Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2005, 01:17 AM   #27
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED

2. If it were to become legal it would be taxed and regulated and unlike other countries like Holland our rabid capitalism would eventually produce joints and/or loose product that was either sub par or loaded with additives to increase shelf life, enhance flavor, etc. Plus, like Az pointed out, people here are too lazy to do much of anything themselves so it's inevitable that pot would become just like cigarettes. The only people who would grow pot themselves are probably the people who do it now anyway...and I'd bet a good number of them would switch to making a run to the local 7-11 if they could.

3. Even if you do smoke pot, chances are that when you're sober and you encounter someone who's stoned, it annoys the living shit out of you. Look back at Darin's post about going to photo class and then getting blazed. Can you imagine going to a store and getting a clerk that acted like that? Or how about calling tech support and getting someone so stoned they can't tell shit from apple butter. Sure, it happens now and it probably wouldn't increase dramatically, but I can totally see that becoming a problem. Oh man...I hate dealing with people who are stoned.

i disagree... both those are supposed what if senarios not looking at the whole picture. yeah store bought would sell... but given the nature of enjoyment and the "breed" of people (hippies for the most part) i think that growing their own would probobly be more apealing (anti-gov, organic, the lable "homegrown", etc) not to mention the huge difference in quality from field grown and indoor home grown. if anything more people would start growing.

as for being stoned in every day life, your not gonna have a bunch of people walking around laughing at the ground and yelling at trees. you can handle yourself at work or in public fine as long as your not retarted stoned 5 mins before going in. saying it makes you stupid is wrong. it makes you lazy thus not wanting to think, but if you give a half ass about your job its not a problem

its no worse than drinking on society. people will do their day life, then instead of bars, have smoking dens for late night if they wanted.

remeber its not going to be like people smoking cigs on the street. i would bet even if they ever did change the law on it to make it semi-legal, its going to be like an open container law thing with lit pot.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.

Last edited by ChrisCantSkate : 11-05-2005 at 01:21 AM.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote