::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2002, 01:36 PM   #1
scooby_roo

Exclamation Vancouver, WA teenager gets 19 months for street racing accident

VANCOUVER, Wa - A 19-year-old from Vancouver has been sentenced to 19 months in jail for a street racing accident that paralyzed one person and injured others.
Jason Ray Clark was at the wheel of a car that hit another car broadside during a street race.
He was going about 70 miles per hour when the accident happened. Clark also got up to 36 months' probation, and his license has been suspended.
(Copyright 2002 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Be advocates when you see idiots.

http://www.saferacing.org/

http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/

Do it legal (or at least safe) or don't do it at all.

It makes it tougher on the rest of us who auto/rally cross, tsd rally, etc...
Old 08-16-2002, 01:56 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

IMO the sentence is not hard enough for that

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 02:08 PM   #3
msvtec14

I hoping this kid's license got suspended for good...? Unfortunately, stuff like that happens more often than sometimes at a big strip that we have over here called the Berlin Turnpike. There are SO many people that go there on Friday and Saturdays it's ridiculous sometimes. It's one thing to race and be safe about it but there are a lot of idiots that don't take safety into consideration a lot of the time.
Old 08-16-2002, 05:30 PM   #4
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I for one agree.. I think street racing is just stupid anyhow really. Especially when you get careless.
Old 08-16-2002, 06:30 PM   #5
msvtec14

Yeah but people really try to be "cool" ya know? When really they look like @ssholes.
Old 08-16-2002, 11:30 PM   #6
toykilla

Re: Vancouver, WA teenager gets 19 months for street racing accident

Quote:
Originally posted by scooby_roo
VANCOUVER, Wa - A 19-year-old from Vancouver has been sentenced to 19 months in jail for a street racing accident that paralyzed one person and injured others.
Jason Ray Clark was at the wheel of a car that hit another car broadside during a street race.
He was going about 70 miles per hour when the accident happened. Clark also got up to 36 months' probation, and his license has been suspended.
(Copyright 2002 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

I dont think hitting someone at 70 is terms to give them almost 2 years in jail. Whether he was racing or not (unless speed limit was 25mph) but thats only 25 over if speed limit is 45. Seems kinda harsh to me but a simple wreckless driving accident. It sucks that someone was paralyzed but thats the only reason he got jail time if you ask me. A question, why does he need a license in jail anyways or did they suspend for a LOT longer than 2 years?
Old 08-17-2002, 03:41 AM   #7
mylittlecivic

That happened near where i live too they do alota street racing up there just wish they would be more careful

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 11:01 PM   #8
bootstrap

Re: Re: Vancouver, WA teenager gets 19 months for street racing accident

Quote:
Originally posted by toykilla

I dont think hitting someone at 70 is terms to give them almost 2 years in jail. Whether he was racing or not (unless speed limit was 25mph) but thats only 25 over if speed limit is 45. Seems kinda harsh to me but a simple wreckless driving accident. It sucks that someone was paralyzed but thats the only reason he got jail time if you ask me. A question, why does he need a license in jail anyways or did they suspend for a LOT longer than 2 years?

Your kidding right? If you went out with a baseball bat and paralized somebody, 2 years in jail is a good sentence. Same shit with this reckless ****er. PLUS he's gonna get the shit sued out of him. And i'm sure his liscence is gone for a longgg time.
Old 08-19-2002, 12:53 AM   #9
msvtec14

Re: Re: Re: Vancouver, WA teenager gets 19 months for street racing accident

Quote:
Originally posted by bootstrap

Your kidding right? If you went out with a baseball bat and paralized somebody, 2 years in jail is a good sentence. Same shit with this reckless ****er. PLUS he's gonna get the shit sued out of him. And i'm sure his liscence is gone for a longgg time.

I'm not trying to get in the middle of anything here but I can see things from both perspectives. If you went out with a baseball bat to beat some ass, then yeah you were actually motivated to inflict bodily harm on someone. 2 years in jail or even more is appropriate. I'm sure that this kid didn't go out and race with the intention of paralyzing someone but he should have considered the consequences. This kid just wasn't thinking. It's sad to say but the guilt that he is going to feel for the rest of his life is going to be far worse than spending 19 months in jail. It really is sad as I'm sure he didn't mean it BUT it is his fault. Yeah, accidents do happen but when you're driving like an @sshole and you're not being safe it's not necessarily intentional but you're aware of what you're doing.