::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Others
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2002, 08:38 PM   #1
crx_sam

b16b

ive got a 91 crx si and i want somthing stronger then the b16a so i was looking at the b16b and i am wondering if the b16b would fit into my car

thanks
Sam

p.s. there isn't anyone else from vermont by any chance out there is there?
Old 11-20-2002, 09:32 PM   #2
ShEaNy

y isnt the B16A strong enough....i thought the A and The B had no more then a 15 horse difference?
B16A- JDM 1.6L DOHC VTEC- 92-95 Civic Si-R II/ 92-97 CRX DelSol SiR (170ps)
B16B- JDM 1.6L DOHC VTEC- 98+ Civic Type R (185ps)
If thats the version of A u have then theres barely any horse difference...unless theres another factor involved...to y u want the B....U can fit a H22A1 in there if u have the cash..lol..but i wouldnt recomend it....its a heavy engine for that car..plus big for the bay....y not go to a B18C5 or something? just letting u know ur options here..
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 01:50 AM   #3
slowEJ6

the B16B is trash. dont bother. its a 1.6L, dont expect much out of it in NA form. you can upgrade the internals and all that though and be a bit faster.

but if you are in dire need to swap, at least get a B18C5, its only a couple hundred more than the crap B16B.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 09:03 AM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

which one is the b16b ? the 1.6 in the 6th gen civic si ? i think that engine has some balls for everyday driving, but that's about it

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 12:03 PM   #5
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by slow ej6
the B16B is trash. dont bother. its a 1.6L, dont expect much out of it in NA form. you can upgrade the internals and all that though and be a bit faster.

but if you are in dire need to swap, at least get a B18C5, its only a couple hundred more than the crap B16B.

I think that was well said....Give Tom a hand everybody

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 10:13 AM   #6
crx_sam

alright thanks i guess the b16a will push
Old 11-24-2002, 11:05 PM   #7
ShEaNy

Turbo
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 02:08 AM   #8
racerus

I think you should go with a b20 block/b16a head more displace ment you get 2.0 instead of 1.6 or 1.8
Old 11-28-2002, 09:23 AM   #9
crxb16hybrid

B20 motors are crap though......The piston walls are just to thin for you to truelly do anything good to it.....They will give you a great hp gain over the b16 but as for longevity forget about it ....The walls just cant handle it ....Atleast thats my 2 cents
Old 12-23-2002, 04:46 AM   #10
pissedoffsol

b16b is crap? b20 is crap?

man i'm new here but my GOD I have never seen a bigger bunch of morons in my life. Opinions are like a$$hgoles....

Fact: b16b makes more power, has an LSD tranny
Fact: b16a makes a little less power
Fact: crv sleeves are known to be weaker
Fact: crv motors are FAR from crap- they jsut require more tuning and/or a sleeve job to handel a lot of power.
Fact: a friend of mine has 45k miles on a cr/vtec on 12.6:1 cr and makes 186 whp. no signs of wall damage
Fact: countless b20 blocks have come back cracked. Fact- they weren't tuned properly.
Fact: itr b18c spec R is a better choice than a b16b FOR THE MONEY (and for the money ONLY)
Fact: saying "I Think_______" only proves that you don't know what the hell you are talking about. So shut up if you don't know what you sare tlaking about.

STOP THE BS.
Old 12-23-2002, 03:45 PM   #11
crxb16hybrid

Fact: You are an ASSHOLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...Just cause MAYBE just MAYBE your a little more educated on the issue of motors doesn’t mean you need to come in on the forum and try to trash people for not being the master mechanic you are. This forum is to get answers not to insult someone’s intelligence. If we made a mistake on a comment we made its nice to be corrected but not battered by a belligerent dick like your self...If your going to talk ish than find another forum for it...We all make mistakes and we hope we can be as kewl as you one day ...Rock on DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!Oh yeah just my opinion....lmao
Old 12-24-2002, 03:51 AM   #12
pissedoffsol

Asshole - Yes, I am. Why? because I've seen too much shit on the internet- talk of this that and the other thing going on.. yeah you can add that to your car and when the dude tries it a week later he ****s something up cuz he listened to some thread he read on the internet that said it would work. its a costly mistake.
im rocking on, and those who choose to listen to me will actually build a car that works. those who don't will be show car slow cars if they dont blow up first.

I honestly don't care if you like me or my attitude- but remeber who can help you if you need something.
Old 12-24-2002, 10:54 AM   #13
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by pissedoffsol
Asshole - Yes, I am. Why? because I've seen too much shit on the internet- talk of this that and the other thing going on.. yeah you can add that to your car and when the dude tries it a week later he ****s something up cuz he listened to some thread he read on the internet that said it would work. its a costly mistake.
im rocking on, and those who choose to listen to me will actually build a car that works. those who don't will be show car slow cars if they dont blow up first.

