User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 08:19 AM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Yes, I smoke

Don't like second hand smoke? Either hold your breath until you pass out or get the fuck away from me. Either way, I win. Yesterday while taking a break from Korean class I stepped outside for a smoke. An older man (I can only assume another professor) walked by and sneered at me, saying "you know those things will kill ya". I looked him square in the eye and said "Yep...that's the plan fuckface". I'm sick of this shit. You can berate smokers and insult them and make them huddle in doorways like hookers. What if you're fat? I'd be willing to say that at least 95% of fat people are fat by choice. Excluding the ones with medical conditions (which is incredibly rare), the rest don't choose to have a proper diet or exercise. I choose to smoke. It's like a race to see who'll die first (again, I'll probably win). The problem is that you can't make fun of someone because they're fat. No...it's not their fault, it's McDonald's or Wendy's or who the fuck ever. McDonald's is just like any "big tobacco" company out there...they lie to you. You know the shit's bad for you, but you consume it anyway. But somehow smokers take the brunt of this more heavily. You see bullshit commercials on TV with fucktards saying "they lied to us, man" outside some corporate office. Of course they lied to you, you waste of sperm and egg...that's what drug dealers do. Nicotine is a drug and the people who sell it are dealers. The people who chose to consume it are customers who have no right to bitch when and if they get sick. "Well I didn't know it was bad for me". What the hell might have tipped you off? The cough?

As for you high and mighty non-smokers, I have a message for you as well. You're all going to die, too. I know that because you don't smoke, you retain some illusion of immortality. Wrong. You're dead, too. The difference is, I'm going to enjoy my time here by doing what I like. My mother always told me "don't knock it if you haven't tried it". Well, she's never had a cigarette and most non-smokers haven't either (but in my mother's case she won't stop bitching at me to quite smoking...just like most other non-smokers). So either join me in "flavor country" (even though I smoke Camels and not shitty Marlborors.) or kindly shut the fuck up.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
Old 02-02-2006, 08:41 AM   #2
sicones

I smoked for a few years, then I woke up one day and never smoked a single cigarette again, its totatly fuckin pointless, and you just smell like shit and have bad breath all day...
Old 02-02-2006, 11:00 AM   #3
ShEaNy

smoking is pointless....kinda like life itself...ur right on the were all going to die part though..cant argue that...y not speed the process...
Old 02-02-2006, 11:20 AM   #4
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

My dad smoked since he was 12. Hes 53 now and looks like he's pushing 65.
I was around it on a constant basis ever since I can remember, until I was 13, when my dad moved out and then only every other weekend. I seriously cant stand it anymore.

Its everyones choice to kill themselves in any way. Im not singling out cigarettes, people that talk on their cell phones all the time will get brain tumors; people that drink diet pop or a lot of alcohol will get liver failure; regular pop? Diabetes.
Yeah, we're all going to die...I dont think that anyone is questioning that. They just want to die their own way.

I almost see it as like youre sharing it with them, whether they want it or not; just how smoking is. But think how youd feel if a really fat guy who over-eats was throwing burgers down your throat when you walked by?
Just my opinion, of course. Im not going to piss on you for smoking, and I dont think anyone else should either.
Personally, Id just like to die from my unhealthy eating habits and a heartattack/stroke, not any form of cancer...shit's wicked.

Oh, and on a sidenote... I could never be a smoker or heavy drinker. Im too lazy to go to the store when I run out. Even if I was already out doing other things, chances are...Id forget to.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:21 AM   #5
AzCivic

Re: Yes, I smoke

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
As for you high and mighty non-smokers, I have a message for you as well. You're all going to die, too. I know that because you don't smoke, you retain some illusion of immortality. Wrong. You're dead, too. The difference is, I'm going to enjoy my time here by doing what I like. My mother always told me "don't knock it if you haven't tried it". Well, she's never had a cigarette and most non-smokers haven't either (but in my mother's case she won't stop bitching at me to quite smoking...just like most other non-smokers). [/b]

i think you're totally wrong about non smokers never trying it, most people have and realized it was a waste of time and money for something that makes you stink and ruins your health.

i don't say anything to people that do, thats their own choice, hell the tax they pay on them is probably helping our country quite nicely.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:31 AM   #6
Robert
R-Tard

Just because you choose to inflict smoking upon yourself, doesn't mean you have the right to inflict this on others.

The major difference between over eating and smoke is that very rarely do people die from sitting beside someone who is over eating. However second hand smoke does kill.

