::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2003, 11:13 PM   #1
Beamen123

Video clips

I'm new to the site and I was wondering if anyone knew where I can get some video clips of Civic's, racing clips or whatever. In a few months I'm going to be buying a Civic EX and modding the heck out of it. I just wanted to see/hear what some of these cars look and sound like. I'm in the process of purchasing a '95 Civic EX and mods such as CF hood, Z3 fenders, corner lenses, altezza's, AEM intake system, Greddy t3/t4 turbo kit, Greddy headers, strut bars, lowering springs, Razzl body kit, racing seats, etc. I'm looking around to check my options. If anybody knows where I can find some video clips of Civic's, let me know. Thanks.

Randy
Old 03-15-2003, 01:42 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

here you go http://www.hstuners.com/mods/browse/

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 09:42 AM   #3
oc civic

Re: Video clips

Quote:
Originally posted by Beamen123
I'm new to the site and I was wondering if anyone knew where I can get some video clips of Civic's, racing clips or whatever. In a few months I'm going to be buying a Civic EX and modding the heck out of it. I just wanted to see/hear what some of these cars look and sound like. I'm in the process of purchasing a '95 Civic EX and mods such as CF hood, Z3 fenders, corner lenses, altezza's, AEM intake system, Greddy t3/t4 turbo kit, Greddy headers, strut bars, lowering springs, Razzl body kit, racing seats, etc. I'm looking around to check my options. If anybody knows where I can find some video clips of Civic's, let me know. Thanks.

Randy

AWWW shit dawg dat shiat sounds hot as hell damn i wish i had some z-3 fenders clear corners and altezzas.. dat shiat must loook dope... how many greddy headers you using on your turbo kit? i was gonna get some more strut bars i only have 2 now, i want to get 4 (1 fo each strut) and whats a razzl body kit i aint never seen one... i bet its off da hook (since yo other mods are so sweet) i wanna see pics of this race rocket.
Old 03-15-2003, 02:04 PM   #4
Beamen123

As I said, I'm in the process of buying the car and the mods. Haven't done this yet though. But yes, it will be a pretty sweet ride when I'm all said and done. Fast car with style (without rice). Thanks for your help.
Old 03-15-2003, 02:12 PM   #5
oc civic

Quote:
As I said, I'm in the process of buying the car and the mods. Haven't done this yet though. But yes, it will be a pretty sweet ride when I'm all said and done. Fast car with style (without rice). Thanks for your help.

i hear ya.. id make sure dat shitz got at least 2 headers sinse its got turbo.. and altezzas are so hot... im trying to find them for ma ride... i just got dem stupid red clear oem honda one. know if they make them for a 98 koupe?
Old 03-15-2003, 02:21 PM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by oc civic
i hear ya.. id make sure dat shitz got at least 2 headers sinse its got turbo.. and altezzas are so hot... im trying to find them for ma ride... i just got dem stupid red clear oem honda one. know if they make them for a 98 koupe?

LOFL.
ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 03:30 PM   #7
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

roflmao....dude...oc...youre totally gonna confuse this kid...who already doesnt have a clue what hes talkin about (noob...nothing wrong with it...cept the rice stuff)
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 03:35 PM   #8
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
roflmao....dude...oc...youre totally gonna confuse this kid...who already doesnt have a clue what hes talkin about (noob...nothing wrong with it...cept the rice stuff)

damm man dont be no hater, we's just talking bout his hot ride yo... im just telling him whats up with the headers. i saw a nice gready turbo with 3 headers the other day, shiat was off the hook...
i hhope he can tell me were to cop dem taillights..
Old 03-15-2003, 05:50 PM   #9
pdiggitydogg

this kids in for a world of confusion...
Old 03-15-2003, 06:26 PM   #10
Beamen123

pdiggity. No offense, but I'm not a kid. Secondly, I do know what I'm talking about. So don't just come post a reply thinking you know more than I do. Just because I don't own a civic yet doesn't mean you know more about cars, civics in particular, than I do.
Old 03-15-2003, 07:36 PM   #11
pdiggitydogg

ok...Beamen, Randy, "SIR"...whatever you say...but, "No offense" you CLEARLY do NOT know a whole lot about cars...seeings how you say you think you need "greddy headers" and an "AEM intake" AND a turbo...especially a greddy kit (which comes w/ an exhaust manifold...and filter)
1) its header, not headers...its an inline 4...so there is only 1.
2) if you get a header...youre not gonna be goin turbo
3) an AEM intake wont work w/ a turbo because the turbo provides air to the intake mani
4) just gettin lowering springs isnt smart...your stock struts/shocks would only last 1yr tops
(all this goes for ANY car...certainly not just civics)
(I suggest you read up on what a turbo is before you think you need one...not just watch the fast and the furious and copy what jesse sees under the hood of brian earl spilner's eclipse)

Its obvious that you dont know what youre talking about...
Nor, can you tell when someone is using sarcasm...OC is making fun of you...read some of his threads and you'll see that he is hardcore JDM styling and race

If youre planning on AUTOX then puttin all that body this and that on will only weigh you down...z3 fenders?? come on...its a civic...keep it that way...Altezzas...youre gonna get laughed at (plus their not legal unless you get TYC)

again..."No offense"...but learn about stuff before you say youre gonna get it...

