.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > For The Geek In You
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2003, 06:27 PM   #1
mt.biker

networed calendar

Alright people lets put our heads together and see if we can help rob out of this little problem.

I have a total of 5 computers that are used as workstations at work, they all have access to our file server, prints and the internet. What we need to do is have a calendar with events like "colnago shipment, monday march 17th" and so forth. Sorta like what you would see in Outlook Caledar.

Now other then setting up a server to run the outlook database file is there any other program I can use that allows many users to share the same database file or all see the same calendar? Do you follow me? When someone adds something to a given date I need it to show up on everyone's calendar.

Any ideas? My head hurts from working on this....

thanks
rob
Old 03-16-2003, 08:14 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

post it notes

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 12:38 AM   #3
Duckydos

I took first place in Florida for the FBLA Networking competition... then again, I knew what a RJ-11 was, and all the other kids I was competing against were major stoners.
What OS's are you running on these work stations? How are you splitting the print jobs, internet, etc? (Through a gateway, router, server)
Old 03-17-2003, 09:38 AM   #4
mt.biker

they're running windows 2000 pro, through a router and the server is hung off the router. There is no network printer but rather printers hung off work stations.
Old 03-18-2003, 02:02 PM   #5
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

You couldn't run the Outlook "DB" on a server. What you're thinking of is Exchange Server with Outlook as the client. That works great. It is expensive though.

I don't think I've ever seen a pre-made program to do what you're talking about. It would be fairly simple to make one though. If you're interested I work on a consultant basis.
Old 03-18-2003, 02:16 PM   #6
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Im not sure what version of Outlook your using, maybe you could use Net folders if you could get it to work..

Heres a thread to describe it a little..

http://computing.net/windows2000/www...rum/28371.html
Old 03-18-2003, 09:14 PM   #7
mt.biker

thanks it just looks like it can't be done without a big price tag attached to it :(

thanks for the help though guys...
Old 03-18-2003, 10:56 PM   #8
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

NICE SIGNATURE!!!