::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2003, 02:11 PM   #1
nekcuttR

Need help changing my clutch...

If anyone has any experience with changing clutches i need the help big time... i have a 2001 Civic LX and i cant find a book like the Haynes manuals for my car... if anyone can help me here i need it majorly thanx
Or if anyone knows how much it costs to have shop do it ? but id rather do it myself to save money
Old 07-10-2003, 09:14 PM   #2
nonovurbizniz

I wouldn't feel comfortable giving someone writen directions over the internet...

just get a helms manual... they're online... helminc.com or something like that...

DO NOT do it w/o a manual if it's your first go at it... hell depending on your experience... don't do it at all..

oh and it shouldn't cost more than 2-400.
Old 07-10-2003, 09:25 PM   #3
AzCivic

ditto.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 02:34 AM   #4
nekcuttR

Well i have experience in changing a clutch with a chevy S10 and my father was a mechanic for 10 yrs so he is gonna help out a lil so im not in the dark on this i know that ill have to take the tire off get the axles and driveshafts outta the way take my CAI off unbolt the tranny from the block and w/e from there my dad will help me with so im not clueless on this ive worked on other cars many times
Old 07-11-2003, 02:37 AM   #5
AzCivic

do you know what each bolt needs to be torqued to? if not i suggest a Helms manual.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 09:25 AM   #6
nekcuttR

shi i dint think about torque
Old 07-11-2003, 10:42 AM   #7
Mushroom

Helms Helms Helms.
Old 07-11-2003, 09:03 PM   #8
nonovurbizniz

screw torque specs... they're over rated...

I know that's not popular advice but it's the truth... If you have a good "feel" for these things it's VERY hard to over-torque a bolt...

If you've done one in a s-10 and your dad's a mechanic you won't have any problems... it's a pretty straight forward job... at least on my model...

get the HELMS anyway though... seriously don't bother with the more readilly available books... they suck... get the helms online...
Old 07-12-2003, 12:18 AM   #9
nekcuttR

im already half way done would be done but its friday nite so i went out with friends... ive gotten the tranny loose from engine and pulled off the old clutch but the disc wasnt that worn down so why would my pedal be all the way out... daddy said oops my father said that it could be the pressure plate as well caused some of the problem bcuz the teeth were outta place a lil and there were indentions on them but one thing im wondering is the old pressplate has two weights on it but the new one doesnt does anyone know about this?