::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2002, 10:17 PM   #1
Maxvla

Goofing off after work...

20civic01 (2001 civic ex, 127hp all stock) and i (1990 Accord 130hp basically stock, just a cheap intake which really does nothing) were leaving work tonite and i pulled up to him and he revved on me i just looked over and smiled. light went green and he took off roasting the tires and getting some wheel hop he had mentioned earlier. i didnt get on it at all... 2nd round about a mile later (there was basically no traffic) about the same story. but i put my foot into it to catch up cause it was short distance between lights. 3rd time i actually felt like racing so i revved up to about 2300 or so in my auto and he was loading his manual up. light went green and we both got about the same take off weirdly enough. we were up to about 20-25 and he started gaining on me and eventually roared past at about 45-50. we let off about oh... 60 and he was about 2 car lengths ahead.

major factor in his win... my car weighs about 1000 lbs more.

congrats joey... though i doubt its a story you will tell very many times... lol.

side note: best way to get rid of wheel hop??
Old 03-08-2002, 11:44 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Nice story

Best way to get rid of wheel hop... new suspension, and proper alignment, etc. I had it bad with the last set of rims and tires on my car, but now my tires just spin.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 06:39 PM   #3
TruHeel142

Yep, I've got some wheel hop too, but only when I launch above 4500 rpm. So it doesnt' bother me at all!
Old 03-15-2002, 04:15 PM   #4
Incubus

Lowering car will help, but probably easiest and cheapest way is to pick up the urethane bushings.........from all accounts that clears the problem up nicely.