.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2003, 09:56 PM   #41
DsBlu01CivEX

yah people tend to forget that movies (that aren't documentries or based on real life) are for sheer entertainment value. People like seeing bridge jumps and mustangs getting run over by tractor trailers....we like escaping the "real world" and jumping into a different one. Y'all just tend to take these car types of movies way too seriously cuz for some of you it is "real life" (modding cars etc.) But just cuz you think it's crap doesn't mean that everyone else will see it the same way you do....i know i know....it's your opinion and i respect it...this is mine though

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 10:58 PM   #42

^^^ true...

WE can make our own movies if we wanted a 'real life' film...just drive around.
Old 06-09-2003, 11:05 PM   #43
Grip72

ah.. Ok ok, i agree that movies are mostly based on fiction but don't forget that movies are supposed to be GOOD!! And this movie blew!!
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 11:06 PM   #44

but that's YOUR opinion...why do you think people mod their cars like the cars in that movie?

because they liked it...
Old 06-09-2003, 11:27 PM   #45
JamieS697

it was decent i think that the skyline should have played a longer part because skylines rule but oh well. I also thought the bridge jump was a little too much! O yea also the evo doing 60ish in reverse was far fetched but entertaining i guess. Overall it wasnt the movie that pissed me off its the dumb fugers that try to race as i leave and drive like they are gone in 60 seconds.
Old 06-10-2003, 12:05 AM   #46

hmm...maybe the evo was in neutral?

aha...
Old 06-10-2003, 03:30 AM   #47
GetTheImage

I just saw the movie, we went with another carful of people to the drive-in. We went to the theater on the premiere night, but it was chaotic and sold out, but there were some nice cars there...(and a LOT of people who thought their cars were nice :o )

I went with the attitude of "this is going to suck a$$, so it'll be all right if I hate it..plus it's $2.50 less per person than the regular theater."

Well, it was....um.....different than the first one. I got a lil humor at a couple points, but the plot wasn't all that great. I did enjoy seeing the cars, and I also got to see The Matrix: Reloaded again, so it was all right.

I BURST out laughing when Tyrese ripped his shirt off to bust out the window of the Ferrari...several people around me did also...anyone else find that as amusing as I did?? teehee

Yeah, it was all right I guess. Nothing to write home about.
Old 06-10-2003, 05:46 PM   #48
pimpinprelude

"I BURST out laughing when Tyrese ripped his shirt off to bust out the window of the Ferrari...several people around me did also...anyone else find that as amusing as I did?? teehee" hah yea i thought it was funny....
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 06:56 PM   #49
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

heh i went to the store today and there is a theater playing 2f2f. needless to say i couldn't find a spot for parking and the revs ohhh man

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 07:21 PM   #50
pimpinprelude

wooow u gotta watch those revs.....
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 12:41 AM   #51
Shot 2 Hel

i thought it was funny when that mexican guy saw the bridge and yelled out "AWWWWW HELL NO" then turned around. that made me smile
Old 06-11-2003, 12:46 AM   #52
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by pimpinprelude
""oh, and is it just me, or did they seem to shift and shift and shift and shift and shift.... i guess their cars had like... 16 speed""

maybe the cars were jumping out of gear

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 07:33 AM   #53
venom122
1st Gear

Where to start... I also went in expecting a shitty movie from the start. After the bad acting and writing of the first one, a change in director, and losing their main actor I had set all hopes aside. Between flying cars and high speed reverse I lost all hope for seriousness in the moive.

As much as was wrong with the film I still enjoyed it. Atleast they are making movies about ... well sort of about a street racing community. I liked gone in 60 seconds better than both movies combined. I ended up seeing 2f2f on a sunday morning and the theatre was packed even then. Our local theatre had a huge opening on Friday and I took a cruise through just to check out some of the rides. My friends local car club had reserved front row spots i guess it was suppost to be eye candy for movie goers. Some of the cars there were nice but most were stock rust buckets with satellite dishes mounted on the trunk. I think what stood out the most and made me say "What the..." was a crotch rocket covered in tiger fur. Saturday A&A auto stores held a car show but it poored so I bailed on that. Just for the Honda Crew to know my friends Prelude won, Honda ruled for that day.

By critical standards the movie sucked more than the intake on a turbo. But it was the kind of movie I like.... fun
venom122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 05:56 PM   #54
ford50forlife
4th Gear

it wasnt as bad as the first as far as pure ERROR goes but one thing i kept laughing about was the boost raising every ****ing time they hit the nitrous... WTF!! that is soo ****ing stupid im in physical pain... other than that it was that bad of a movie, aside from the fact that every 18 second car seems to spew flames from the tailpipe for no apparent reason

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
ford50forlife is offline   Reply With Quote