::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2001, 11:49 AM   #1
foxygrandma

bumper swap

how hard would it be to swap a bumper from a 91 integra to my 91 civic? it looks like it would work for the most part.
Old 10-29-2001, 01:18 PM   #2
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

I've seen the swap done on 92/93 HB with a newer teg bumper. It will require more than just bolting it on though. I'll see if I can dig up the pic.
Old 10-29-2001, 02:42 PM   #3
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict
I've seen the swap done on 92/93 HB with a newer teg bumper. It will require more than just bolting it on though. I'll see if I can dig up the pic.

Ive seen this too.. It looks pretty cool.. There was a 5th Gen Hatch in Super Street or SCC that drag raced that had it done.
Old 10-29-2001, 10:06 PM   #4
foxygrandma

im sure there is more work than bolting but has anyone done it? i am wondering if i will have to cut the middle out to make it smaller or anything?
Old 11-10-2001, 01:43 AM   #5
slowEJ6

yes putting a newer teg front bumper on a EG has been seen, but hes talking about a 91 teg front bumper on a 91 civic.....ive never seen that, i have however seen crx's with 94+ teg front ends, so you could probably do that swap as well, jdm itr front end swap would look dope
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 06:27 PM   #6
foxygrandma

thanks for the replies, i will look at the 94 bunper and check it out.
Old 11-19-2001, 06:40 PM   #7
Whtehnda93DXSdn
It has 4 Doors...

it will indeed cost you alittle to get that done....if you do want it I would suggest checking around w/ diff shops and get the best price possible but also keep quality in mind as well..Some times the cheapest isn;t always goin to produce the best end result. Do alittle research and as for references of others that have had work done by them to see how it's held up...

hope this might help alittle...
Old 11-19-2001, 08:13 PM   #8
foxygrandma

im gonna be the shop doing the work. ive been around a body shop my whole life. i just want to try to keep it simple. i know i might get on some peoples bad side but im looking at the 93 mustang bumper. i guy i know has one and the bumper looked like it wouldnt be that hard to put on. its a little wide so i would have to shorten it some but other than that it looks pretty easy.
Old 11-20-2001, 07:05 AM   #9
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by foxygrandma
im gonna be the shop doing the work. ive been around a body shop my whole life. i just want to try to keep it simple. i know i might get on some peoples bad side but im looking at the 93 mustang bumper. i guy i know has one and the bumper looked like it wouldnt be that hard to put on. its a little wide so i would have to shorten it some but other than that it looks pretty easy.

That would be an interesting swap. I don't think I've ever seen that done.
Old 11-20-2001, 09:15 PM   #10
foxygrandma

i will post up pics if i do it.