I honestly don't care if you like me or my attitude- but remeber who can help you if you need something.

dude i'm not questioning you....but got pics of your car...LS turbo swap...i wanna see it cause that's exactly what I wanna do!!!!

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 01:14 PM   #14
Kyle
elyK

I think i like pissedoffsol. lol
It seems that you know what you're talking about...and hopefully i'll learn something from you.

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 04:06 PM   #15
crxb16hybrid

Quote:
Originally posted by pissedoffsol

That’s nice and I will keep in mind if I need help to check with you first before I consult any of my other talented mechanics or go with what I know.... You seem like you know your ish but do you have to insult everyone on here. If your going to direct comments at certain people please...please...please point them out not just label everyone as the moron.... People that do know their ish don’t take kindly to it... That’s all I ask and for those that listen to just any advice ...Well they get what they deserve ...If you don’t do your research then your going to get burned...

Thanks TY
Lucky 13
:o
Old 12-26-2002, 04:43 AM   #16
pissedoffsol

im still waiting on my bottom end to get back from JG... so i have no pics. when its in, there will be pics.

here's my setup as of this point:

JG gen3 LS shortblock 84mm bore (2.0L) complete sleeved, the whole 9
ls head ported by portflow, fererra valves,3-angled, crower inner/outers and retainers, crower ls/t cams (i forget the number), kooks equal length manifold, tial 46mm wastegate, 3" downpipe, 3" thermal cat back, car sound cat, blitz bov, hondata s200 w/ boost/datalogging/etc, skunk2 intake mani, toda cam gears, pwr intercooler from a mitsu Evo 7, turbonetics ball bearing t4 60-1 .57/.70 P-trim, moroso oil pan, hondata heat shield intake mani gasket, greddy profec e-01 boost controller, hks turbo timer,
shit you get the picture... im sure im missing some things.

my turbo/pan/lines/bov/gate etc are in the mail and should be here on the 3rd or 4th of january.

my block is still a couple weeks away. JG has about a month turn around

so once that gets back, i gotta put the head on, and stuff- drop it in. im going to run it na for 4000 miles to break it in properly. then, the turbo stuff goes on, hondata goes on, and i go to the dyno for tuning.
a similar setup to this that a buddy of mine had put 403/330 at the wheels on 22 psi my block will hold 30, my head will hold 10,000 rpms... i have way more potential. 10s, here i come, debt, im trying to stay out of

pics to come... just gotta get everything together...

this is what i started with...

after pics... will come
Old 12-27-2002, 10:12 AM   #17
crxb16hybrid

Sounds like its gonna be a bad ass ride ....cant wait to see the finished product......I need to get pics of mine up soon....
Old 12-27-2002, 10:53 AM   #18
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

I like that guy

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:
Anonymous: Yea but a car has 4 heads, so it's headers!

Me: Or.. you could say that a car has one head...
TonitrusEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 02:41 AM   #19
pissedoffsol

hehe thanks
Old 12-31-2002, 06:46 PM   #20
crxb16hybrid

Pissedoff I seen your sight that you are normally on and I must say im impressed.....Not to mention you have Cory on there. He owns a local speed shop here and also runs at a local track .....Very good kid....Nice car to
Old 12-31-2002, 06:57 PM   #21
pissedoffsol

yeah- we are working on becomming cory's official site
Old 01-02-2003, 05:17 PM   #22
fabulous71

Quote:

This is my first post on this site and I just want to say that for the uninformed out there, the B16B motor is simply not trash.

ALL Honda B Series VTEC motors are works of art.

LOL
Fabulous71
Old 01-03-2003, 09:36 AM   #23
crxb16hybrid

Yeah cory has one of the better all motor cars around here....At least last time I had spoke with him he did....I havent seen much of him at the track lately......If you have any info on him let me know ....

Thanks
Ty
Old 01-05-2003, 02:13 AM   #24
pissedoffsol

well, last i heard he blew up his ls/vtec, and he is working on something else now... i'm not sure what...
Old 01-22-2003, 07:29 PM   #25
b16acrx

b16b is a rare motor,lsd tranny,but i would go with a b18c just my opinion though
Old 02-02-2003, 04:49 PM   #26
cashizslick

Quote:

yeah, good call. I was set on getting a B16 for my car, but then i did some learning and the integra vtec motors (b18c1 and b18c5) are the BEST way to go. You will need the torque, and the B18's come with stronget internals and much more power potential.
Old 03-02-2003, 04:57 PM   #27
themadhatter

what the hell does ps mean
Old 03-03-2003, 04:40 AM   #28
pissedoffsol

its a figure of measureing power - just like there's ounces and grams...

1 ps = 736 Watts = 1.013 hp
1 hp = 745.7 Watts = 0.987 ps