.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2003, 01:05 PM   #1
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Weird situation...

This for the ladies and the gents....

Here's the situation: I dated this guy for a short time about a year or so ago, nothing really serious, and then we kind of stopped dating but still remained friends. Well, after some time now, I've kind of developed feelings for him again. I didn't want it to get out that I still liked him, but it did and now he knows. Here's the thing, he's started to like one of my friends now and she might kind of like him, but she won't act on it because I had dated him. It's a thing my friends and I have between us that we don't date our friend's ex's. It's a respect thing. Well, I've realized that this guy and I really don't have a chance anymore and maybe we're just better off being friends even though I still like him, but I told my friend that if she wanted to go out with him she could. And the other thing is, we still hang out with him and his friends. I'm good at not making it feel awkward, but I think it could be if she started going out with him. It's just kind of a weird situation.

So I guess what I'm asking is if anyone that has ever been in this type situation and how did it work out?
Old 06-19-2003, 01:38 PM   #2
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

We have a friends dont date ex-girlfriends thing too. Well atleast for the most part. :o

If you really think it will cause things to be wierd then be honest with you friend. If she cares she will understand, if she doesn't then the you know...

Its hard to control how you feel for people sometimes.
Old 06-19-2003, 01:50 PM   #3
SolPol

I've done it.

Don't do it. That's all I can say, just don't.
Old 06-19-2003, 04:04 PM   #4
Grip72

Even if you "think" that you could handle hanging out with your friend who is dating your ex-bf that you still like, you can't. If you have feelings for someone, its pretty much impossible to see them with another person. I think that it would become too uncomfortable for you and you would stop hanging out with them when they are together or even separeatly. It makes for a really really really really weird and awkward friendships and situations.
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 04:52 AM   #5
HndaTch627

Quote:
Originally posted by SolPol
I've done it.

Don't do it. That's all I can say, just don't.
best advice EVAR!
Old 06-20-2003, 08:04 AM   #6
SolPol

Ah thank you.
Old 06-20-2003, 11:34 AM   #7
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

What if they are a perfect match for eachother? I don't want to be the one that is keeping them apart because I dated the guy like a year and a half ago.
Old 06-20-2003, 12:06 PM   #8
SolPol

That's all well and good, but it still is just an extremely uncomfortable situation.

Trust me, I thought I could handle it. But I couldn't. Ended up not hanging out with a large group of my friends for about three years because of it. I actually hang out with them again now for the past few years because me and the other guy made up. The gurl was just evil and it caused many problems.
Old 06-20-2003, 12:11 PM   #9
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Exactly, if they are perfect for eachother and do decide to go out, be ready to accept the possibility that you may lose a friend.
Old 06-20-2003, 12:59 PM   #10
Grip72

losing friends sucks...
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 02:57 PM   #11
02_Si
2nd Gear

bros before hoes
Old 06-21-2003, 06:40 PM   #12
DsBlu01CivEX

<----I'm the pink blob in the middle. Somehow, I always end up in the middle of these types of situations. I'm best friends both with Erin and the girl she is talking about. And both of them come to me to talk....I guess cuz they know I'll keep the conversations between us and that I'll give them advice whether they wanna hear it or not. Just sorta gives them the other side to look at.

I know that if our friend started dating the guy, who Erin only went out on like 3 dates with, it would bother Erin more than she says it would. It would bother any of more than we say it does. But our friend is totally trying to respect their friendship and not date the dude.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 03:55 PM   #13
GirlRacer

It won't be ok if it happens, TRUST ME! I did this once, hooked a gal friend up with my X who I thought I hated and then I was like....

So ya-skip that K?
Old 06-22-2003, 09:18 PM   #14
Kyle
elyK

if they're made for eachother...there is nothing you can do to stop it...they WILL hook up...whether you like it or not...but if they're not meant to be...your girl will keep her cool and won't go for your X

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 06:00 PM   #15
Zybach

I think for a relationship to work both partners must express mutual interest in each other and in the relationship. If one partner happens to loose interest because of another person or for whatever reason, it would be best to end the relationship and get on with life (its easier to grow a new apple than to fix a bad one).
Old 06-26-2003, 08:19 AM   #16
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Thanks everyone for the advice!

Quote:
Originally posted by Zybach
I think for a relationship to work both partners must express mutual interest in each other and in the relationship. If one partner happens to loose interest because of another person or for whatever reason, it would be best to end the relationship and get on with life (its easier to grow a new apple than to fix a bad one).

That's what's hard for me to do, to get on with my life, but your right, it's time I do. Hopefully someone better will come along!

I'm getting good at this rejection thing!

Last edited by Whiteclipse99 : 06-26-2003 at 08:50 AM.
Whiteclipse99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 11:57 PM   #17
Numbstruck

Time for another good idea/bad idea.......

bad idea
Old 07-13-2003, 07:14 PM   #18
cjblade54

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyle
if they're made for eachother...there is nothing you can do to stop it...they WILL hook up...whether you like it or not...but if they're not meant to be...your girl will keep her cool and won't go for your X

I agree with Kyle.... if they made for each other... there is nothing you can do about it. It is hard when situation like this happens, but I guess this is one of those things that you have to deal with it when you don't like it.