::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2003, 09:00 PM   #1
SIaight

yo i need sum help

im lookin to get exhaust for my car i have an 02 civic Si and im lost ,sum1 help me plzz gimme sum damn direction thx
Old 09-24-2003, 09:18 PM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

lets use correct grammar from now on please...its a lot easier to read without us having to think...and it also helps you not look like a fool

Lets start out by asking what you plan on doing with the car? How extreme of a build, if any? Boost or not? Daily driver or weekend fun?
All those will determine the size of piping that you'll wanna use.

After that it comes down to quality and sound (if applicable). I recommend anything stainless steel as it will hold up against the elements and look nice while doing it.

I'll leave it at that. Please use the search feature, because this topic has been discussed to death. However, I'll leave the thread open because its kinda new to see an EP si thread here.

Posts on exhausts for EP SI's will remain...all others will be severely beaten to within an inch of their life...then deleted
(seriously....no "I have this on my 95 dx and its mad tite y0")
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hst search.jpg (20.8 KB, 47 views)
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 09:52 PM   #3
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

i got a Ractive on my 93 DX its mad tight. Its got tha racTeezY inTizzle Filtillze on t3h Long Ram Intake flossin the RactiV3 Exhaust on the Mad FAst DX type R

hope that helps.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:55 PM   #4
pdiggitydogg

^LOL...ok that ONE can stay
Old 09-25-2003, 12:16 AM   #5
blind34_1

like it was said, it all depends on what your plans are. I personally have had good results with my Apexi WS catback. I noticed a slight top end power gain, but anything wlse is speculation.

also, you said your looking for an exhaust for your car, so just for clarification these are all of the components for your exhaust:

Exhaust Manifold or Header: being that we are four bangers, we have only one "header" even though so many people mistakenly say "headers". This is the piping that comes off of the engine and goes down to the ground to the some more piping. many times your o2 sensor is located in the bottom portion of the header.

Mid Section Piping to the Cat (or I don't know the technical name for this part, somebody help me out here): This is the part going from the header to the catalytic converter.

Catalytic converter or Cat: This is what keeps you environmentally friendly. If yours is toasted and rattling, you can remove it, punch out all the material inside, and re install it. technically this a federal crime, so do it at your discretion.

Catback piping: this is everything from the cat back towards the rear. this is what a lot of people buy when they are referring to an 'exhuast'. typically cat back exhausts bolt right up to the cat, and include all piping back to the rear, piping over an axle, and includes a new hisher flow muffler and big exhaust tip. you get what you pay for. good brands are usually greddy, apexi, tanabe, comptech, etc. bad brands would be pacesetter, etc.

axel back: this is basically everything from over the axel and back. includes muffler and exhaust tip, and some intermediate piping.

(ANYONE please feel free to correct where I'm sure I've made a mistake. I could be talking out my arse on more than a few things.)
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 11:18 AM   #6
Mischief(LTS)

"Be kind to nature - Dumping used engine oil into your local dump, field, or stream is a good thing; you're returing it to its natural habitat..."

.....LOL~!
Old 09-26-2003, 12:59 PM   #7
oc civic

Re: yo i need sum help

Quote:
Originally posted by SIaight
im lookin to get exhaust for my car i have an 02 civic Si and im lost ,sum1 help me plzz gimme sum damn direction thx

english mother-fucker can you speak it
Old 09-26-2003, 09:59 PM   #8
pdiggitydogg

dont think the dudes comin back...goin to summadtitecivicsyo.com or something maybe