::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2002, 06:37 PM   #1
Azkikr111

Does Dynamat really work??

ive never used ot, or even heard a car with it in it, my my MTX T6000's are starting to make my trunk fall apart and sound like i have rocks in my lid...my friend suggested dynamat, but i dunno (he's not all that smart, ran a 4wd explorer into a mud puddle and killed it (theres a ford for ya))

but before i even buy the crap, i would just like some feedback as to its actual ability to make me not sound like a poor white boy, shut up :-P

and i think im gunna install it myself cuz them sleezy rip offs at circuit city want like 35 bucks for installation....

plus, im almost sure its just my lid vib. so thats all i really should cover right?

also, if i do this, its not permanant is it?...i mean, im thinkin of gettin some sweet tail lights in the future also, this would hinder my ability to do that would it?
Old 03-07-2002, 01:18 AM   #2
Maxvla

the more dynamat the better.
stops some body panel vibrations but not anything real big. that you need reinforcement. if you do decide to get a large area done let them do it. 35$ is nothing compared to the amount of hassle it takes to pry everything apart back there and then figure out on your own how to make it all fit right. they more or less know what they are doing... dynamat really isnt hard just annoying.
Old 03-07-2002, 05:30 PM   #3
Azkikr111

yeah, i got some good buddies to help me put it on, we'll figure it out....im used to sweating for hours over my car, i think it'd be kinda enjoyable, and i'd gain some much needed experience

plus, they wanted $30 bucks, which doesnt neccessarily flow out of my crack :-P

thanks for the input, we got a good ammount for an even larger amount of $ but hey, its an emergency, my 6000's just wore in and are POUNDING! :-D
Old 03-07-2002, 06:26 PM   #4
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

I used dynamat Xtreme and loved it. Very easy to install but kinda pricey. Don't pay to have someone else do it. Take some time and plan everything out ahead of time and you should be ok.
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
2000Pimpinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 07:50 PM   #5
Azkikr111

true true
Old 03-08-2002, 12:42 PM   #6
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Here check this out.. www.b-quiet.com/

Its as effective, and a whole lot cheaper.
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 02:16 PM   #7
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

Also check out RAAM Audio. It's hard to find, but it's great stuff for a relatively inexpensive price tag, and it's not nearly as heavy as Dynamat.
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 11:05 PM   #8
Azkikr111

too late, got dynamat extreme yesterday and installed it today...

it took 6 HOURS!! but we had fun, did a really good job, and it looks alot better than what curcuit city woulda done for 60 bucks (ive seen their work with dynamat....

i only have one regret....

on my last and most important peice (the one seen when the trunk is popped open....is UPSIDE DOWN!!!!!....man i was pissed, but i got over it quickly when i realized what a good job we did...i can even still mess with my tail lights, and non of my wires are really covered over completely (so i can still get them Altezza's later :-D...

if i could upload some friggin pictures soon ill show em too you (cant find the time to do it all :-P )

thanks for the help

(btw $75 for 12 sq feet)(crutchfield wanted $20 for 10 sq. INCHES)...dont go crutchfield....ever.....just look, dont touch :-P
Old 03-09-2002, 01:50 PM   #9
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

That great man!!

Ya, we all know about Crotchfield..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote