::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Prelude
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2002, 07:30 PM   #1
LSN77

Aem by-pass valve

Has anyone cut their intake to install this by-pass valve?

Any thoughts on cold air intakes and hydrolocking? I don't wanna cut my intake to install the valve but I'm thinkin' it may be necessary just to be safe.

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 05-06-2002, 07:44 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Welcome to HS.

Yeah, I cut my intake the the BPV, but I'm sorry I did it. In its place now, I run a rubber coupler where the BPV used to be. You lose some of the good sound and hp with the valve.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 07:44 PM   #3
TruHeel142

Re: Aem by-pass valve

Quote:
Originally posted by LSN77
Has anyone cut their intake to install this by-pass valve?

Any thoughts on cold air intakes and hydrolocking? I don't wanna cut my intake to install the valve but I'm thinkin' it may be necessary just to be safe.

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Where do you live??? If you live where it rains A LOT, I'd get it, but if not don't worry about it. I've got an AEM CAI and I've driven through some huge puddles and I've had no problems whatsoever. If you're gonna worry go ahead and get it, but there is a .0000000000001% chance of anything happening. And the valve takes away power and dampens the sound. So, just stay away from the 1 foot deep puddles and you'll be fine~
Old 05-06-2002, 07:46 PM   #4
TruHeel142

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
Welcome to HS.

Yeah, I cut my intake the the BPV, but I'm sorry I did it. In its place now, I run a rubber coupler where the BPV used to be. You lose some of the good sound and hp with the valve.

exactly
Old 05-06-2002, 07:54 PM   #5
LSN77

94_AcCoRd_EX: Thanks for the warm welcome.....I came across this site today and it's great that there are individual forums for each style of Honda.

TruHeel142: I live in Michigan where it rains once in awhile but there aren't huge puddles so I'm thinkin' there's really no need for too much concern.

Thank you both for the help.
Old 05-06-2002, 08:43 PM   #6
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by LSN77
I live in Michigan where it rains once in awhile but there aren't huge puddles so I'm thinkin' there's really no need for too much concern.

Yeah, you'll be totally fine w/o the BPV then. I live in rainy Oregon, and I survived the winter with no problems at all. You just have to watch out for huge puddles.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 11:59 AM   #7
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i live in florida... the rainy state, i cut my iceman intake to install one. it works fine, i didnt really notice a power loss or sound difference, im probobly gonna take it off when i goto the track and whatnot, and just have it for around town, and durring the summer.

BTW welcome to the board im Chris the prelude mod. just keep your questions flowing im more than happy to answer any and all of them, i like to think i have alot of knowladge about preludes, and engines, mainly the h-serise. what kinda of prelude do u have? make sure you post your pics up in the pics thread, you can brows through there, i know alot of links are broken, im gonna try to get ahol of everyone with broken links and fix them but you can see most of the preludes on the board.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 04:37 PM   #8
LSN77

Hi Chris,

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum......you all have been great with answering my questions. From your replies, you most definitely know a great deal about Preludes so it's nice to know that I will receive knowledgeable answers from you and the others when I post questions. As you probably already know from my previous posts, I have a 92 Prelude S.

Take it ez,
-Lam
Old 05-09-2002, 09:22 PM   #9
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

ahh yeah, i completly forgot about the 92 S. well im glad you like it here, i hope to see you still posting

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote