.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2002, 01:04 PM   #1
civic3x98

Bum Numbers :(

Im going to embaress myself on this one.

Last night went to a party. Met this girl whom I thought would be someone nice to talk to and get to know. Couldnt date her though, bit to much of an age gap. Anyway..

I waited till 1PM'sh to call, let her sleep in from the late night before. Well I called and it ends up being some auto place. The girl gave me a bum number. I would so much rather her have just said, I sorry I dont want to give my number out. I would have been like ok, np, have a fun night. Oh well, no big deal. LOL!

That ever happen to you guys?
Old 10-20-2002, 01:28 PM   #2
mt.biker

Re: Bum Numbers :(

Quote:
Originally posted by civic3x98
Im going to embaress myself on this one.

Last night went to a party. Met this girl whom I thought would be someone nice to talk to and get to know. Couldnt date her though, bit to much of an age gap. Anyway..

I waited till 1PM'sh to call, let her sleep in from the late night before. Well I called and it ends up being some auto place. The girl gave me a bum number. I would so much rather her have just said, I sorry I dont want to give my number out. I would have been like ok, np, have a fun night. Oh well, no big deal. LOL!

That ever happen to you guys?

nope it truly hasn't happened to me. Though I'm sure it bums you alot, some girls just dont know how to be direct about stuff like that. Thats what bugs me about some people, they should just be straight up with you all the time.
Old 10-20-2002, 01:33 PM   #3
civic3x98

I agree. I prefer directness. Makes things easier most of the time. I mean yeah she doesnt know it right now (and most likely never will), but I am a bit more offended that she gave a bum number than just saying 'nah sorry'. By the way, I am not venting on this one specific event. I am just talking about the topic in general. This girl wouldnt have worked out anyway. Just someone to talk to and stuff. So it really doesnt bother me. Just thought it might make a good convo piece. So how about those Texans :-p lol
Old 10-20-2002, 01:35 PM   #4
mt.biker

Quote:
I agree. I prefer directness. Makes things easier most of the time. I mean yeah she doesnt know it right now (and most likely never will), but I am a bit more offended that she gave a bum number than just saying 'nah sorry'. By the way, I am not venting on this one specific event. I am just talking about the topic in general. This girl wouldnt have worked out anyway. Just someone to talk to and stuff. So it really doesnt bother me. Just thought it might make a good convo piece. So how about those Texans :-p lol

Well for a texan she isn't very forwards like they normally are and thats somewhat disappointing.
Old 10-20-2002, 05:05 PM   #5
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Re: Bum Numbers :(

Quote:

I waited till 1PM'sh to call, let her sleep in from the late night before. Well I called and it ends up being some auto place. The girl gave me a bum number.

I've never done that before! I really need to learn to be more direct. I just can't say no, so I admit I have given a guy the wrong # on purpose in the past. Or I'll give him my right # and then just not answer my phone. I know that's really horrible isn't it? I'm kind of in a situation like that now. A friend of mine, I won't mention any names *cough* Denise *cough*, gave my number (without my permission may I add) to a guy that we hung out with twice. I'm not interested in him, but he wants to go out on a date with me. So now I've got to tell him I'm not interested. Easy right?.......nooooo! Not for me! I hate telling guys that I'm not interested. I'm just not good at it.
Old 10-20-2002, 07:20 PM   #6
mt.biker

Re: Re: Bum Numbers :(

Quote:
Originally posted by Whiteclipse99
I've never done that before! I really need to learn to be more direct. I just can't say no, so I admit I have given a guy the wrong # on purpose in the past. Or I'll give him my right # and then just not answer my phone. I know that's really horrible isn't it? I'm kind of in a situation like that now. A friend of mine, I won't mention any names *cough* Denise *cough*, gave my number (without my permission may I add) to a guy that we hung out with twice. I'm not interested in him, but he wants to go out on a date with me. So now I've got to tell him I'm not interested. Easy right?.......nooooo! Not for me! I hate telling guys that I'm not interested. I'm just not good at it.

