Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2002, 02:41 PM   #41
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Rednecks! They do that here too!!!

Hope the get all the grill and road kill out of that thing before they eat it?!
Old 12-16-2002, 02:53 PM   #42
msvtec14

Good thing that it didn't happen in the Type R Neon. Because I think the deer would just crash through the car. Ugh, there's a lot of rednecks around here too. I live in a mountain valley. There are all kinds of crazies that go up into the mountains and do things like jump off cliffs and shoot themselves.
Old 12-16-2002, 02:55 PM   #43
firstgeardude

dont see too many rednecks over here.... and thats a good thing !!
Old 12-16-2002, 02:56 PM   #44
juvenile

Well, I know I wouldn't take the deer, but there is nothing wrong with eating deer. Some people go hunting for them on purpose. So it's not really the traditional "road kill". It just that hunting is the part of the fun, and here it was accidental. But I hear deer is actually pretty good. Don't think Iever ate one though.
Old 12-16-2002, 03:40 PM   #45
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by juvenile
Well, I know I wouldn't take the deer, but there is nothing wrong with eating deer. Some people go hunting for them on purpose. So it's not really the traditional "road kill". It just that hunting is the part of the fun, and here it was accidental. But I hear deer is actually pretty good. Don't think Iever ate one though.

In terms of food, I will pretty much try anything once. Unless it is really really gross. Like poo or something. I've had deep before. It's ok. Nothing compared to filet mignon which is the best.
Old 12-16-2002, 03:40 PM   #46
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by juvenile

In terms of food, I will pretty much try anything once. Unless it is really really gross. Like poo or something. I've had deep before. It's ok. Nothing compared to filet mignon which is the best.
Old 12-16-2002, 03:42 PM   #47
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

I like ostrich........

so what does this have to do with a neon again?

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:
Anonymous: Yea but a car has 4 heads, so it's headers!

Me: Or.. you could say that a car has one head...
TonitrusEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 04:00 PM   #48
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by TonitrusEN
I like ostrich........

so what does this have to do with a neon again?

the neon would be salvaged if it hit a deer

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 11:12 PM   #49
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
the neon would be salvaged if it hit a deer

Eh, I don't know. I backed into one of those big blue mailbox things going at a pretty good speed just a few hours ago and nothing hapenned. I just spilled coffee on myself. I was looking at these busted Christmas decorations and I was backing up. The type R Neon does not have power steering and I had a little trouble with the coffee in my hand and I just went into the mailbox. And bounced right off of it. It was funny.
Old 12-16-2002, 11:19 PM   #50
juvenile

OMG hahahha
Old 12-16-2002, 11:23 PM   #51
firstgeardude

well its nice to see the amazin craftsmanship of the type R neon... i once backed up my grandpas accord into a tree...dont ask questions.... well the tree which was skinny and on an angle got the better of the accord... dented the trunk in
Old 12-16-2002, 11:52 PM   #52
msvtec14

You're Grandpa's Accord? That suddenly made feel not so cool about having an Accord anymore. Just kidding. Accord's are so weird when it comes to denting. I rear-ended someone. Barely nothing hapenned to my bumper but my hood buckled like it was going out of style and I ended up having to buy a new hood.
Old 12-17-2002, 01:19 AM   #53
mylittlecivic

My cousin bought a 94, or 95 neon recently He hasnt done anything except soundsystem but he has plans LOL sorry im not big on neons I like to call them peeons and im not quite sure why they just bug me, I wouldnt diss on people who owned them though.My neighbors have the sweetest neon I have ever seen yes it is a little ricey but its nice

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 02:18 AM   #54
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by mylittlecivic
I like to call them peeons and

Old 12-17-2002, 04:45 AM   #55
toykilla

Re: Dodge Neon???

Quote:
Originally posted by msvtec14
I just got a Dodge Neon yesterday for a new winter car. Has anyone had one? Does anyone know how there are in the snow? Good on gas mileage? How they handle in general? Problems with the cars?

Dont you think these are questions you should have asked BEFORE you bought one??
Old 12-17-2002, 08:17 AM   #56
msvtec14

Re: Re: Dodge Neon???

Quote:
Originally posted by toykilla
Dont you think these are questions you should have asked BEFORE you bought one??

