.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > For The Geek In You
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2003, 07:30 PM   #1
zm_dawg

site

alright......starting to brainstorm a site together for my online store...and a great example would have to be
www.andrewsimportperformance.com
I reallly want something that clean prolly a different color scheme red/grey/black? any ideas anyone?
anyone be able to whip one up quickly just the front main page and give me somethin to think about?
anything is appreciated thanks in advance
Old 03-26-2003, 08:55 PM   #2
blind34_1

I'll see what I can come up with...html skillz are rusty, but the best way to make a clean, quick loading site like that is to use tables. avoid using frames and popup navigation, cause its annoying. BTW: did I give you that site or did you find it? thats our local speed shop!
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 09:22 PM   #3
blind34_1

heres a cheap first draft. It bears a striking resemblence to AIP's site, mostly becuase Im lazy, but also becuase the way he made the site is exactly how I wouldve made it. zip attahced:
Attached Files
File Type: zip zemansite1.zip (1.5 KB, 7 views)
Old 03-27-2003, 02:41 AM   #4
zm_dawg

nah....i've known about it....and i was lookin at the way hondaman-iac made his....and i was like wow i want somethin just like that...i used andys also has a prototype....i just want somethin more of a graphic.....Zeman Motorsports graphic black letters read border strikin out with someone i don't know.......PM me...pretty soon I'll be able to start business....got my license comin real soon
Attached Files
File Type: zip zeman.zip (4.4 KB, 4 views)
Old 03-27-2003, 01:10 PM   #5
blind34_1

cool. Might I suggest not using Frontpage. While yes its gotten much better than the dark ages and it makes it easier to change stuff, its still no replacement for a good ol text editor. Your source code look fine now, but it could quickly get out of hand. just an idea.

Here's a logo I mad eup real fast. This is just using the drop shadow from PSP7. I'm sure a photoshop job will illicit better effects...

And also, dont use silver lettering over a red bg, it is VERY hard on the eyes. Use a black or a white.
Attached Files
File Type: zip logo.zip (8.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 03-27-2003, 03:08 PM   #6
zm_dawg

i know all about frontpage i understand....and i understand the color issue been workin with it...trust me with all this time sittin here I just want the best i can get....but i'm not sure i want the exact same layout like the other guys' site.....i gotta be able to tweak somethin to make it a little bit different....
graphic wise.....it's hard to explain...i want maybe somethin incorporated into the lettering.....i don't have photoshop and never have really used it so i'm outtie on this one lol...i got a few guys hopefully workin on somethin too....cause i need a kinda banner logo for the site and maybe advertising banners on other sites....plus a logo for local ad. and business cards, phone book, etc.
i appreciate everything though...can't believe others haven't stepped in...but it's all g lol
Old 04-02-2003, 02:23 PM   #7
blind34_1

http://h22a.org/
check the way this guy has navigation set up on his site, I think its real interesting!
Old 04-07-2003, 04:38 PM   #8
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by zm_dawg
nah....i've known about it....and i was lookin at the way hondaman-iac made his....

I actually designed hondaman-iac's site.
Old 04-17-2003, 07:01 AM   #9
drdingo21

Quote:
Originally posted by Addict
I actually designed hondaman-iac's site.
i went there last night when he told me about his site. I must it looks dam good! i suck at html, i could build a network with my eyes closed and program routers, but when it comes to html it will take me weeks what you can do in 1 day
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 07:18 AM   #10
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by drdingo21
i went there last night when he told me about his site. I must it looks dam good! i suck at html, i could build a network with my eyes closed and program routers, but when it comes to html it will take me weeks what you can do in 1 day

Thanks. Funny thing is that my real job is networking. I've been doing the web stuff for quite a few years now though. I do mostly PHP & mySQL, but I'm looking to learn some ASP. I figure I might as well learn MS since I put all the effort into getting teh certs
Old 04-17-2003, 07:21 AM   #11
drdingo21

yea i need to work up the courage to go and take my ccna test....(ugh). My firend who went through school with me can make website like a mofo, but i can't
Old 04-17-2003, 07:38 AM   #12
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
yea i need to work up the courage to go and take my ccna test....(ugh). My firend who went through school with me can make website like a mofo, but i can't

Yeah the Cisco's are next on my list. Just wish the job market didn't suck horribly here.....
Old 04-17-2003, 07:53 AM   #13
drdingo21

Quote:
Originally posted by Addict
Yeah the Cisco's are next on my list. Just wish the job market didn't suck horribly here.....
Yea there is no market here. Eveyone wants you to have 10+ years experince and a master degree along with every cert that is imangable... The test is supposed to revolve around being able to program a router and a switch. So if you might wanna have a littel experince doing that I have a router sim that acts just like a router/switch.....
Old 04-17-2003, 08:04 AM   #14
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
The test is supposed to revolve around being able to program a router and a switch. So if you might wanna have a littel experince doing that I have a router sim that acts just like a router/switch.....

I've got the experience. Its what I do. But I just can't see spending the money on the exams just yet.
Old 05-04-2003, 01:07 PM   #15
troublesome

hey..can someone help me...im using frontpage and ive finnished my site but i dun know how to update it with out replacing the edited page with the ftp.

can u help
Old 05-07-2003, 08:24 AM   #16
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

FP sucks.. I only use Dreamweaver..:o