Smoking, is a problem, it will soon become the leading cause of death in Canada; I'm sure America is going to face similar issues.

After watching my fiance's uncle die at 56 yearsold due to cancer in the throat. I myself wouldn't be very quick to hang around smokers, or support any aspect of 'pro smoking'. He ulitimately died of starvation as his body shut down. The cancer was all throughout his body, too bad to treat. He spent the last 6 months of his life, alone, away from his family, in a hospital, in a great deal of pain and hooked up to a handful of machines.

Though his death was expected, the lives that it impacted was much greater then just one. Some people view that their deaths will not impact anyone but themselves. That tends to be a selfish view. I dont think you could ask any smoker who lost their loved one to their second hand smoke if there was a price greater then their life.

Last edited by Robert : 02-02-2006 at 11:39 AM.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:44 AM   #7
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Wow, I don't even know where to start.

I do not smoke. I can't stand it, it makes me feel like shit just sitting around it and having to smell it. I try my best to avoid it, but sometimes you just can't. I don't have a problem with smoking outside, or in your car/house/etc. Smokey bars, I expect there to be smoke. The only time I have a real problem with it is at resturaunts that have inadequite nonsmoking areas. The ones that place you in a nonsmoking section that is close enough that you could reach over and take a hit off of the smoker sitting next to you without leaving your seat.

As for fat people. I don't pity them either. Fast food resturaunts are not the healthiest way to eat, this is no hidden secret. You still have a choice though, just like you do with smoking. Don't blame your weaknesses on the big name Companies. You could give up anything just like anyone else has. Whether you choose to do it or not is your own problem.

One last thing. I'd rather sit next to a fat person eating 12 bigmacs and 10 SuperSized fries then a smoker anyday. His diet, isn't going to affect me in anyway.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:53 PM   #8
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i smoke, but i dont try and push it on anyone, and i respect the fact people dont want to be around it. shit when im not smoking i dont want to smell someones smoke blown my way so why would i smoke up an area that people dont wana have to deal with it.
second hand smoke killing? please its good and all in theory, but there is much more stuff out there you need to worry about. it can harm you, but not as bad as pollution. it comes down to choice, i think it is the worst think you can do to your body, worse than any drug or alchohal.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:22 PM   #9
Wren57

Quote:
Just because you choose to inflict smoking upon yourself, doesn't mean you have the right to inflict this on others.

Exactly. Your analogy between smoking and being fat is horrible, mainly because when fat people eat, I don't get fatter. When smokers smoke, I have to inhale it and, am thus, less healthy. When was the last time you watched a fat person eat and ended up getting fatter yourself?

Also, almost everyone I know smoked at some point in their lives. Hell, I even smoked on/off for over a year. I quit last October and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I no longer smell like cigs, nor does my house, and my teeth aren't constantly being stained and I am saving lots of money.

If you like to smoke, have fun, knock yourself out. And yes, you will die sooner. That just means I get a few years of slightly cleaner air...
Old 02-02-2006, 03:45 PM   #10
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

People's reactions to smoking never cease to amuse me. Everybody has horror stories about loved ones who smoke or have smoked...but you never hear the subject of the stories telling you to quit. Not one peron with a tracheotomy has ever come up to me and told me it was bad for me. Why? Because they get it. They understand what I'm doing. It's always their son/daughter/niece/nephew/third cousin's best friend pestering me with fake concern...like some sort of forced attrition.

And let's please not pretend that smoking is any more dangerous than breathing. All of the health risks associated with smoking also happen to a fair number of people who don't smoke. Lung cancer happens in a large cross section of smokers AND non smokers. Same goes for heart disease and emphysema. Smoking might increase those risks...then again it might not. A friend of my parents died from lung cancer despite the fact that she never touched a cigarette nor had she ever had any significant contact with second hand smoke. She was a nun for god's sake (I don't mean that figuratively...she lived in a convent). In contrast, my great grandfather smoked cigarettes AND cigars, drank too much, womanized, dumped salt on EVERYTHING and ate the fat off of steaks. He lived into his 90s, old enough so that he actually forgot that he smoked.

My point is thus...the older man who passed me on campus wasn't anywhere near close enough to catch more than a passing whif of my smoke. I wasn't harming him...hell, I didn't even look at him until he spoke. Yet in his infinite wisdom he decided to (I suspect knowingly) throw out his 2 cents just to piss me off. If I had money to spare, I would have dropped to my knees, thanking him for his wisdom then proceeded to crumple up the pack and throw it away before rushing over and tackling him full-force with a hug and thanking him for saving my life. Man...that would've fucked with his day. I'm not saying you have to like that fact that people smoke. Just don't act like you know any better than we do. Some day, if I get my wish, someone will tell me that smoking will kill me just seconds before crossing the street and getting hit by a bus. Holy shit...that would rule so hard.

