::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Others
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2001, 10:03 AM   #1
DelSolLover

What don't you like??

I was just wondering what you guys don't like about your del sol's. I mean overall I love my car, but I'll start off by listing a few things that I dislike about it.

First off, I don't like the fact that Honda engineers SUCK at designing cup holders. Our cup holders are placed in the worst spot in the car... plus that and you can't have anything in your center console if you want to have a drink in there, or otherwise it won't fit.

Second, I dont like those little itty bitty "sunvisors" we have, what a joke! There is about 20 minutes a day where they are actually useful, and the rest of the time, they are totally useless.

I don't like the fact that my roof leaks like crazy when it rains, or snows (but that is just a factory defect from my year 93, that the previous owner never fixed). And last but not least, I hate the fact that del sol's have no torque!

So, lets hear some of your dislikes...

~Morgan
Old 10-30-2001, 11:19 AM   #2
HeartnSol

First off, I agree with you on everything you mentioned.
One of mine would be the gas door. There coulda been a better way to get the thing to pop out than the rubbers, THAT WEAR OUT, and you have to try to hold the lever and try to pry the thing open
Old 10-30-2001, 11:45 AM   #3
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Its a 2 seater...

No really it has its advantages and disadvantages, I think you guys covered most of the problem that Ive seen with the Sol
Old 10-30-2001, 12:20 PM   #4
DelSolLover

Another thing that bothers me is that the glove box is so tiny, the only thing that fits in there is the factory manual and the instruction booklet that came with my aftermarket stereo. I guess thats what you get when you buy a small car, its small all around.

~Morgan
Old 10-31-2001, 09:24 AM   #5
HeartnSol

It also needs a little more sound deadning material in the back.
Alota road noise and fuel shloshing.
Old 11-01-2001, 05:17 PM   #6
delsol

Don't get me wrong, I love my car. (And LMAO when I read the sunvisor and cupholder comments - how true!)

The only thing I can think of off-hand to add is the freaking side/rear blindspots caused by the car design....

Other than that, it's a champ!
Old 11-01-2001, 09:54 PM   #7
VN-Tec

Popularity
Old 11-02-2001, 10:37 AM   #8
DelSolLover

I thought of a few others... I don't know if this is true of all years, but I have a 93 si, and it doesn't have a low gas light, which I mean you can easily look down and see how much gas you have, but I liked the light option that was on my old Accord, once the light was on I knew I had about 2 gallons left. I also don't like the fact that my car doesnt have the "lights are on" reminder bell. In most cars there is some sort of reminder that your lights are on if you turn the car off and the lights are still on. Not in the del sol, and not that I really have a problem turning them off, but a simple little bell wouldn't hurt. Thats about it...
Old 11-02-2001, 11:20 AM   #9
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I have the best answer....

The Fact that they took it away!!
Old 11-02-2001, 04:04 PM   #10
FlappyUltra

The only good cup holder I've ever had was in my '89 Plymouth Colt Turbo. The best thing about that car was a large rectangular hole in the center console that could hold two milk cartons. But it also had this peice of wire that folded up to hold two cups of almost any rational size, or down to hold one gigantic cup or water bottle. That was nice.

But what don't I like about my Sol? Hey.. I love this car. But it could go on a diet. 400 lbs less, and it would be a contender. And let's talk body roll.. Honda! My '95 Si doesn't even have a rear sway bar! WTF?!

But lets hear it for that trunk! I've had worse trunks on much larger cars. And the roof rack in the trunk.. Absolute genius. Obviously the car has a lot going for it, or we'd all be driving Miatas. Wanna talk about shit cup holders!

Jake
Old 11-08-2001, 10:14 AM   #11
HeartnSol

How about those two black knots on the hood.
Couldn't they have hidden them in the cowl or something.
It's like two big warts on the end of your nose.
And they're always getting polish in them to clog things up.
Maybe its just me.
Old 11-12-2001, 03:34 AM   #12
eastcoastdelsol

well,

look at it this way.

I don't care about a cup holder, i dont care about lights on reminders, i dont care about sun visors.

The way i see it, Honda left all the useless stuff for racing OUT of the sol.
Rear sway? get some ITR LCA's and a bar, and you are set. it's not that hard to get what you want.
If your roof leaks, you need to get the hard seal kit,that was a recall in 93-94 delsol's.
Old 11-12-2001, 02:44 PM   #13
DelSolLover

I realize what you are saying, but I personally dont use my car to race, I use it to get from one place to an other, and do work on it as a hobby. I know cup holders aren't important when racing, neither is a lights on reminder bell or sun visors... I just started a new topic because there was a lack of good ones in this forum. I stated what I don't like, as did other people, regardless of the aplication when racing. I'm sorry you felt that this was unacceptable, or "dumb"

~Morgan
Old 11-14-2001, 09:40 AM   #14
HeartnSol

Some of us just get to serious sometimes and loose sight of the fact that it is really just a hobby to have some fun with.

