::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2002, 08:05 PM   #1
TruHeel142

Major decision.....

Alright after a few "experiences" the last couple of weeks, I am prepared to sell my car and buy a junker. I still owe $7000 on my Integra, so I need first of all to see what you all think. How much could I possibly ask for on my

1997 Acura Integra RS
5-speed
55K miles
brand new clutch
brand new tires
brand new brake pads
17" katana C7's
aem cai
greddy evo
obx itr short shifter
clear corners
itr wing
side moldings painted
eibach springs (not installed yet)

I bought my car for 9,500 at 39K miles last Novemember, even though the KBB price is a couple grand higher. Does anyone think I could sell this car right now for $9000???? and will it help if I take off my mods, or will that hurt???? Ideas, because I wanna get rid of my loan, and start being able to save up every penny of my paychecks....and a year down the road..........my dream car

Whatcha think??? i'm gonna need some ideas on this....and if i could get $9000 for it, i'd have to buy a $1500 beater to drive for a year....but it'd be worth it if i could drive into college next year in a TT supra
Old 08-17-2002, 09:37 PM   #2
PoleMan14

I will give you 4k
Old 08-17-2002, 11:09 PM   #3
mt.biker

dude your gonna get alot less for the car then you think. Thats because people dont like touching modded cars. They can't be sure whats been done to the car, and for the most part if its modded it should be driven hard to get the performance out of it.

take 2grand of any price you think you'll be able to sell it at. Something to remember its very hard to sell any car for the same or similar price as you bought it at, though you've put some money into the car its often hard to get it back when you sell it.
My guess is your more likely to get 6000-7500 for the car. :(
Old 08-18-2002, 01:54 PM   #4
NooNz

do you still have all the stock parts?....cuz if you do, slap them back on and take all the aftermarket stuff off your teg....and try to sell them individually .and your car will look stock and sell it then......

just an idea....
Old 08-18-2002, 06:12 PM   #5
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Put it in the Autotrader for 9000 Or best offer and see what happens. Someone may buy it. Tegs are pretty popular, you just have to find someone that wants it.
Old 08-18-2002, 07:44 PM   #6
TruHeel142

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker

My guess is your more likely to get 6000-7500 for the car. :(

The KBB price for it is exactly $9005. And I'm sure I can find somebody who likes the mods and would pay a little extra for them. Or the last option is, I could sell my car for $8500 or so and take off all my mods....and then sell them all individually. It seems my friend would be willing to buy my wing, exhaust, and my rims and tires....which i could get in all about a grand from. So is that prolly my best bet?

And Racing Rice, it costs $40 I believe to get something up on autotrader, so I'm gonna try for a couple of weeks to find a local buyer. If not, then yeah I'll try autotrader.

Point is, I have a lower mileage Integra, so I don't think it'll be that hard to sell, considering the thousands of high schoolers around here
Old 08-18-2002, 08:05 PM   #7
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

My friend sold his teg on Yahoo Classifieds in less then a month. It had some mods done but was pretty rough. Dude came and gave him 7G cash for a 95 with about 130K miles on the car and about 50K+ on the motor.
Old 08-19-2002, 12:02 PM   #8
spoogenet

My bro sold his '95 LX, heavily modded, for about 10k online somewhere last year. Sad thing is there was probably about a good 10k of stuff in the car alone that he sold....so really didn't get that much. But that's how much he planned to get, so I guess he was happy with the deal.

Anyhow, some people will buy modded cars, some won't. Personally, I wouldn't. But a highschooler might be looking for a decent ride that's already got some stuff on it so he won't have to go out and do it himself, but he's also looking for a deal.....so keep that in mind.

The more stock stuff you can slap back on the car the more you'll get for the total deal. Selling your parts individually and selling a stock car is always the best deal for you.

b