Sorry to offend you with my hasty decision but to be perfectly honest with you, I did not even pick the car out. My father did. He has a dealers license and he got it at an auction for little to nothing and I'm giving him money for it. Because the engine in my truck blew. Obviously, I crack on the Neon because I'd prefer to drive my Honda over it but I still do appreciate it because it is a car and it gets from point A to B. And this whole thing is not about dissing Neons. People prefer different things as everyone is different. It is however about dissing the people that do dumb things to Neons and think they're badass.
Old 12-17-2002, 08:30 AM   #57
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

good point there missy

Old 12-17-2002, 08:47 AM   #58
msvtec14

Quote:
good point there missy

Thank you
Old 12-17-2002, 10:21 AM   #59
firstgeardude

one problem that all chryslers have is transmission issues.... your neon is probably on its second tranny... watch out for signs of transmission slip
Old 12-17-2002, 10:26 AM   #60
ShagginJet

Back to the original question...

I drove a neon in an MTV special "Fast Enough", i blew the engine in the second lap. According to dodge this was their GT model, or something like that. The instructor told me to push it in second, and i did. guess the valve springs over heated and that just f**ked something up good.

http://63.249.135.19/hdrive/car/index.htm
ShagginJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 10:32 AM   #61
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by ShagginJet
Back to the original question...

I drove a neon in an MTV special "Fast Enough", i blew the engine in the second lap. According to dodge this was their GT model, or something like that. The instructor told me to push it in second, and i did. guess the valve springs over heated and that just f**ked something up good.

Ok, I'm not going to lie but I reallly don't know much about Neons at all. What exactly does the GT model entail?
Old 12-17-2002, 11:46 PM   #62
blind34_1

I think he means SVT. I dont think there is a Neon GT. Its probably just a slightly bigger motor and more frills.

Anyone seen the new Neon sport model? It comes off the line turbocharged, with 17" rims and look real nice, actually. Not joking.

I thought of some more things you could do to the PROJECT CRAP NEON:

- Go to decaldriveway and get some stickers made:
NEONS SUCK
I'd rather be driving my honda...

label all your "aftermarket" parts:
stylish rims! (and an arrow pointing at it), you get the idea.

Find yourseld a coffee can and make a fart exhuast.

Get a folding chair and have someone weld it on the trunk. adds 20hp at the wheels!
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 08:31 AM   #63
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by blind34_1
I think he means SVT. I dont think there is a Neon GT. Its probably just a slightly bigger motor and more frills.

Anyone seen the new Neon sport model? It comes off the line turbocharged, with 17" rims and look real nice, actually. Not joking.

I thought of some more things you could do to the PROJECT CRAP NEON:

- Go to decaldriveway and get some stickers made:
NEONS SUCK
I'd rather be driving my honda...

label all your "aftermarket" parts:
stylish rims! (and an arrow pointing at it), you get the idea.

Find yourseld a coffee can and make a fart exhuast.

Get a folding chair and have someone weld it on the trunk. adds 20hp at the wheels!

LMAO. FART EXHAUST. My bro is anti-import so he just has to call everyone's exhaust "fart pipes". It all started when a Civic pulled up at an intersection and started to rev and my brother got all pissed because the kid was being really gay about it and he just yelled "Shut the f*ck up with your little fart pipes over there!". Then the kid wouldn't even race. Anywho, back to Neons. Yesterday, one of my stupid Yokohamas went flat on my Accord and there were all these kids at the gas station I was at and one had this sport Neon that you speak of. At least I think it was. He was saying stuff about more horsepower and all this stuff. I told him that we should roll out in our Neons. Wait, just have someone just weld the whole chair? In the posistion that someone could sit in?
Old 12-18-2002, 01:32 PM   #64
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

Dodge SVT?!

Riiiiight

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:

Old 12-18-2002, 03:03 PM   #65
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by TonitrusEN
Dodge SVT?!

Riiiiight

I don't even know what SVT means. Isn't it used for Mustangs? I swear that's where I've heard it before. I think. I don't even care because I have a Type R Neon and Hot Pockets is about to sponsor me.
Old 12-18-2002, 03:30 PM   #66
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
I don't even know what SVT means. Isn't it used for Mustangs? I swear that's where I've heard it before. I think. I don't even care because I have a Type R Neon and Hot Pockets is about to sponsor me.

SVT is for FORD like mugen and spoon for honda: a performance company.

