::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2002, 03:47 PM   #1
thatguyX

clearing headlights in nj?

i want to clear my headlights, and the orange junk on the very sides as well as the strip at the bottom, how can i get the orange SIDES out, and is it legal in NJ?

i know this is more of a north east topic, but no one really goes tehre too often
Old 06-21-2002, 12:25 AM   #2
gee

I think pretty much everywhere, turn signals have to be orange and brake lights have to be red. Those cleared out turn signals you see are illegal I think. Again, im pretty sure this is the case, but not 100%.
Old 06-21-2002, 12:49 AM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Its illegal, but I have all clear front lights and hyperwhite bulbs in them and I never even get warned for them... even when I get pulled over for other stuff.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 01:00 AM   #4
gee

haha had i known, i woulda cleared mine a long time ago... i dont know how they'll take it in upstate NY tho... ill ask around.

...but the braking lights have to be REd right? cuz that's actually pretty dangerous.

Also, when people install clear lights like the attached pic , do the brake lights still turn up red? what about the turn signals?

thanks!
-gee
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1021968155288_98accord2drclear90_20.jpg (16.9 KB, 34 views)
Old 06-21-2002, 11:59 AM   #5
HoOn

Re: clearing headlights in nj?

Quote:
Originally posted by thatguyX
i want to clear my headlights, and the orange junk on the very sides as well as the strip at the bottom, how can i get the orange SIDES out, and is it legal in NJ?

i know this is more of a north east topic, but no one really goes tehre too often

Here's a How-to on it!

Headlight How-To
Old 06-28-2002, 06:05 PM   #6
Trill2k

98 ACCORD AND UP

FIRST, YOU REMOVE BOTH OF THE HEAD LIGHTS, NEXT YOU GET YOURSELF A BLOWDRYER, HEAT UP THE SILICONE AROUND THE EDGES. (YOU SHOULD WEAR LATEX GLOVES, BECAUSE, YOU DONT WANT TO PUT FINGERPRINTS ON THE INSIDE OF THE LENS). REMOVE THE LENS FROM THE REST OF THE HOUSING. THE ORANGE STRIP SLIDES OUT. REVERSE THE STEPS TO RE-INSTALL. THE ONLY THING IS, WHEN YOU RE--INSTALL THEM, YOU WANT TO MAKE SURE YOU TAPE THE HOLES ON THE BACK WHERE THE BULBS GO. YOU DONT WANT ANY MOISTURE GETTING INSIDE. NEXT. YOU PROBABLY WILL WANT TO ADD SOME ADDITIONAL SILICONE. IF NOT, YOU CAN REPLACE ALL OF IT. IT WILL PROBABLY BE EASIER TO JUST SCRAPE OFF THE OLD SILICONE, AND GET YOU SOME NEW SILICONE. HERE'S THE SUCKY PART, YOU HAVE TO APPLY PRESSURE TO THE LENS AND THE HOUSING (PRESS THEM TOGETHER) FOR 20 - 25 MINUTES. UNLESS YOU HAVE SOME TYPE OF CUSHIONED CLAMPING DEVICE, OR A LITTLE BROTHER. I RECOMMEND THAT YOU HOLD IT LONGER THAN THAT. NO MORE THAN AN HOUR THOUGH. THIS IS TO ENSURE NO MOISTURE IS GONNA BE ABLE TO GET INSIDE. AFTER ALL OF THIS YOU WILL BE HAPPY, BECAUSE CLEAR HEAD LIGHTS COST ABOUT $200.00 A PIECE. GOOD LUCK