::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2002, 07:52 PM   #1
FeelMyRide

What A Night..

To make an extremely long story, short. A friend accepted a challenge to race some 40 year old black guy with a dented blacked-out hatchback last night at the races, last minute my friend wants to see how well I do, so he makes me race him. I kick his ass, race ends, he comes out and SURPRISE its an undercover cop. Car gets impounded and we spent 3 hours at the precinct.

Damn street racers!
Old 02-03-2002, 08:33 PM   #2
Lovebuzz13

Prime example of why you shouldn't street race.
Old 02-03-2002, 08:44 PM   #3
juvenile

**** THE COPS

All these assholes do is cause trouble to people who don't even cause trouble. ****ing go chase people selling drugs or pimpin women... I hate the way our government functions. Everything is so ****ing corrupt and centralized on the topic of money. Everyone is now only concentrating on saving their own ass, and making lots and lots of dough. Don't even get me ****ing started on the public education...**** democracy!
Old 02-03-2002, 08:53 PM   #4
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Oh no FMR, I'm so sorry to hear that. That really sucks that they can set you up like that, but then again, you are breaking the law. I hope it doesn't cost you too much to get everything straightened out.

In Oregon, they just made street racing a felony b/c so many innocent people have been killed. What all were you charged with?

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 09:01 PM   #5
SilverHX4Me
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Lovebuzz13
Prime example of why you shouldn't street race.

couldnt agree more... i know it sucks but when ya did it you knew what could happen.. track = legal , street = jail ,impounding of your car, fat fines, calling of parents ( for the minors) and the slight possibility of hurting someone not involved who enters the street unknowingly.. and dont say it cant happen guys ive seen it happen.. but sadly enough most of us have to learn the hardway before we dont go anymore ( tickets,impounding,jail... death .. ruined car) sorry about your car though hopefuly you can get it out soon and with everything still inside cuz lord knows that tow companys arent always the most honest people .
SilverHX4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 09:07 PM   #6
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverHX4Me
the slight possibility of hurting someone not involved who enters the street unknowingly.. and dont say it cant happen guys ive seen it happen...[/color]

That's happened in Oregon about three times in the last month. Killed an elderly person, and there were two others killed in different incidents. The main reason that happened was stupid people racing down fairly busy streets though.

Old 02-03-2002, 09:31 PM   #7
FeelMyRide

I should clarify.. it wasn't my car THANK ***! I was more upset about his car being impounded then he was. I got hit with a $500 fine and my friend who owns the car got 2 of them. I'm just shocked that he doesnt even give a damn....
Old 02-03-2002, 09:37 PM   #8
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Wow, only $500... you should be happy. How much to get it out of impound, or is that part of the 500?

Old 02-03-2002, 09:42 PM   #9
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i'm sorry to hear that. I agree with most of the replies on the board that cops are doing shit for crime prevention. I work at a D&B on fridays and saturdays and ofcourse the cops are present there for most of the night. On friday they arested a lady for telling them to shut up, but they don't care about people that are gettiong fawking wasted in their cars, or thier cars smell like weed since they enter the parking lot. i dunno wassup with this ? I really don't feel protected anymore. I'm getting pulled over for green windshield washer nozzles, but the guy that speeds next to me is free to go. WTF

and now the final conclusion: Cops are dicks, and street racing is plain stupid.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 09:51 PM   #10
OneDopeTeg

that just plain sucks :( Im sorry!!
Old 02-03-2002, 10:57 PM   #11
slowEJ6

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
and now the final conclusion: Cops are dicks, and street racing is plain stupid.
couldnt agree more
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 01:39 AM   #12
Matrix

Re: What A Night..

Quote:
Originally posted by FeelMyRide
To make an extremely long story, short. A friend accepted a challenge to race some 40 year old black guy with a dented blacked-out hatchback last night at the races, last minute my friend wants to see how well I do, so he makes me race him. I kick his ass, race ends, he comes out and SURPRISE its an undercover cop. Car gets impounded and we spent 3 hours at the precinct.

Wait a minute, time out, stop the press...

You mean to tell me that your friend accepted the challenge that this guy (the cop) extended? So the COP made the challenge to race? This is called entrapment. This is when a cop engages in an illegal activity to entice or elicit another person to take part in the illegal activity. This is highly illegal for the cop to do.
I am in law school, and we study cases like this all the time.
If you get a lawyer with even half a brain, you will get off scott-free, and the cop could lose his badge. I strongly suggest you look into it.
Old 02-04-2002, 01:51 AM   #13
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Matrix, I was wondering about the entrapment issue. This also happened to a friend of mine in HS, but he didn't do anything about it. Thanks for clarifying the law.

FMR, you should at least look into the issue, and possibly talk to a lawyer about it. $500 is no laughing matter, and it would be very nice to have it dropped from your record.

Old 02-04-2002, 02:02 AM   #14
Matrix

No problem! Glad I could help, at least in spreading useful information.
I strongly advocate people's rights, and I don't think the educational system sufficiently informs people about how the law works. I really believe there should be a required course in every high school that teaches people about legal issues and a basic idea of how the law works. I think this would cause a drop in illegal activities, as more people will be better informed as to what is actually illegal and what isn't. Also, this will make people more informed of their rights, and will prevent some violation of rights by government agencies.

Before I started law school, I worked at a legal defense law firm in Chicago for two years. You would be shocked at some of the things cops do. I swear many of the things I've seen would blow your mind.
Old 02-04-2002, 05:44 PM   #15
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Damn girl.. You just have bad luck dont you!!!