Oh...and one other thing...the analogy to fat people has nothing to do with health risks. Well...sort of, but not really. My point is that although what they're doing to themselves is just as bad (in some cases worse) as what I'm doing, it's socially acceptable to hassle smokers. If you walked up to some land whale at McDonalds and told them while they were scarfing down some cheeseburger "hey...that's gonna kill ya" people would look at you like some kind of monster. Double standards are bullshit.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 02-02-2006, 03:57 PM   #11
Wren57

Your attitude might change if you end up like one of these poor folks...

Unless you are just depressed and have a death wish to begin with... which based on your cynicism, I wouldn't count that out, either.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:14 PM   #12
AzCivic

"Smoking might increase those risks...then again it might not."

there is no way you can honestly say that inhaling smoke on a regular basis doesn't increase your risk for disease. If inhaling a huge amount of smoke kills you (how most people die when their building is on fire) then a little certainly can't be good.

perhaps your great grandfather would've lived til 115 or longer with a healthier lifestyle.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:26 PM   #13
Mischief

i smoke like a pack a day.. and whenever someone says "those kill you" I tell them that's the whole point

http://mensalmanac.com
Old 02-02-2006, 05:22 PM   #14
Si-R CRX

I used to smoke and I quit a year and a month ago. But if that's what you want to do then fuck it. And I fully agree I think if a fat person is sitting there cramming food down their throats then you should tell them that is disgusting and they should lose weight. But no that is insensitive to others or "overweight people". Some people I can understand because of medical conditions but being lazy and wearing out struts and seats is not a condition.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:26 PM   #15
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic

there is no way you can honestly say that inhaling smoke on a regular basis doesn't increase your risk for disease. If inhaling a huge amount of smoke kills you (how most people die when their building is on fire) then a little certainly can't be good.

perhaps your great grandfather would've lived til 115 or longer with a healthier lifestyle.

Sure I can. In fact...I just did. Sure, I see a causal link between smoking and things like lung cancer...but there's no way to know if those people would've developed cancer anyway. Same goes for all the other surgeon general's bullshit. I'd rather do what I enjoy and take a crap-shoot than wonder what I'm missing out on. From everything I've seen and read, quitting smoking doesn't really reduce your risks of cancer, especially if you started early in life (which I did), so what's the point? Besides...the years you *might* lose are the ones at the end...the shitty ones. I watched a lot of men on my father's side of the family age into their 80s and it wasn't pretty by any means. Add to that the fact that due my birth defects I probably won't function well once I'm older, and I'm just not sure I want to live to be a senile 90 year old man who needs someone to wipe his ass for him.

As for my great grandfather, I'm sure his lifestyle wouldn't have had any effect on his longevity. He died in his sleep at 92 from natural causes. He never had any health-related problems due to the way he lived. Maybe old people are just tougher than people today. Hell...if you had lived through the great depression, you'd be one tough bastard as well I imagine.

Old 02-02-2006, 06:50 PM   #16
Mischief

they don't make em like they use to that's for sure.. i think my great uncle paul could have lost from his lower torso down and would have just complained about how the pants were new and now they're ruined

Old 02-02-2006, 06:51 PM   #17
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:

Yes somking does increase risks. BUT for you to compare smoking what a pack a day to death by smoke inhaltion is like comparing...oh i dont oranges to vibrators. Yea its that rediculous.

And wren for you to find 3 people who have been affected to an extreme degree like that is quite redudnant. Everyone knows smoking is "bad" but to see everyone ends up like that is proposterous. For example.
Gillian Anderson Girl on Xfiles
Rod Serling Twilight Zone
Aaron Carter Singer

There all popular and succesful people that smoke not ending like that. And no, Steve is insane (ok a little) but he has come to terms with the fact that he wont live forever and is spending his time how he likes. And for that Steve is my hero LOL
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
Old 02-02-2006, 08:12 PM   #18
AzCivic

huh? yeah comparing inhaling alot of smoke at once and a little over you whole entire life, yeah thats crazy!!! what happens when you smoke like 5 packs one right after another? you feel like shit. Maybe that's your body telling you something, like "hello I need some freakin oxygen!"

why do smokers act like smoking is something to enjoy? face it, you smoke because you started because you thought it was cool and now you can't/are too lazy to stop. cool. unless you still think its cool, then I'll ask if your 16.

but whatever, smoke all you want and pretend like its even good for you. I don't really care.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:31 PM   #19
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

People who smoke 5 packs a day are very rare...and they're usually compulsive. I've known a few of those people and most light a smoke, take a drag or two, put it out, and light another. I've never met a single person who smoked 5 whole packs a day. You'd have time for little else.