Old 12-18-2002, 03:58 PM   #67
msvtec14

Quote:
SVT is for FORD like mugen and spoon for honda: a performance company.

ohhhhHHHhhh, I get it now. LOL that you gave me an analogy. Thanks ! ! ! I found it weird one time on EBay that I saw a FlowMaster exhaust for a Honda. I've seen FlowMaster on all domestics. Never a Honda. It was strange.
Old 12-19-2002, 11:49 AM   #68
blind34_1

yeah I meant weld the whole chair on there like someone could sit there. You wouldn't even have to weld it, just drill some screws and attach it like a spoiler. Cut the back of the chair off so its just the seat. Then it'll be a hardcore 1337 spoiler!
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 11:54 AM   #69
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

Actualyl SVT is not quite like that..

SVT stands for Special Vehicle Team, its a company that helps design vehicles for performance reasons... not quite like Saleen, and Not Quite like Spoon, more in the middle

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:

Old 12-19-2002, 12:39 PM   #70
nonovurbizniz

svt is a division of ford motor company.

it's their Special Vehicle Team..

It's part of ford.

It's like TRD for toyota. Toyota Research and Design... it's a designation givin to cars that have gotten revamped by a special team at the factory.
Old 12-19-2002, 01:13 PM   #71
msvtec14

Do you think that I'd get in trouble for driving around with a chair attached to my hood though? Once it gets warmer/and I get more done to it, I'll start showing my car. But it's not what you call an "everyday" driver. If I ever tried taking it to Old Englishtown NJ, I know for a fact that I'd take my bumper off while driving through NY on those shitty roads. Ok, please no one laugh at this question...You guys know those trailer things that you can tow cars around in? Do you think the Neon would be able to tow my Accord on a trailer?
Old 12-19-2002, 07:48 PM   #72
firstgeardude

yes it could probably, you would need to find a proper hitch though

heres 1min worth of searching on google
http://www.hitch-web.com/vhitch.asp?...1353#DRAW-TITE
Old 12-20-2002, 09:07 AM   #73
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by firstgeardude
yes it could probably, you would need to find a proper hitch though

heres 1min worth of searching on google
http://www.hitch-web.com/vhitch.asp?...1353#DRAW-TITE

Hey, thanks for that. Ha ha. It says BALLMOUNT on that website. I think that would look funny. A riced out Neon towing an Accord.
Old 12-20-2002, 10:37 AM   #74
firstgeardude

no prob..... ya it would look kinda funny... neons arent the ideal towing machines... especially the type-R edition
Old 12-20-2002, 01:21 PM   #75
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz
svt is a division of ford motor company.

it's their Special Vehicle Team..

It's part of ford.

It's like TRD for toyota. Toyota Research and Design... it's a designation givin to cars that have gotten revamped by a special team at the factory.

You said what i lacked the words to say, thank you hehe

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:

Old 12-20-2002, 02:13 PM   #76
msvtec14

Oh my god. I went out to the Neon earlier and I saw that there is a crack in the front bumper. And I know damn well that I didn't do it. BONDO. On plastic.
Old 12-21-2002, 04:33 AM   #77
toykilla

Quote:
Ok, I'm not going to lie but I reallly don't know much about Neons at all. What exactly does the GT model entail?

First off, what kind of engine is in there? Lift hood and check the tag on frame. Do you have engine code: 420a? If so, YOU GOT A DAMN FINE ENGINE that I know TONS about.
Old 12-21-2002, 09:46 AM   #78
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by toykilla
First off, what kind of engine is in there? Lift hood and check the tag on frame. Do you have engine code: 420a? If so, YOU GOT A DAMN FINE ENGINE that I know TONS about.

Ok, I'm going to look at that tag once I get out of work at 12. I hope it's the damn fine one. Heh, yesterday I was blasting through puddles in it and the car made this loud squealing noise for a minute. Timing belt? I'm assuming that's what it was because that hapenned to one of my other cars.
Old 12-21-2002, 11:38 AM   #79
nonovurbizniz

You gotta let me steal a park bench and get a picture of your car with it on the trunk (ala bigass wing).
Old 12-21-2002, 09:15 PM   #80
firstgeardude

Quote:
Ok, I'm going to look at that tag once I get out of work at 12. I hope it's the damn fine one. Heh, yesterday I was blasting through puddles in it and the car made this loud squealing noise for a minute. Timing belt? I'm assuming that's what it was because that hapenned to one of my other cars.

blasting through puddles poor neon

perhaps you should thoroughly check all the belts... they might be in real rough shape