.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > My Car is Broken!
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2003, 11:13 AM   #1
CivicOwnz

High Speed Rattling Noise

Just got a 99 Integra GSR, have noticed that when I'm goign 60 MPH + and give it gas, a rattling noise seems to be coming from the dash or glove box. I don't hear it at lower speeds, even at higher RPM, just seems to be at higher speeds and only when i give it gas. Has anyone seen anything like this before? Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 07-08-2003, 09:18 PM   #2
pauls-si

Do you feel any vibrations in the steering wheel?
Old 07-08-2003, 11:56 PM   #3
blind34_1

so, is the vibration at a certain rpm regardless of speed, or only after 60mph? if its constantly a certain rpm, then I'd say you just have something loose in the dash somewhere, but if not, that doesn't doesn't like just a harmless rattle...I could be wrong though..
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 01:54 PM   #4
CivicOwnz

Thanks for your replies....There is no vibration form the steering wheel, however yesterday I noticed the noise starting at around 3500-4000 RPM, in 3rd gear, at about 40 MPH or so, so its not just above 60 MPH. I couldn't get it to rattle in neutral though, and so far haven't heard it in 1st or 2nd gear. I'm hoping its something loose in the dash, a friend and I just installed speakers, took underside of dash apart as well as the pain in the @ss stock radio out, so maybe a screw fell out somewhere, I just think it's weird to do it only when i'm giving it gas. I dunno, I've never seen anything like it before.
Old 07-11-2003, 12:13 PM   #5
blind34_1

if you just started noticing the rattle after you took apart the dash I'll bet you ten dollars that thats what it is. I have so many dash rattle its not even funny.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 09:40 PM   #6
pimpinprelude

uhhaaa if it starts to rattle... just give it a swift kick....
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 02:36 AM   #7
Vegasguy80

If you have an exhaust on the car, the noise from it will cause the vibration around there. My car does it and it is because of the deep tone in the exhaust. Something just vibrates in the area