I honestly enjoy smoking. Most of the best conversations I've ever had have been over many, many cigarettes. Any smoker will tell you that when you start really getting into a conversation with anyone, the first thing you do is start smoking more. For as many people who delude themselves into thinking smoking makes you look "cool", there are just as many people who delude themselves into thinking that looking cool is the only reason anyone starts. When I started smoking I really didn't know what "cool" was. I had my first cigarette when I was 11 or 12 (however old I was in 6th grade...I didn't smoke regularly until I was 14 or 15). It was just something different. At that age I probably would've tried almost anything (and I did frequently) because that's what you do when you're that age. Didn't have anything to do with being cool.

Why worry about something that will kill you in 50 or 60 years when there are so many things that can kill you today?

Old 02-02-2006, 10:02 PM   #20
AkimboStylee

Well i use to be a severe chain smoker, untill i met my fiance, and now that we have a child on the way, i will be quitting, i mean i went from 2 packs or so a dy, to like maybe a third of a pack a day, and that has taken me six months. one of the good things to come from quiting smoking is the 25 dollars a week that i will be saving on cigarettes. but then again i guess raising a child is going to take more than that from my pockets. as for being fat: fuck you! (j/k) I am loosing more and more weight now that I have someone to encourage me, and i guess thats 2 people that are encouraging me.

a good quote: " I do have vices in my life, but those are what keep me from perfection, and not being perfect makes me a human being with morals" Anonymous
Old 02-02-2006, 11:05 PM   #21
AzCivic

I just try to be healthy in all of the decisions I make, whether its wearing my seatbelt, paying attention to traffic, or what I inhale. Living a long healthy life is my goal, but I know full well it can be cut short tomorrow. Can't dwell on it, and I can't live my life thinking it doesn't matter what I do since I might die soon.

speaking of health, anyone ever get a colonic? lol.
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1504851
Old 02-03-2006, 08:47 AM   #22
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

smoking relaxes me. i dont think it makes me cool, shit i dont try to smoke in public places, except bars. it will take the edge off after a long night drinking, or sitting through a entire day of class. or after a nice dump, i dont push it on anyone, in the same way i dont want anyone to push me to stop. i know its addictive but i frequently will stop for 2 weeks jsut for the hell of it. maybe its me not being able to break the addiction why i start, maybe i have the will power to stop then i decide i want to smoke, not need to. i also stay ontop of my health and am more active than 99% of the people i know by running 3-5 miles a few times a week, and team sports i play. the only thinkg i dont like about smoking is the way i feel the day after with my endurance shot to hell, but then thats why i run as much as i do

Old 02-03-2006, 10:01 AM   #23
Robert
R-Tard

GT your arugements are weak...
Old 02-03-2006, 03:11 PM   #24
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I beg to differ.

Old 02-03-2006, 06:03 PM   #25
AzCivic

colonics make you feel good.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:49 PM   #26
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Dude...tell me you didn't go and get one. I mean I guess if I HAD to have something near my ass like a colonoscopy, that's one thing. I'm not going to jam something up my ass for recreational purposes.

Old 02-03-2006, 07:45 PM   #27
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
huh? yeah comparing inhaling alot of smoke at once and a little over you whole entire life, yeah thats crazy!!! what happens when you smoke like 5 packs one right after another? you feel like shit. Maybe that's your body telling you something, like "hello I need some freakin oxygen!"

Yes it is actually quite insane.To take in enogh smoke to kill you would require you to first (most likely) pass out from the lack of oxygen. Then however you still breath even though uncouncious. With smoking if you were to pass out the cigarette would no longer be smoked becasue well you arent coherent. Also, I honestly think smoking 5 packs a day is impossible (if not close). Probably after the 3rd straight pack you begin to vomit non-stop.
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:09 AM   #28
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
Dude...tell me you didn't go and get one. I mean I guess if I HAD to have something near my ass like a colonoscopy, that's one thing. I'm not going to jam something up my ass for recreational purposes.

oh I did. check out that link if you wanna see what I had to say about it.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:12 AM   #29
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by VR4_Craver
Yes it is actually quite insane.To take in enogh smoke to kill you would require you to first (most likely) pass out from the lack of oxygen. Then however you still breath even though uncouncious. With smoking if you were to pass out the cigarette would no longer be smoked becasue well you arent coherent. Also, I honestly think smoking 5 packs a day is impossible (if not close). Probably after the 3rd straight pack you begin to vomit non-stop.

pretending that smoking isn't bad for you is whats quite insane.

