::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2002, 04:53 PM   #1
HoOn

Nitrous Oxide anyone?

Hi! I'm thinking of getting Nitrous Oxideas my next project for my car. What are your thoughts about using Nitrous Ox? Is it worth it? I hard that I need to get some sort of license here in New Jersey to handle Nitrous Oxide.

any of you from Jersey liek myself have Nitrous Oxide? =)

Thanks!
Old 02-06-2002, 10:10 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well the f22 engines are not the best to use with the laughing gas. if u really want ot get it get a small shot up to 60 or so. I really do not recomend going more than that. we have some experienced guys here with n2o so check the nitrous forum.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 11:19 AM   #3
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Not a good idea..

Even though your engine can *handle* 50 shot, it wont do you much good for the stress that its putting on the engine..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 01:34 PM   #4
synical_accord

if your willing to rebuild both the pistons and reinforce the bottom end, it could be worth it. when i was thinking about turbo, i checked the same procedure out and it all makes sence just to swap powerplants. true, seems like a lot now, but a turboed h23 would kick some major neon drivin',ohhh i have stickers so i must be quick but. in the long run it would work out better.
Old 02-07-2002, 01:55 PM   #5
Maxvla

Welcome to Honda Style.
Nitrous is fun, but make sure all your parts can handle the power. Better safe than sorry.

>>Later>>
Old 02-07-2002, 02:04 PM   #6
HoOn

Quote:
Originally posted by Maxvla
...Nitrous is fun, but make sure all your parts can handle the power. Better safe than sorry...

How do I check it properly? Should I get a tune up and have them check the engine?
Old 02-07-2002, 02:36 PM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by catral

How do I check it properly? Should I get a tune up and have them check the engine?

i'd rather have a compression check done to it, then visually inspect for worn things like cams, valveguides etc

Old 02-07-2002, 08:20 PM   #8
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

LIke I said before, it aint a good idea..

For the sake of this thread, how many miles you have on it?

Old 02-07-2002, 08:55 PM   #9
HoOn

around 120K...
Old 02-07-2002, 08:57 PM   #10
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Well there's one more reason why you shouldnt..

A swap is really the way to go.. It may seem a little more expensive up front, but on the long run, you get sooo much more.

Old 02-07-2002, 10:00 PM   #11
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
around 120K...

Though it may be tempting, that is too many miles to spray. You might be able to get away with it for awhile, but in the long run, you'll hurt or ruin the engine.

Have you considered a swap?

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 10:54 PM   #12
HoOn

Oh man.. engine swap? Anyone wanna enlighten me on it or a link to some info on engine swapping especially on 1994 accords? Swap will be too much for me.. financially... Oh well...

Oh I just checked the Zex website (because Zex is what I'm planning on getting) for more info and this is what I got from their FAQs.

My car has high mileage, is it safe to run nitrous on it?

* High mileage is not necessarily an indicator of a car's mechanical condition. The better mechanical condition your car is in, the safer it is to use any high performance product. If you are not sure on the condition of your vehicle, take it to a qualified mechanic in your area for a complete inspection.

So I must have my engine double checked to make sure that it can handle the stress. If not I guess Im stuck with what I have. =(
Old 02-07-2002, 11:17 PM   #13
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

If you are absolutely set on spraying, take it to a mechanic, tell him what you want to do, and have him check it out. Even if he says its fine, I still don't think I'd do it though. If you don't have the money to swap, I take it you don't have money to replace your engine if something happens to it?

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 11:52 PM   #14
Maxvla

very good point 94ex.

120k doesnt necessarily mean the engine is too worn or that parts are weaker, but there is a much higher chance that they are than on an engine with say 20k miles

a spray a day keeps the cops away... (oops did i say that?)
Old 02-08-2002, 03:13 AM   #15
azn_nite_ryder

a 50 shot on a stock engine wont be worth the buck $$$ but unless you have pretty mods under the hood like sparks/wires, injectors, fuel pump.. blah blah blah... then the 50 shot would be worth it.....
besides with these mods you'll be able to get more outta your engine cuz its using more fuel, getting more air... burning it better will therefore increase the performance of the car.....
but on a stock engine wont be worth it at all..
Old 02-08-2002, 09:06 AM   #16
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Oh man.. engine swap? Anyone wanna enlighten me on it or a link to some info on engine swapping especially on 1994 accords? Swap will be too much for me.. financially... Oh well...

here is a link for a h22 swap. it is for a 4th gen accord but 5th gens have the same chassis, so it't won't be different.

http://members.aol.com/accorddrv/h22.html

Old 03-01-2002, 10:06 PM   #17
Verse914

im running a 75shot Zex kit on my 4th gen, and its running great. Ive been using it for about a year now with no problems. I have Zex plugs, and my timing retarded 2 degrees.
Old 03-05-2002, 11:05 AM   #18
NoNafs

i got like 250k on my car, u guys think i should run NOS? an engine swap sounds like a good idea, about how long does it take for a mechanic to drop the new engine, tranny, and related items in. in montreal they are cheaper then here, but i wanna kno how long id have to stay there if i got a new engine.