::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Prelude
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2002, 12:20 PM   #1
Honda_Gurl

new exhaust?

does anyone by any chance have a flowmaster muffler on their honda? whether it be a prelude or not. i'm getting rid of my apexi dunk (it's too loud and big), and was looking for a quieter, low sound and ran into the flowmaster site, it sounds pretty good over the comp. i'm planning on buying the 40 series. i know that typically people have the euro exhausts (greddy, hks, tanabe..so on), but i've found those to be too expensive and i don't like the way they sound. i'm just looking for imput on what you guys think of using flowmaster on my car. thanks!
Old 04-17-2002, 09:53 PM   #2
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

um, greaddy sp dosnt sound like your typical import exaust, or get a rs*r exaust, those are quite. i think flowmaster wont sound right on a import

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 01:36 AM   #3
Cementups

I sell the Thermal exhaust for that Prelude for $482 shipped to your door. let me know if you are interested. People from preludeonline.com can vouch for my reliability. Its not a very loud exhaust either.

Cementups@aol.com
Old 04-22-2002, 09:16 AM   #4
Honda_Gurl

482 is way over my budget. i'm really not looking into getting the whole exhaust system, just the muffler. (atleast for now, maybe later on, i'll put out the money to get one) the flowmaster will only run me about 90 bills. but thanks anyways

but i'm still unsure about the flowmaster..or what other type of muffler to get
Old 04-22-2002, 09:59 AM   #5
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

I doubt that model would work well.. You'd have to get the one for imports.. I dunno which number though..

IMO, they dont really sound good.. If you want something soft and deep, you should look into Remus. That's probably what I'll be getting. Brullen is also excellent.
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 12:45 PM   #6
Honda_Gurl

ya i know which model to get it's the 60 series 952460 for imports, here's a link to how it would sound (well a basic idea anyways):

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/we...PerfMuff7.html

another reason i'm looking at this one is because i need a flat muffler, cause when i get my air cylinders installed, i'm gonna need room to lay my car as close to the floor as possible without tearing it all up.
Old 04-22-2002, 04:44 PM   #7
cantdrive55

I'd wait until you can get a full cat-back exhaust. Putting a muffler on will make it sound like a hive of angry bees and give virtually no gains performance wise.
Old 04-22-2002, 05:36 PM   #8
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_Gurl
ya i know which model to get it's the 60 series 952460 for imports, here's a link to how it would sound (well a basic idea anyways):

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/we...PerfMuff7.html

another reason i'm looking at this one is because i need a flat muffler, cause when i get my air cylinders installed, i'm gonna need room to lay my car as close to the floor as possible without tearing it all up.

ok, I just wanted to make sure you knew what you were doing..

And you seem to..

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 10:10 AM   #9
Honda_Gurl

Quote:
Originally posted by cantdrive55
I'd wait until you can get a full cat-back exhaust. Putting a muffler on will make it sound like a hive of angry bees and give virtually no gains performance wise.

i do get what you're saying but it depends what kinda muffler u get. the one i have on now sounds okay, just a little too loud for my taste. as far as gains, most people i talk to say they get virtually no gains with their exhausts anyways, so why spend all the money? plus, i'm not really going entirely for speed. this car's getting modded out more for show aspect, at least for now.