::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Others
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2003, 07:33 PM   #1
Sol's Eye

How much paint to buy?

All right, guys, it is almost time to paint the sol. I have my color picked out and where to get it. Now all I need to know is how much to buy? I want to do about three coats of basecoat and about four coats of clear. How much paint should I get? I also want to paint my door jambs and the engine bay, too. Or at least I want to have enough paint to have that option. So anyone out there who has painted there sol, how much will I need?
Old 01-29-2003, 09:35 PM   #2
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

you're going to paint your engine bay? ..

I would leave that to the pro's to do.

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 09:51 PM   #3
Sol's Eye

Well, I don't know if I personally will be painting the car or not. I know a guy who has been painting cars for a long time. You know, one of those cousin's boyfriend's roomate's best friends type things. So I am going to try and get him to paint it. But if he won't, then it will be me and a different friend who has a degree in autobody. But actually, now that I think about it, I may just wind up leaving the engine bay black. I was going to paint the bay the same blue as the car and do blue/chrome for the engine. But I think that a black bay with black/chrome would look better. And for all the haters, I know, chrome = But remember, I am building this car for show. And while chrome = it also = points.
Old 02-01-2003, 02:26 AM   #4
myself_included

For show you'll need the engine bay and door jams the same color as the exterior. :o
and you should need about 5 qts for the color coats.
Old 02-01-2003, 05:31 PM   #5
Sol's Eye

Quote:
Originally posted by myself_included
For show you'll need the engine bay and door jams the same color as the exterior. :o
and you should need about 5 qts for the color coats.

Yeah, I knew I needed the jams the same color. And after thinking about having an engine bay that didn't match I decided against it. And I actually asked another guy I know about paint and he said about 5 quarts as well, so I think that is what I am going to get. How much clear coat should I get? I would like to do four coats of clear. Will 6 quarts do four coats, or will I have to get more? Thanks for the help, guys.
Old 02-01-2003, 11:51 PM   #6
myself_included

6 qts should do 4 coats. How much clear you need depends on how many coats you want....
Old 06-16-2003, 04:50 PM   #7
DLo

Would this be the same 6 qts to do say a CRX?
Would that be sufice for 4 coats?
Old 06-20-2003, 08:56 PM   #8
pimpinprelude

thay told me all i needed to paint my lude was 2qts
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 05:36 PM   #9
DLo

so yea, the reason I am going with two gallons is due to a inexpensive buy on dark matalic flake blue and powder white, and I am going to do the mixxing myself to get jus the baby blue I want.
$65.00 for two gallons of baby blue to my match aint bad if ya ask me, but shit, what do I know.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:36 PM   #10
pimpinprelude

man that is good!! whare are you getting it from?? but just remeber when you mix paint wet, it looks lighter than it will when its dry... so watch out there dude...
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote