::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Body Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2002, 02:15 PM   #1
rakugaki

How are body kits attatched!?

are fiberglass body kits attached to the factory holes with the factory clips, or are new holes made and new clips or screws are drilled in??
Old 11-24-2002, 09:05 PM   #2
Injen

you have to drill everything yourself with fiberglass kits.

DON"T RECOMMEND GETTING FIBERGLASS
Old 11-24-2002, 09:12 PM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

too late he's already gotten them

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 09:55 PM   #4
SofaKingSmooth

Have some one else do it so that if they mess it up it is on them and they have to pay for it, you already have put down enough cash havent you.
Old 11-25-2002, 01:51 PM   #5
rakugaki

Quote:
Originally posted by Injen

DON"T RECOMMEND GETTING FIBERGLASS [/b]

damn.... but anyway it's been sitting there since like summer, wanna put it on and get it over with, but i've been saving and i guess i can get it installed by someone else, but i just don't wanna be like "hey! i could have done that myself!!"

i hope the people at the body shop don't have some sheet of paper that says "we are not responsible for the quality of your fiberglass"....
Old 11-28-2002, 02:12 AM   #6
SilVtec

Quote:
Originally posted by rakugaki
damn.... but anyway it's been sitting there since like summer, wanna put it on and get it over with, but i've been saving and i guess i can get it installed by someone else, but i just don't wanna be like "hey! i could have done that myself!!"

i hope the people at the body shop don't have some sheet of paper that says "we are not responsible for the quality of your fiberglass"....

When I had my fiberglass kit, I had to drill all the holes myself. For me, it wasn't that hard cause I have helped do other cars, but if you have never done it before, I would recommend a body shop. I don't recommend fiberglass either, cause it so easily gets beaten up, and you'll spend more money repairing it than buying it...lol! I now have the polyurethane Avenger series kit on my Civic. I recommend polyurethane now.
Old 11-28-2002, 04:35 AM   #7
rakugaki

Quote:
Originally posted by SilVtec
When I had my fiberglass kit, I had to drill all the holes myself. I recommend polyurethane now.

so when you put your kit on, you just drilled new holes? does a profesional even do it any differently?
Old 11-28-2002, 04:36 AM   #8
rakugaki

oh yeah, today i checked like three autobody shops (two of which i had insurance work done for), they don't even want to touch fiberglass! i guess i gotta try downtown.
:o
Old 11-28-2002, 08:39 AM   #9
styldaccordngly

i got a gd2k fiberglass kit on my accord and my girls sister has a Tsunami polyurethane kit on her civic.. personally i like the glass better i put both kits on myself.. the gd2k was made of very high quality glass and doesnt seem easily broken and matched rigth up to the factory mounting points... the urethane moves alot and wasnt really matching up to the factory mounts.. but its good for a chick, cus if she hits something it wont break i have seen other glass kits and they fit like crap, especially glass fenders. i guess its the old case of "you get what you pay for"..
Old 11-28-2002, 08:41 AM   #10
SilVtec

Quote:
Originally posted by rakugaki
oh yeah, today i checked like three autobody shops (two of which i had insurance work done for), they don't even want to touch fiberglass! i guess i gotta try downtown.
:o

I would just sell the kit on ebay or something, and then get a kit made of polyurethane. You might have to wait for all the transactions to go through and all, but in a long run you will thank yourself. Polyurethane is very strong, and doesn't take any crap from rocks and crap. The only bad thing about polyurethane is that it doesn't hold paint very well, but if you go to a good body shop, then that won't be a problem. Any body shop that does a crappy job though will make it so it doesn't hold well though. Any hard flying object that hits your fiberglass kit will take the paint off it too, but it more than likely will break it too. It's not hard at all to tear some fiberglass.