Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2003, 08:26 PM   #1
RavingCivic

BUDDY CLUB Exhaust

I am trying to find out about Buddy Club a new way, Start a new thread

if anyone has Heard or knows someone with a Buddy Cub Ehaust on a civic Please let me know what it sounds like, i really want to find out because i keep hearing it is as good as MuGen or SPoon, so if anyone knows where i can dl sound clips from please tell me.

the real BUDDy CLUB site is in Japanese so i sorta cant read it, the price is good on the exhaust, its all stain less steel, i just really want to hear it before i buy it.

and nO i am not going to put in the silencer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg racerwheel_1738_3377110.jpg (15.7 KB, 88 views)
Old 05-05-2003, 09:26 PM   #2
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

wow, BC makes an exhaust system? hell yeaaaaaaa.... thats tight. BC makes great products.. I don't know about the sound, but it should sound alright.

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 09:42 PM   #3
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

theyre quite loud...so im told
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 09:46 PM   #4
silver

they are really loud. check out super high technology, they import buddy club into the us.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 10:01 PM   #5
RavingCivic

so i have found, they are LOUDer than THERMAl, CRAP, what about RS*R anyone know about them, i know they are "the quietest exhuast on the market" but what does that mean, are they stock sounding, i read in SI forum that they are TOUGH sounding, anyone heard one Before,i def want JDM exhuast CAUSE nO one Else Gotsum round here.
Old 05-05-2003, 10:10 PM   #6
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

RS*R is pretty sweet..

I went to their drift festival .. they sported RHD supra RHD lancer, and RHD 350Z.. drift spec. very sweet... if they've got that much money to blow on an event i'm going to guess that their products must be very good...

I am going on assumptions, but you'd really need to hear it in real life, even those sound clips are hard to judge.

Old 05-05-2003, 11:16 PM   #7
silver

Quote:
Originally posted by RavingCivic
so i have found, they are LOUDer than THERMAl, CRAP, what about RS*R anyone know about them, i know they are "the quietest exhuast on the market" but what does that mean, are they stock sounding, i read in SI forum that they are TOUGH sounding, anyone heard one Before,i def want JDM exhuast CAUSE nO one Else Gotsum round here.

man, you're goin super jdm aren't you?
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

Old 05-06-2003, 12:02 AM   #8
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

$$$$ CHINGGGGG CHINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN Gggggggggggggggggggg

Old 05-06-2003, 12:45 AM   #9
RavingCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by TeriyakiBroccoli
$$$$ CHINGGGGG CHINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN Gggggggggggggggggggg

HHAHAHAHHAHAHA sorry to dissapoint but i have found great price, not to mention, DID i forget to say that i seLL Parts for my friends business. so sorry to dissapoint but i can get that RS*R cheaper than most people can get an EVO

Muahahahaha i love being in the retail business

RS*R exhaust is Black except the tip, Great for Sleepers and it matches the Buddy Club rims
Old 05-06-2003, 12:52 AM   #10
RavingCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by silver
man, you're goin super jdm aren't you?

Super JDM? Nah just a few things like RS*R Exhaust and Buddy Club Rims, i decided i dont like those Enkei RSF2 rims very much. i really like the Buddy CLub rims shown here they are pretty tite and not to spensive a lil over 200 a rim, But they are nice looking and FOrGed so i done have to worry bout denting them as much as most other rims, plus they have the right offset to gO uNder my fenders so i dont have to roll them when i drop
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bc gm.jpg (7.6 KB, 63 views)
Old 05-06-2003, 12:35 PM   #11
cashizslick

Quote:

Screw that - just get a thermal - they rule. And no, they are not loud - i have their classic system, which is the lowdest that they make and it is rated at 90 decibles - so it complies w/californias regs.
Old 05-06-2003, 12:37 PM   #12
silver

if i were building a jdm civic my wheels would be the.....work wheels, i just love that name, it's so weird and they look tight. who names their company "work". i guess it does make sense, hey where you going? to work.

Old 05-06-2003, 03:08 PM   #13
RavingCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by cashizslick
Screw that - just get a thermal - they rule. And no, they are not loud - i have their classic system, which is the lowdest that they make and it is rated at 90 decibles - so it complies w/californias regs.

