM   #9
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

The tiburon in SCC that ran 10s a month or 2 ago had 2 TC motors!!
Old 02-28-2002, 02:11 AM   #10
Maxvla

some of the new hyundai's certainly look fast though aren't in reality.
it would be sweet to see a hyundai that was actually on par with a lude SH or something stock.
Old 02-28-2002, 02:18 AM   #11
NooNz

the 2003 tiburon looks very nice (exterior)...interior is also nice...well nicer than last year's model...but still the interior looks and feels a bit cheap......i think if hyundai had more reliable cars and not known to break down as easy would be good....cuz i think they're goin on the right track with the v6 in the tiburon but still only producin 170hp....if they could reach 200hp and about 170-185lb/ft of torque...then i'll actually consider

like my friend told me....hyundai iz goin in the right direction....a big upgrade...kinda like windows 3.1 to win 95...hahaha
Old 02-28-2002, 02:21 AM   #12
Maxvla

lmao... still a few years behind!
Old 02-28-2002, 02:26 AM   #13
NooNz

oh yeah definitely....but at least they are goin in a forward direction....and not backwards....
Old 02-28-2002, 02:35 AM   #14
Maxvla

yeah really... like saturn... backwards. i heard a commercial here in okc that saturn is actually paying people 1% to buy their cars. lol!!! they call it "Below 0% APR" i think thats the most hilarious thing ive ever heard on a car ad.
Old 02-28-2002, 02:47 AM   #15
NooNz

HAHAHAHA....that is pretty funny....
mite as well write, "PLEASE BUY OUR CARS..WE'LL PAY YOU TO DRIVE THEM!!"
hahaha....

i kno that gm bought a bunch of i4's and a couple of v6's for their cars...and honda supposed to receive v8 engines in return....most the i4's are goin into the lower class gm cars (sunfire, cavalier, etc.) and the v6's (grand-am, dunno what else gm cars)....and honda is supposedly thinkin about starting a truck line-up to compete with toyota since they're the only jap truck company (since nissan, mazda aren't great truck companies)....and obviously honda iz gonna tweak those v8 engines...also nsx supposed to be gettin a v8 engine sumtime soon (i think unless i heard wrong).....sorry bout the long message....
Old 02-28-2002, 02:54 AM   #16
Maxvla

long message makes for more info... dont be sorry.

HONDA TRUCK???? WTFF??? (what the freakin f*ck)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

honda has no business trying to get a "working vehicle" type image. that would suck.

nsx shoulda had a v8 long ago. coulda bought one from lotus and done some honda magic on it. but noooo. it gets stuck with under 300 hp. oh well.
Old 02-28-2002, 03:18 AM   #17
NooNz

its worth a shot, don't ya think?...if honda makes good appealing trucks that are more or just as powerful as toyotas and can carry more or same load as toyotas and cost less....honda can dominate this field also.......

they could've gotten some from lotus...but don't you think it would cost more to get a v8 from a high-end company such as lotus than to get a v8 from a domestic company and tweak it themselves???
Old 02-28-2002, 03:21 AM   #18
Maxvla

lotus engine woulda been better platform to start on... and no honda should never make trucks.
Old 02-28-2002, 03:25 AM   #19
NooNz

i guess so....but also economically (if that's even a word)...wouldn't you rather save money and tweak an engine yourself than to spend more on an engine?....

i thnk honda shoudl try with just 1 truck to compete with (dunno any pick-up truck names by toyota) and see how it does...if it flops...then kill the idea of having a truck lineup....but if it succeeds, then they get produce more 1 by 1....