"Probably after the 3rd straight pack you begin to vomit non-stop. "

thats my POINT, you don't do it cause it makes you feel like shit. which is your body telling you that what your doing isn't good.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:09 AM   #30
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Well...all things in moderation. The sickness I imagine comes from the nicotine. While it's fairly harmless in low doses, in large quantites it's a powerful poison. Tons of insecticides re made with nicotine. But hey...you know what else is extremely widely used in small doses and fatal in large ones? Flouride. It's in your drinking water but it's also the main ingredient in many rat poisons. As an added bonus, prolonged heavy exposure to it will give you severe bone curvature problems. And take that anti-microbial dish soap that's all the rage these days. The chemical found in many brands, when combined with chlorinated water and sunlight, creates chloroform, which is a carcinigen. It's also great for knocking people out in movies.

Did I just compare nicotine to drinking water and dish soap? You bet your ass I did.

Old 02-04-2006, 09:13 AM   #31
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

steve you cant be serious, i mean i understand some people just arnt receptive to lung cancer, but smoking is bad for you, you cant tell me you can run as far or do as much stuff because you smoke. i love smoking, im not ripping on that, shit i went through an entire pack last night and loved every one of em, but be truthful with what they do to you so when it happens your not supprised

Old 02-04-2006, 10:38 AM   #32
AzCivic

i've never heard of someone vomitting from drinking water, unless they drank more than their stomach can/wants to hold. there's alot of things our bodies need that when in taken in huge amounts is bad. but last time i checked nicotine wasn't on the list. also nicotine isn't in cigars, but I'd think you'd get just as sick smoking a few big fat cigars one right after another.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:52 AM   #33
Mischief

Quote:
i've never heard of someone vomitting from drinking water, unless they drank more than their stomach can/wants to hold. there's alot of things our bodies need that when in taken in huge amounts is bad. but last time i checked nicotine wasn't on the list. also nicotine isn't in cigars, but I'd think you'd get just as sick smoking a few big fat cigars one right after another.
you don't inhale cigars...

Old 02-04-2006, 11:25 AM   #34
AzCivic

I've heard of alot of people who do, just like I've seen people do chewing tobacco and swallow that sick ass juice shit. There's also those little miniature looking cigar/cigarette things called Bidi's or something.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:18 PM   #35
AkimboStylee

I will never quit smoking cigars, and i goto a cigar bar up in orlando, its called coronas, and they have the best cigars ever.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:12 PM   #36
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

You can die from water intoxication, but it is not because of the Chemicals in the water.

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/cs/h...a/aa051200.htm
Old 02-04-2006, 02:49 PM   #37
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
I've heard of alot of people who do, just like I've seen people do chewing tobacco and swallow that sick ass juice shit. There's also those little miniature looking cigar/cigarette things called Bidi's or something.

In chewing tobacco ther eis pieces of glass or fiberglass to put little slits into your gums so that it will get absorbed.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:29 PM   #38
Si-R CRX

No matter what you think smoking is bad for you but if thats what you want to spend money on then feel free. Like is said I use to smoke back when I was 17 and working at a mechanic shop i smoked 3+ packs a day no lie. And not that lite it and throw it out shit the whole thing. And now that I dont smoke I can actually run a mile or so without feeling like I am going to die. I can also smell 100 x's better. I look back now and think why the hell did I ever start?
Old 02-04-2006, 09:58 PM   #39
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
You can die from water intoxication, but it is not because of the Chemicals in the water.

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/cs/h...a/aa051200.htm

yeah its from having too much stinkin water. does that mean smoking is good for you? I don't need to read an article about it, when I was in basic training someone from another flight supposedly died from it. I wonder how many people die a day from smoking related health problems and how many die a YEAR hell a decade from drinking too much water???
Old 02-04-2006, 09:59 PM   #40
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by VR4_Craver
In chewing tobacco ther eis pieces of glass or fiberglass to put little slits into your gums so that it will get absorbed.

you are correct, and if you're a newb and you swallow that juice shit you feel like puking/dieing, its horrible.
Closed Thread