VA has some pretty weird laws with exhausts, dont wanna get any tickets, i will check with Thermal R&D to find out specefics and i will post them, i am waiting on RS*R for Dyno and db charts
Old 05-06-2003, 04:03 PM   #14
RavingCivic

so i called Thermal, 97 civic EX is 91db at 18 inches from the single 4" Tip at a 30 degree angle, with 7-9% gains (no hard facts because as u add more mods the exhasust HP keeps rising)

HMmmmm all Stainless starting to sound Good,

Hks Hiper is very close to 95db at (5-10 hp) and the SPort passed with flying colors around 90db (at 5-7 hp) NOTE: THermal had nicest Customer service rep PLUS Cheryl sounded HOTT James at HKS was an ass and wouldnt look up anything, he gave me round about numbers from his head.

I call RS*R and Ben was very helpfull! (cheryl still wins though cause she is a CALI gurl) RS*R ex-mag series has alot more back pressure because they have a baffled muffler, there fore increasing torque at lower rpms, they have best response from 2500-5000 rpm (which will help me to stop RED LINING EVERY GEAR) they have ruffly 5-7 hp gain throughout

SO now, do i want a baffled, low end, more torque exhuast or do i want an ALL stainless Steel muffler (=more hp), higher revs (the way i drive), with slightly higher HP gains, but SLightly louder?

SOMEoNE with a THermal PLEase Drive through MASONS campus so i can hear that SH*T.
Old 05-06-2003, 04:39 PM   #15
cashizslick

Quote:
SO now, do i want a baffled, low end, more torque exhuast or do i want an ALL stainless Steel muffler (=more hp), higher revs (the way i drive), with slightly higher HP gains, but SLightly louder?

SOMEoNE with a THermal PLEase Drive through MASONS campus so i can hear that SH*T.

Lets be smart - if the exhaust is all stainless steal, it will never rust and will outlive your car (mine will). Dont be worried for a bit about the sound of the THermal - it is the best sounding import exhaust on the market (i dont care what anybody else on this board says about their exhaust - i know what im talking about).

Buy the thermal and stop worrying!
Old 05-06-2003, 08:15 PM   #16
RavingCivic

haha DOnt u mean Obsessing? my friend got p*ssed at me cause i kept asking him for sound klips! but yeah thermal sounds gOoD, so i guess i will tell my gurl so she can pay!

when i was talking to the chick at Thermal she said that replacing the CAT with a high flow cat is bad! that it causes the engine to run rich? anyone know if it IS truE? JEreMy??? she also said it is ILLEGAL to reaplace the CAT on any post 96 car with anything BUT the OEM caT, has anyone had any problems with this?
Old 05-06-2003, 08:18 PM   #17
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yeah because the 96+ is an obd2 ECU and they have 2 o2 sensors, and one of them is in the cat.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 08:46 PM   #18
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

yeah I replaced my cat w/ a non-oem one...and tis a piece o crap (a $150 piece o crap)...already rattles like a mo fo

you dont need a high flo cat...youre not that fast...most of us arent (but if you really want one get a carsound)
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 01:26 AM   #19
RavingCivic

Does anyone have a HKS SPORT or HKS HypER? i am curious as to how good they sound? i am still set on RS*R or THERMAL CLASSIC not sure if i want the ALl stainless or the sleek black SLEEPER look of the RS*R
Old 05-11-2003, 05:26 PM   #20
slowEJ6

RS*R is quieter than your intake.....nuff said.

HKS is not quiet. Buddy Club is not quiet. APEXi is not quiet.
i dont like the look of most thermals but they sound ok....nothing fantastic.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 12:17 PM   #21
seanjuan

I had the thermal stealth on my 92 lx for about 3 months. it did sound great but it was just too loud for me when cruising the freeway... which I do alot because I live about 30miles from my girlfriend. when I was driving alone I didn't mind but when others were in the car it became a chore to talk to them. even with the stereo off we still had to talk over the volume of the exhaust. plus the whole issue of the midsection pipe not being the correct length causing it to rattle on the frame of the car.

I'm thinking the RS-R exmag is looking pretty good. The baffled muffler leads me to believe it will actually be closer to stock in volume.

*Raving* let me know if you find out about the decibel level for the exmag, and what price you can get on one?
Old 07-10-2003, 09:31 PM   #22
sohc_vtec 2NR

i still say get the greddy evo...even if you go 105 in your car the sound won't take over the cabin... and anything that is n1 "spec" or "style" is loud as hell...
Old 07-13-2003, 11:35 PM   #23
thermal
Banning Machine

hands down.... thermal, hence, my username..

I want the 3" thermal cat-back now tho.....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote