::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2004, 11:08 PM   #1
nonovurbizniz

2nd Ticket in 2 mo's...

I got pulled over today pulling out of work on my lunch break..

For exhaust...

It wasn't even loud... dude just pulled me over because he saw the exhaust and heard a pop when I shifted..

I gotta figure out what I'm gunna do about it...

It's a dynomax exhaust and it's of great quality but I've HATED the way it looks and sounds since I got it...

I guess I'm gunna chop it off and weld/bolt on a oval style normal muffler...

I'm tired of getting pulled over...

Oh yeah and the crappiest part is that it's a promise to appear... so I can't even just get it fixed and send in proof... I have to go to court regardless...

anyway.

Just bitching...

Getting new tires tomorrow too... just put in an auto civic dual core radiator in yesterday... gunna be spending a good deal of money on the car in the next couple of months...

Oh and I'm pretty sure I'm gunna turbo the D.
Old 05-14-2004, 02:01 PM   #2
Honda_Tengoku

where do u live again man? Also if u talk to Dynomax they may be able to send u something that says its 50 state legal or something. Cuz i got a ticket for illegal exhaust myself, and I ended up calling Thermal and they sent me a letter saying it was 50 state legal. So I appeared in court and got that ticket removed. Good luck.
Old 05-15-2004, 07:09 PM   #3
Mischief(LTS)

yea, it's nice to have CARB. not alot of cops are trained in the street tuning aspect, so naturally they will think alot of these modifications are illegal and unsafe. and also, when you sign the promise to appear, you can still FORFEIT and pay the bail (fine) and you don't have to appear. at least in california, it would be silly to show up in court for a fix it ticket and if you really wana get picky, each state has a pre-defined DB (decibel) level of noise that a muffler can reach before it is deemed a nuisance and required to be removed. something to think about.... check your state laws, there are plenty of ways out of this one.

from my experience, the cops only seem to have a problem if the catback is removed. this can make any 50-state legal muffler not legal anymore just because of the damn noise.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:26 PM   #4
nonovurbizniz

They just re-designed the law for muffler noise in CT...

There is NO payable fine... you MUST show up in court or there is a warrant issued for failure to appear...

The limit is probobly around 90db... I might be louder than that but I was DEFINATELY not that loud when I drove by the cop... he was just being a D1ck...

I have a gutted cat right now... so when I put my stock one back on or get an aftermarket one I should be under the legal limit...

I'm pretty sure they're going to send my to inspection to check the noise it produces...

Even if it passes and I can keep it I think I'm cutting it off for a universal oval muffler...

I HATE the polished SS canister style muffler that came with this I CAN NOT STAND the rediculous 4+" tip on it... and I don't like the noise... it's too loud... it's not raspy or farty but it sounds like a dumb honda and I HATE that.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:24 AM   #5
Mischief(LTS)

damn man, ct sux :( making you appear in a damn court room for a..... FIX IT TICKET! wow.. just wow.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:59 AM   #6
NOTA-EX

I hate cops. They order food from my work all the time. Last time they ordered they kept calling back about shit so i put bacon in the guys sandwhich and made a doughnut out of dough and sent it with the pizzas and subs they ordered.
Old 05-28-2004, 06:21 PM   #7
nonovurbizniz

I don't hate cops... I hate legislatures'.

Cops are just doing their job...

I went to court had to pay 20bucks and promise to get it fixed.

I ordered a 5x8x14 magnaflow oval ss muffler... it should bolt right up the the existing cat back and should make it all but dead quite... if not I'll through a second resonator on it...

still gotta order another cat though... I can't find my stocker.
Old 05-29-2004, 09:55 AM   #8
Mischief(LTS)

You know, I now share that frustration with you. Day before yesterday I got pulled over for my headlights. Because they have 'blue' lens. But they had white output! but the stupid cop thinks it had blue output. so i get slammed with a fix it ticket. grrrrrrr...

by the way, what else do you make doughnuts out of.... if not dough?
Old 05-29-2004, 02:22 PM   #9
thermal
Banning Machine

I havent had any fix it ticket yet........
:thermal knocks on wood smiley:

Goodluck nonov

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 12:39 PM   #10
Shot 2 Hel

My favorite run in with the cops is one time i got pulled over for peeling out from a dead stop in a 1995 Corolla... i fucking wish i could even catch a little bit of a tire from a dead stop w/o making it a pain on myself. The thing that really got me on that one was it was an off duty cop wearing shorts and one of those cop t-shirts
Old 05-31-2004, 10:57 PM   #11
nonovurbizniz

I went to court the other day... told them I'd fix it and got a 20 dollar fine...

I have a dynomax 14x5x8" muffler coming... it's universal so I'll just saw off the old one and weld on the new one then get it hung...

Should make the car really quite... I hope... if not I'm throwing a bigger resonator on it further up the line...

I'm also going to look into either getting my cat replaced (doubtful) or buying another one and remembering to fill out the waranty card this time...

Should be in tomorrow or the next day and I'll put it on before this weekend... I'll do a write up on it when I get it done.