Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2005, 03:47 PM   #1
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Wire

Im doing battery relocation, because Im 100% tired of the optima not sitting right under the hood, in the winter (and when I end up with a pos battery from autoshit).
The wire doesnt need to be oxygen free or anything like that right - Just plain old wire will do? (I dont need to spend more on amp wiring)
Im looking at 6 gauge right now on ebay. I think jumper cables are like 10-8 and I know people who've done that, but as always, I like to go overboard.

(After I wrote all that, I realize that there really isnt a point to this post, because Im already doing what I want. I guess I just felt like making something new )

Oh, and is there a site/does anyone know the physical sizes for different wire gauges?
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 09:38 PM   #2
sicones

My battery sits fine under my hood, its a optima yellow top, I have a complete battery relocation kit complete with 2 or 4 guage wire ( I forgot) and a polymer box and all the hardware its brand new, its a summit brand box, I'll give it to you for a good price let me know your interested

actually its this exact kit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33575&item=79 84129962&sspagename=WDVW
sicones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 09:47 PM   #3
pdiggitydogg

Thanks, but I'm planning on either building a sealed box out of sheet metal (depends on how un-lazy I get) or just shelling out for a moroso sealed box (dont want to deal with fumes at all w/ regular batts).

I have the og red top - got it before the smaller yellow top even came out for imports. It doesnt fit correctly in the battery corner...gotta wedge the bastard in between the shock tower and firewall and take left turns faster to "G-ify" it in place (right turns must be taken slow so it doesnt pop out)...so retarded...
Old 07-21-2005, 11:34 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well if you like to go overboard use welding cable like 1 gauge. they are a lot cheaper than any automotive wiring (like 40-50 cents/foot)

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 02:11 AM   #5
AkimboStylee

just go with 2 gauge or bigger. go to an auto audio shaop, and you can buy the wire and extremlynice battery terminals all for like 50 bucks or so
Old 07-23-2005, 07:56 AM   #6
pdiggitydogg

^Actually, I was just told by my old hot rod buddy to use 2gauge.
$50 is a lot for wire, really. I mean you can get a spool of it (25ft) on ebay shipped for $30 and then terminals for $5 locally.
Ive decided to meet someone locally for a moroso box ($70), so the cheaper I can get the wire, the better.
(I just plan on getting some black fusion paint to make the box look better.....stupid blue thing)