::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Body Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2003, 01:56 PM   #1
seanjuan

integra front end on a civic

hey, I'm pretty sure I have seen this done before. Someone had a civic, I believe it was a 5th gen and they had put on an entire front end off of an integra (the new style with dual headlights.

I looked around today but couldn't find anything about it.
has anyone seen what I'm talking about or know more about it.

I have a 92 civic lx, I'm just kinda messing around with ideas. I am in the middle of swapping in a b16 so most of my money will be spent on performance mods but I still want to know more about the front end conversion

thanks
Sean
Old 07-22-2003, 10:47 AM   #2
seanjuan

did I stump everyone with this post?
there has to be someone out there who has at least heard of this. maybe a moderator wants to move this post somewhere else? it seems like this would be the right place for it though

anything at all? anybody?
Old 08-15-2003, 04:25 AM   #3
myself_included

What would you like to know about this? I can tell you anything you'd like to know.
Old 08-15-2003, 09:01 AM   #4
seanjuan

hell yeah!

tell me everything you know about it
do you have more pics?

what mods had to be done to make that all work?
is that your car?

thanks for replying
Old 08-15-2003, 09:51 AM   #5
sohc_vtec 2NR

that look likes a chubby integra..
Old 08-16-2003, 08:39 PM   #6
slowEJ6

you are so right, it does.

the civic doesnt have the body lines to pull off that conversion.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 01:52 AM   #7
myself_included

Ok.....
To do this you will need these parts
a honda civic
civic fenders
integra fenders
integra hood
integra bumper
integra bumper cover
integra radiator support
integra front lighting
tools:
socket set
electric drill
screwdriver
misc. little tools
body repair tools (grinder, bondo, sander, etc.)
welder

Now what you have to do is remove the civic fenders, hood, bumper cover, bumper, and then the radiator support. The radiator support is the difficult part, that's where the drill comes in. If you look on your radiator support you will see hundreds of little welds on there, they will be in the shape of tiny circles such as these

take your drill and drill the welds out like this

and then you will need to weld the integra radiator support onto your car, just make a bunch of little tac welds like the ones that held your civic support on. Now comes the tricky part, the fenders. Usually when people do this conversion with a newer civic front end onto an older civic they use most of the old fender and fit the new to the front of the fender. But with the integra front end you should use the back part of it because on the front of the integra fenders you have the part that the bumper matches up with the fender which could get in your way. So what you need to do is take the back part of the civic fender and weld it to the integra fender. You will need to cut off the back of the integra fender because that's where the back part of the civic fender goes. Cut and weld somewhere in this area

The reason why you have to cut and weld the fenders is so you can have the back part of the civic fender so that it ligns up with the door and so it will bolt onto the car. And you need the front part of the fender to be the integra fender so that it ligns up with the shape of the hood and with the bumper. After you have the fenders welded together, you will need to do some finishing work on them, such as grinding them smooth and then bondo work. If you've never done anything like this before it's a lot of guessing and trying and finding things out the hard way. After you have the radiator support welded on and the fenders fabricated the rest of the parts are basically bolt on.
Yes it is a lot of work, but think of how much you would have to pay a shop to do this.
That's the short version of how it's done.
Old 08-21-2003, 03:02 AM   #8
slowEJ6

nice how-to........it explained it well enough to understand what to do.......to me anyway.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 03:08 AM   #9
myself_included

cool, glad someone could understand it. When I write a lot I sometimes get confused and it ends up not making sense. lol
Old 09-05-2003, 09:46 PM   #10
mike_d

I have a couple other questions for you, first is there any probs with the hood latch and is the hood a direct bolt on to the civic hinges or do you need integra hinges? Also will the rad support line up with the civic body the same way as the old one or is there alot of cutting/fitting etc?
Old 09-08-2003, 02:53 AM   #11
myself_included

The hood hinges were a little bit off, had to drill new holes in the hinges for the bolts to go into the hood. Do that after you have the front end welded on, that way you can see lign the hood up before you start making new holes. The radiator support isn't exactly the same shape as the civic one, so it's a little bit off. You will have to center it the best that you can, it's not that hard, and then weld it on. After you have that ligned up right, the hood latch all works perfectly