And finally, no Im not saying that I know more about cars than I do...I didnt have to...you said it for me. I dont know everything, but from what I've read from you, you just like to talk big

*edit* oh...and for vids get em off kazaa or somethin like that...there are tons on there from legal strips to street to autox

Last edited by pdiggitydogg : 03-15-2003 at 08:00 PM.
Old 03-15-2003, 11:08 PM   #12
drdingo21

Quote:
Originally posted by oc civic
damm man dont be no hater, we's just talking bout his hot ride yo... im just telling him whats up with the headers. i saw a nice gready turbo with 3 headers the other day, shiat was off the hook...
i hhope he can tell me were to cop dem taillights..
man reading your internet ebonics is making my head hurt.

and Beamen123 hes right, its obvious you don't know what your talking about... No offense
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 08:51 AM   #13
oc civic

there you guys go ruining my fun.... well yeah sinse the gig is up anyway.. the car you described not only is impossible BUT sucks anyway... who the hell wants altezzas.. i mean i could see if you already had them, but to actualy want them now.. oh yeah one last thing buying an already hooked up car is queer, hooking up a car should be personal, it should reflect ones likes and dislikes... it SHOULD be the product of ones own sweat and hard work... people who turn there own wrenches and pic there own parts get the upmost respect in my book...
Old 03-17-2003, 10:12 AM   #14
Beamen123

Who ever said I'm buying an already modded car? I'm modding it myself. That's the whole point of me buying a civic. I'm buying a regular old '94 or '95 Civic then modding it myself. Don't jump to conclusions.
Old 03-17-2003, 12:00 PM   #15
oc civic

Quote:
Who ever said I'm buying an already modded car? I'm modding it myself. That's the whole point of me buying a civic. I'm buying a regular old '94 or '95 Civic then modding it myself. Don't jump to conclusions.

well in that case... sure buy a civic.. but why an ex???? get a hatch and look for a swap.. slightly larger motor.. twin cam.. eh..

and as far as looks go.. try jdmcivic.com
if you do that you can't go wrong...

and do a little more reading before you jump to conclusions.. like saying you want a header AND turbo.. that just make you look like an idiot..
Old 03-17-2003, 02:59 PM   #16
Beamen123

I've looked around a lot and found what I really would like and what's within my budget, modding wise, would be to go with the EX. t3/t4 turbo's are quick enough for what I'm looking for and as far as other mods I'm looking at completing. Yeah, I guess I kind of made myself look dumb and I apologize. I'm still in the process of learning all this stuff and reading up on what all I need to do. So instead of buying a cold air intake, I'll have to go with short ram. :P I found a few civics on cardomain.com that I'm basically going to base my mods on for looks but not for performance, interior, and engine bay looks. Thanks for your help, I do apologize again. Thanks..

Randy
Old 03-17-2003, 04:32 PM   #17
oc civic

good luck with your car.. if you have any actual questions feel free to ask im always lookign to help..
Old 03-17-2003, 06:31 PM   #18
pdiggitydogg

actually...if youre going turbo DO NOT BUY AN INTAKE...the greddy kit comes with one so dont worry about it
Old 03-17-2003, 08:55 PM   #19
Beamen123

alright thanks. will do.
Old 03-17-2003, 09:16 PM   #20
pdiggitydogg

Also...if youre gonna boost be sure to get the fmic (front mount intercooler) that greddy makes...its advised...though it doesnt come w/ one...get a BOV (blow off valve) too
AND I really suggest upgrading your fuel system, if you plan on boosting over the 5.5psi that greddy has preset into the system

Lastly...for better info check the HS turbo section...theyre smarter than most of us civic section trolls
Old 03-19-2003, 09:14 AM   #21
oc civic

BTW just so you know.. turbo on a single cam is silly... you will spend way too much to go not that fast..
Old 03-19-2003, 08:04 PM   #22
iRACEmyCTR

you should buy a gst eclipse, paint it neon green, put a big ass aluminum wing and than say things like "civics dont impress cuz i killed a supercharged si" and "hold on the engine's talking now" and "i schooled a wrx" and then confront me at wawa and ask why im talking shit on how i'd beat you but then when i say again that i'd beat you reply "i dont race it"
Old 03-19-2003, 09:01 PM   #23
pdiggitydogg

^wait...huh?!
Old 03-19-2003, 10:12 PM   #24
iRACEmyCTR

just venting about some local ricer at my school. it's pretty bad at my high school...
Old 03-19-2003, 10:21 PM   #25
nonovurbizniz

you can get more than respectable numbers off a turbo sohc.... 200 whp... or so before you have to build internals.

if your serious about going turbo check out honda-tech.com

there's A LOT of guys running ex's and si's turbo and doing just fine.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:24 AM   #26
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz
you can get more than respectable numbers off a turbo sohc.... 200 whp... or so before you have to build internals.

if your serious about going turbo check out honda-tech.com

there's A LOT of guys running ex's and si's turbo and doing just fine.

no offense but a STOCK single cam makes a LITTLE over a 100 at the wheels stock to a little under.. if you are bumping 100 extra hourse AT THE WHEELS without being built.. the motor is on its way out.. theres NO way a non built motor with a turbo bolted on will make an extra hundred horse... to get these numbers you are GREATLY reducing the reliability of the car..
Old 03-20-2003, 09:31 AM   #27
pdiggitydogg

^yeah dude...he said "build"...granted you gotta build the shit outta it get gain 100hp

and yeah CTR...high school is always bad...I remember that shit...stupid stupid kids....
Old 03-20-2003, 09:35 AM   #28
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
^yeah dude...he said "build"...granted you gotta build the shit outta it get gain 100hp

and yeah CTR...high school is always bad...I remember that shit...stupid stupid kids....

he said 200 BEFORE you would need to build... and i say BS.. lol
Old 03-20-2003, 10:31 AM   #29
pdiggitydogg

oops.... me can reed

yeah 200 before a build is