::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2005, 10:07 PM   #1
nonovurbizniz

Clutch/Flywheel Install

Well I did it today... actually my buddy basically did it... he was in a rush to get out of there and I work at a slow pace... so he basically just did it for me...

My input shaft bearing is BAD... the whole shaft wriggles around like it's a cv joint...

Also I'm pretty sure the clutch wasn't that bad... one of the springs was messed up but the gripping surface looked decent... the new one def. didn't have much more material on it...

Also now I'm also convinced I have a hydrolic problem too... I'm gunna redo the one ruber line and probobly rebuilt the clutch master and slave.

I didn't really get on it too hard since I'm breaking in a new clutch but it seemed pretty nice... nothing rediculous though... def. not night and day.

I think I"m just going to replace the trans... I saw one with low miles for 175 so I may just get that and rebuild mine as a spare eventually.

Also put on the JDM headlights and corners... the corners are great and the headlights are somehow brighter than the singapore lights I had before... and not like it matters too much but the plastic lenses make them MUCH lighter than the same housing with the glass lense.

I gott a fix up some wiring though... I'm starting to think I'm stupid for keeping this car... it's fun to drive but it's such a shitbox... It needs SOOOO many little things... it's going to nickle and dime me to death.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:04 AM   #2
sicones

get one of those ss braded clutch lines on ebay there actualy the same price as the rubber hose if not cheaper, thats what im gettin, fuck it, it looks cool anyway. since im goin from auto to man i need all those parts
sicones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 08:35 AM   #3
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Trannies sure are fun.... Your bearing sounds as bad as mine was.
(The bearing itself was really easy to change, if you wanted to know)

Are you leaking any fluid around the slave? Is the line spongy when the clutch is pressed?

Exedy wants people to wait like 750mi before getting on the car after a clutch change.......I did like 300 and had enough. 1000mi later no problems; just clutch rod adjustment needed, as expected.

You know, there comes a time when you just have to give up. If the cars too much work for what it is, I might have to agree with you and say to get rid of it. You just got the sub, afterall.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 10:07 AM   #4
nonovurbizniz

yeah... I'm thinking of just picking up a new trans... I know the bearing is easy to replace but I fear opening it up and having to wait on MORE parts and whatnot.. .

I'd almost rather just get a spare and run that and rebuild mine at my own pace/budget.

I kinda got on it already... not to bad and I was easy on the clutch...

Makes me nuts though I really want to hammer on it and see what kind of dif. it made... although it really doesn't seem to be much of one at all... just a little harder to get off the line.

I'm probobly going to rebuild my clutch master get teh SS line and hopefully whatever trans I'll get will come with the slave, or I'll get a new one.. .then it'll all be basically new.

I hate to spend money on it but I just love the car and I HATE driving the subaru... plus I have to get it to the dealer for a lengthy period of time to get them to work out it's issues... fucking brand new car sucks more than my 10 year old civic with 203k miles... kinda.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:15 AM   #5
pdiggitydogg

Damn...didnt know you didnt like the subaru. Whats wrong with it?

I bought a SS clutch line from HeelToe - If you want to wait for it to show up I can give a review on it (should be here by monday at the latest). InlineFour sells them too, in different colors (like that matters).
Old 05-16-2005, 10:16 AM   #6
Mischief

what kind of suby is it?

http://mensalmanac.com
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:03 PM   #7
sicones

just wondering, what clutch hose should you get for a civic with a b18, the integra hose or the civic hose???
Old 05-16-2005, 09:33 PM   #8
pdiggitydogg

lines are chassis specific, not engine/tranny
so civic
Old 05-16-2005, 09:59 PM   #9
sicones

Im pretty sure the hard line from rubber hose to slave is tranny specific, whatever ill just bend it around
Old 05-17-2005, 07:00 AM   #10
nonovurbizniz

Quote:
Originally posted by Mischief
what kind of suby is it?

It's an 05 subaru legacy... base model wagon.

The car looks great... I love it's styling, the interior is REALLY well finished very comfortable but sporty too.

but there are ALL sorts of quality control issues with it... lots of little things wrong and a couple big things...

And the dealership is full of morons.... I don't really HATE the car... but it pisses me off a LOT. There are WAY WAY too many fit/finish issues on it and a lot of other things that get on my nerves....

I bought it to have a nice reliable brand new car that ran smooth and didn't give me any trouble...

I should've gotten a honda. It idles poorly the O2 sensors were bad from the factory, a bunch of the trim and or other interior parts have either broken or don't work properly. And the whole underside already has more rust on it than my civic does.

So overall not too happy with the purchase. I kinda saw it coming though as I knew every little thing would piss me off about the car if I didn't get the turbo.

I'm not sure if they're crappy cars of if I got a lemon... If mines normal like the dealer says then they're definately crappy cars.

I've never owned a subaru before. So I don't know if they have lower standards or what... but it's basically the crappiest new car I've ever driven. and the dealership straight lies to me...

I asked if they checked the plugs when they changed the o2's since it was running rich as hell, first the dude is like... they're platnum they're fine... then he told the mechanic to tell me they checked them... which I don't believe because it's a HUGE pain to pull the plugs in these cars since the sparkplug holes line up just about perfect with the frame rail... So I'm pretty sure it envolves lowering the engine quite a bit to get access... which I just don't believe they did.

Anyway I'm gunna get the civic running and registered then I"m gunna drop the car off at the dealer and not pick it up till I"m satisfied.

P.S. I found a used tranny in good shape with 90k on it I may buy. I may just use it while I rebuild my own trans and then sell it again when I get mine rebuilt... that or keep it as a spare, maybe build it over time.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:50 AM   #11
sicones

that sucks ass get your money back and tell them its a lemon, I though subaru was a good car company like honda, toyota etc
Old 05-17-2005, 01:29 PM   #12
Mischief

I thought they were too.. my friend has never had any problems with his subaru.. he preaches it's the most reliable thing, and as far as I know he's never had problems with it in the time he's had it which is close to a year now.. and trust me he beats on his car, it's a STi it's meant for it :P

http://mensalmanac.com
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 02:04 PM   #13
nonovurbizniz

yeah I've heard nothing but good either... and when I post problems on the subaru boards everyone else says they haven't had any probs...

I think I got a bad one somehow...

Like for example today... I pull over to go into the P.O. and leave the power on... look down at the freaking radio and the volume is going up and down without me touching a thing...

Luckily I had my video camera so I taped it doing it... hopefully now they'll at least replace it...

I really do want to return the car though...

Just paid my over due taxes on the civic so I should have it registered by next week or so... then I'll drop this POS off and let them deal with it till it's fixed.

Or replaced... not f'ing likely.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:10 PM   #14
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i never had any major problems with my 2 subarus wither: the brakes were done once at 155k miles and that's aboutit. my dad's subaru had the rotors/pads changed and the front crankshaft bearing replaced, so in all i had a pretty good experience with them. must have gotten a car made on monday lol

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 02:20 PM   #15
pdiggitydogg

Sounds crazy... Definately seems like you have a lemon. Id take it in, make a scene, and demand a replacement or a total fix
Old 05-17-2005, 09:44 PM   #16
AzCivic

tell them that the guy who sold it to you said it was a turbo model and that you had another mechanic look at it and that he didnt see a turbo, then bitch about getting ripped off ahahahahah!!

Last edited by AzCivic : 05-19-2005 at 12:02 PM.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 10:27 PM   #17
nonovurbizniz

with the gas milage it was getting for a while I thought I got a turbo...