So now your going to prove to him what by not being able to pick up the phone? This spells a classic disorder, if I dont answer its not a problem. Pick up the phone and tell the guy your not interested, and you'd appreciate it if he didn't call again. only 10 yearolds dont pick up the phone.
Old 10-20-2002, 08:57 PM   #7
DsBlu01CivEX

I'm sorry Erin...I seriously didn't think you'd mind that much. There i go thinkin again (it always gets me into trouble!!!) And yes I've witnessed her give the wrong number to a guy. I always leave feelin like shit then cuz I thought she should have been more direct with him and told him that she wasn't interested...but then again, I know how she is and I know she doesn't have the "balls" to do that. I still luv her though.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 06:02 PM   #8
civic3x98

Re: Re: Bum Numbers :(

Quote:
Originally posted by Whiteclipse99

I was in that situation b4. Not same exact circumstances though. This girl liked me even b4 we met. I had to tell her that I didnt feel the sparks and I wasnt interested. She started crying. I HATE making girls cry. I dont do it very often at all. I just hate it when they cry. It makes me feel so bad, even if i wasnt the one they were crying about. She ended up calling me back 10 min after we hung up asking what she did wrong. I told her it wasnt her. I just didnt feel it.

But I am guilty of one bad thing. When a girl is interested in me and I am not in her. I tend to back off. Even if they say, ok, np, lets just be friends. For some reason I just back off. Stop talking ect. Bad quality on my part and im not proud of it. I really dont know why I do that.
Old 10-21-2002, 06:04 PM   #9
civic3x98

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
I'm sorry Erin...I seriously didn't think you'd mind that much. There i go thinkin again (it always gets me into trouble!!!) And yes I've witnessed her give the wrong number to a guy. I always leave feelin like shit then cuz I thought she should have been more direct with him and told him that she wasn't interested...but then again, I know how she is and I know she doesn't have the "balls" to do that. I still luv her though.

PSSSSS!!! hey, gimmi her number..... I wont tell where I got it from, promise :-p

LOL sorry, I had to mess with you some :-p *Big Hug* lol
Old 10-21-2002, 06:11 PM   #10
DsBlu01CivEX

hehe it's all good. Damn I'd be happy if someone gave my number to a guy that looked like Matt Damon whether I was into him or not!!! at least I'd be gettin a free dinner from a really nice guy that looks like Matt Damon!

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 06:13 PM   #11
civic3x98

Well Im not Matt D. but would you like to see what I look like :-p LOL. If yes, email me here. I dont think they want to have that on this forum tj99@ghg.net . And yes, they are tasteful pics :-p
Old 10-22-2002, 08:54 PM   #12
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

happen to me? nope...i...dont go to parties...Im so uncool
Happened to a friend of mine once though. turns out she was in a class of mine, he came with me one day and asked her about it. pissed her off and he got to see her turn red and walk off.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 09:20 PM   #13
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

never happened to me, because i don't go to parties or ask for phone numbers. yeah i'm weird.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 10:51 PM   #14
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
never happened to me, because i don't go to parties or ask for phone numbers. yeah i'm weird.

man...in the same boat...and its sinkin
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 10:56 PM   #15
Kyle
elyK

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
Well for a texan she isn't very forwards like they normally are and thats somewhat disappointing.

don't you live in Canada?...lol
how do you kn ow how texans are?

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 07:47 AM   #16
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobbo
don't you live in Canada?...lol
how do you kn ow how texans are?

you'd be suprised what i know....
Old 10-30-2002, 10:48 AM   #17
cutiepy701

LMFAO...sorry

I have done that shi*, like when I was 14!!! But I do have to admit there have been some guys that really pressure you into giving them your number....."oh come on" "your man won't find out" and so on...

So, I am guilty of giving out my right phone number and then not answering....ah well....that was like 7 years ago......
Old 11-03-2002, 01:16 PM   #18
00 Si

Sorry to hear that bro.....OUCH!

Never happened to me but good luck to you on your next girl. Don't let anything like that discourage you.
Old 11-03-2002, 02:26 PM   #19
ShagginJet

NOTHING PISSES ME OFF MORE THEN BUM NUMBERS!!

**This has only happened twice but it pissed me the F*** off!!

Alright ladies, here it is. If you aren't into a guy, have the desentcy and the BALLS to tell him no when he ask for your number. Tell him you're not interested. Tell him you have a B/F. Tell him you're a F**king lesbian for all I care. Please stop giving out bum numbers.

When we get home, all happy that we scored some HOT chicks number, bragging to our friends, and then we find out that it's the number for Bob's Thai Food Hut on the corner of 11th and Main... GRRR!! That just pisses me off....

<--- Going to take cold shower now!!

http://63.249.135.19/hdrive/car/index.htm
ShagginJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 05:40 PM   #20
SofaKingSmooth

I am really sorry to here that just when you see her at a party again tell people that she gives bum numbers out and call her out about it .... i have only recieved one bum number.... i had a good time calling her out when i saw her again, but then again i like to be in peoples faces eventhough i am kind of not that big of a guy..... girls and guys alike.