::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2002, 12:11 AM   #1
Civicfrenzy

transmission question

i have a 96 civic which is an automatic. I heard that i can change it to manual but that if i have some1 do it that it will cost about $1000+. However i have this friend who is a mechanic so do u think he and i could manage? do u recomend this? is it bad for my car? if i have him do it with no service charge how much will it still be? And if anyone has done this to there car is it worth it? I know that is a ton of questions but this has bothered me for as long as i have owned the car and i need some advice. Thnx everyone
Old 04-27-2002, 01:18 AM   #2
BLu3xCiViC

i'm in the same situation you are in with my 92 hatchback....i talked to an experienced shop in town that has done this before and he was willing to it for meeh.........since am doin a engine swap it wasn't gonna be much more for the complete swap itself and manual conversion....if ur mechanic friend has done a motor swap before he might be able to do the conversion but thats not likely.....if you plan on an engine swap it would be best when u convert it that way.....because the motor should come with everything clutch, shift linkage ect.....but u'll need Clutch/Brake/Gas pedal assembly, hydraulic clutch line, a manual haft shaft, Clutch master cylinder, slave cylinder, reservoir and of course the boot and shift knob and tha center console can also be replaced for one from a manual but isn't neccessary...but if u plan on keeping ur motor....get a manual tranny that corresponds with ur motor with the clutch, ect, ur'll need a manual ecu (because the automatic ecu with cut fuel short).....dis isn't telling you everything it should give u an idea on what to expect....some people say it isn't worth the hassle but to meeh it is worth it because i was already gonna replace the motor and tranny in return might as well did the manual conversion....but starting off with a manual civic would be alot more easier....good luck...hope any info can help........there isn't a replacement for good research..so continue....peace
Old 04-27-2002, 01:26 AM   #3
slowEJ6

Quote:
Originally posted by BLu3xCiViC
there isn't a replacement for good research..so continue....peace
more people need to follow that guideline.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 11:27 AM   #4
Civicfrenzy

what do u mean there a replacement for good research?
Old 04-27-2002, 04:44 PM   #5
slowEJ6

Quote:
Originally posted by Civicfrenzy
what do u mean there a replacement for good research?
he said there ISNT A REPLACEMENT. meaning GOOD RESEARCH OWNZ J00!!!!!!
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 06:25 PM   #6
Civicfrenzy

so if i was considering the engine swap and conversion to manual trany what would be a ball park price range i am looking at?
Old 05-04-2002, 10:47 PM   #7
BLu3xCiViC

i say around $2000 if u want the job done rite....