These are just some of the things we'd do if we were part of the options disign team so to speek.

I totaly agree DelSolLover, I enjoyed the thread.
Old 11-14-2001, 10:37 AM   #15
DelSolLover

Quote:
Originally posted by HeartnSol

I totaly agree DelSolLover, I enjoyed the thread.

Thank you! I guess I was kind of feeling defensive the day I wrote that, but it the whole thread was just meant to be fun... I apologize if I was bitchy!

~Morgan
Old 11-14-2001, 09:38 PM   #16
HeartnSol

Ya did good
Old 11-16-2001, 02:24 AM   #17
eastcoastdelsol

Quote:
Originally posted by DelSolLover
I realize what you are saying, but I personally dont use my car to race, I use it to get from one place to an other, and do work on it as a hobby. I know cup holders aren't important when racing, neither is a lights on reminder bell or sun visors... I just started a new topic because there was a lack of good ones in this forum. I stated what I don't like, as did other people, regardless of the aplication when racing. I'm sorry you felt that this was unacceptable, or "dumb"

~Morgan

woooah woah waoh!

I was not calling you dumb, i was not calling you unacceptable.
I was simply stating, that form my point of view, i love that they left out "all the bells and whistles" in the sol. Thats one of the main reasons why i bought it. All those things jsut add weight, and i think that if you are too stupid to remeber to turn off your lights with out a bell, then you deserve to come out to a car with a dead battery
besides, thats what pop starting is for.

So, no hard feelings, and you took that the wrong way.
Old 11-16-2001, 11:26 AM   #18
DelSolLover

I know... I'm sorry I was bitchy. Like I said in my other post, I must have been feeling very defensive the day I wrote that reply. I reread your post the other day, and it didn't have the same affect on me as it did the first time I read it. Honestly I know some people could care less about certain features, I was just stating what I'd like to see different about my car. I know everyone has different opinions, you were stating yours, just as I was stating mine.

~Morgan
Old 11-16-2001, 07:21 PM   #19
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
I have the best answer....

The Fact that they took it away!!

Best answer I have heard so far....
I heard that del sols as$ ends swing out when cornering hard...or want to.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2001, 11:34 PM   #20
delsolguy

The main complaint I have is the weight of the car. Other than that, I think Honda did a damn good job making a two seat roadster into something that a person can make a daily driver out of. So the things like the visors (even though the JDM ones are full size! What gives?), blind spot, roof seals, etc. I can deal with. I just see them as the quirks of owning a car as unique and wonderful as the Sol.

Oh and the auxillary lights...why do they burn out so quick? Kinda sucks when your $20 pair of hyper whites burns out after two months.
Old 12-10-2001, 07:14 PM   #21
tightteg52

DelSolLover???? sounds to me like you hate your sol!!!! Nah im just messing w/ every car has its problems and it seems like some people are reluctant to voice anything wrong w/ thier cars ya know what i mean???? oh well im just rambling now!!!!!
Old 12-10-2001, 07:25 PM   #22
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by tightteg52
every car has its problems and it seems like some people are reluctant to voice anything wrong w/ thier cars

Well here goes....stuff wrong with my car. Broken bumper 100 peices, since the accident, ripped up fender since the addicent, ya know what. I got in an accident last night. Sort of a Head on. I'm not listing whats wrong with it bekause it's SCREWED!!!

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

Old 12-12-2001, 02:29 PM   #23
Whtehnda93DXSdn
It has 4 Doors...

that they didn't make it in a Sedan...sorry just messing around...
Old 12-12-2001, 10:09 PM   #24
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

s'all good.:P

Old 12-14-2001, 10:47 PM   #25
hondapower

They make jdm sunvisors that are like normal visors. I dont have the web site right know but i will let you know when i do.
Old 12-29-2001, 01:48 AM   #26
eastcoastdelsol

weight?

its 2400 lbs dude!! thats lighter than a civic 2-dorr or sedan! (not hatch though)

rear end wsiging out? Get your self some sways and tie bars, drop it, and get some good tires liek pirelli p-zeros, and most of all- learn how to drive a FWD car!!!
If the ass starts going out- MAT it, THEN turn in. Your front wheels will pull you straight again.

Besides, having the ass come out a little sometimes is fun I've had my fair share of highway on-ramp drifts ... its great to see the look on peoples faces when you are entering a highway almost sideways and then dipping Its great
Old 01-03-2002, 01:01 AM   #27
dejoux

I just found something I dont like

The Electric Roof. Mines F***ing stuck down.

Ah well I dont need a roof or a boot or side windows, as at the moment I cant use any of them.

Im gonna have a a look at converting it back to a manual one
Old 01-14-2002, 03:41 PM   #28
rflore2323

I like everything about my car..