::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2003, 11:43 PM   #1
civ92hatch

need help on paintin my dash

ive took out my whole dash soo many times and painted it soo many times but it juz doesnt look ryte i dont kno wut im doin wrong im tryin to get it glossy fiberglassed look or real smooth im usen this dash,seat, interior paint from autozone lol and i dont kno if that could b it but i dont kno i need help...maybe should i sand tha whole dash if so wut grid paper

i hope sumone out there will help me

lata justin
Old 07-11-2003, 12:14 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

oh man, not the autozone paint. i know advance has a nice vinyl paint that won't chip or rip. i did my center console with it and after 3 mos i have no scratches and it's a bit glossier than my dash is when i silicone it really good.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 12:27 AM   #3
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

try that new fusion paint...krylon? i dont remember...

anyway its pimp and it will work...dont know why you want that flat smooth look though...
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 12:32 AM   #4
JamieS697

i used the krylon works damn good

Hooked on ebonics worked for me
Old 07-11-2003, 12:35 AM   #5
civ92hatch

haha good one

aight ya i think im gonna use that... can u sho or tell me wut the can looks lyke cuz they sale krylon @ wal-mart and i dont kno wut kind tho plz help

jusitn
Old 07-11-2003, 12:39 AM   #6
civ92hatch

STEP-by-STEP

I NEED FROM THE FIRST THING

#1....
#2....
...so an on soforth

thx justin
Old 07-11-2003, 12:52 AM   #7
JamieS697

there is actually a do it youself in some section of these forums if you find that it will tell you step by step. As for the paint i just went to autozone and looked on all the cans till i found the ones that said krylon and after i sprayed the color made sure i sprayed it a couple times with clear coat
Old 07-11-2003, 03:17 AM   #8
sc0rch

#1 remove the parts

#2 Clean them with DAWN dish soap because it cuts the aromorall or whatever off...also warm water

#3 if painting vinyl no need for primer unless its vinyl primer..or else the vinyl paint wont be sticking to anything other than the primer.

#4 for a clean fiberglasslook your gonna need rubbing compound and 1000grit wet dry paper.........

#5 start painting......apply several lite coats.....i meen alot of coats...cause if you plan on sanding your gonna eat right through it........krylon fusion is plastic paint and needs no clearcoat.....also if you want to sand i reccomend lots of clear.....same brand as the paint you buy (use krylon or plastikote for plastic)

#6 after the parts have dried for about 24hours then you can sand.......get the sand paper wet and keep a bucket full of water close to you....sand the parts but dont over do it and eat through the clear......after you've sanded the parts go wash them off again in cold water...just makesure to get the dust from sanding off..........

#7 get the buffing compound out and buff the parts in a circular patern till there nice and shiny...remember to rub lightly or else you'll go through the clear....

Extra tips.........if you prime.......use a primer filler or surfacer.......since your parts prolly have texture it will help fill in the grooves and make a more smooth surface.....

makesure the rag you use for buffing is soft and clean....same as for taking off the compound.....

main thing thought is DO NOT get in a hurry.......it takes time.....and will look way better with patience........

i'm actually thinking of taking all my stuff out and redoing it
Old 07-11-2003, 03:18 AM   #9
sc0rch

oh anymore questions hit me up

scorch@cynoptics.com
AIM=o0sc0rch0o

i work 2nd shift so drop an email if i'm not online