.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2002, 03:49 PM   #1
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

Off Limits? (Long, but Good!)

Wow. I do believe this is the first time I've ever posted in this forum. Here goes...

We had some family friends in town yesterday. My mom's maid of honor (and my mom was hers), and her family. Obviously, we go way back. To make a long story short, I spent most of my childhood with their daughter until we moved when I was five years old. We had seen them on and off since then, but I hadn't seen their daughter (who is 10 months older than me) in about six years.

Oh good lord is this girl gorgeous.

I took her out literally all day yesterday. We left around noon and hung out in downtown Denver until about six that night when we met with our parents for dinner. After that we hung out in downtown Boulder, went home, then left for the club in Denver. We were at the club for about 10 minutes before we decided it was too loud to talk. So we went to a bar and sat and talked for two hours (and ran up an $80 tab- before tip!!). We walked up and down Downtown Denver again so I could drive, and went home. We ended up asleep on the couch together (nothing happened, obviously), then I went to bed around 7 am because I thought it would be weird for our parents to catch us cuddled up on the couch together. She came in to my room about 11 this morning to wake me up- It was by far the best wake up call I had ever had. We talked there in my room for about an hour before they left to go to the airport about 2 hours ago.

I had such an amazing time yesterday. We were together from around noon until we crashed at about 4 am. We talked all day and had an incredible time together. This girl is absolutely beyond belief. I don't think I've ever connected with anyone how I connected with her. And I know it was mutual- there is definite chemistry here. I know we were both really reserved because of the situation- they were only here for a day, our families go way back, and she lives 1600 miles away- so we didn't act on anything. But if you had seen the look in her eyes and the smile on her face, you'd want to discard your reservations, too. Even my sister saw it. She was with us at dinner, and she pulled me aside and said "It's too bad for you two that you didn't meet under different circumstances. You're perfect for each other." And especially from my sister, that's powerful.

Is this something I should pursue? The distance thing kind of isn't an issue- I might be moving back to Michigan at the end of the semester, anyway. The weirdest part is the situation with our parents, and what if it didn't work out? I'm supposed to go out to Michigan and visit her at my first available opportunity, which I'm thinking will be in October. What should I do?

Feedback, PLEASE!!!

I can honestly say that I now believe in love at first sight (first sight after six years, anyways!).
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 04:26 PM   #2
incubus86

One time I was getting one of those Mystic Ice teas, and ya know how under the lid they have those little sayings. Well what makes it so weird is that I was questioning some things in my mind at the time dealing with my now ex girlfriend. The saying was...."if it is meant to be, it is up to me." And i totally agree with that. If this girl is that kick ass, and both of you "felt" the energy, then it is totally up to you. And if things work out well, both parents should think it is cool...
thats just my thoughts on the situation. Don't let distance be an issue...long distance relationship can work...it just takes a lot more patience, and a lot more communication. Wish you the best of luck.
Old 08-12-2002, 05:32 PM   #3
spoogenet

If you don't, you could be depriving yourself of the chance to spend the rest of your life with "the one."

If you do, and things don't work out, well, they didn't work out. When I hear your story I can't help but to think of Romeo & Juliet, although their families were enemies, yours friends.....but that aside, it sounds similar. Just don't kill yourself.

You can live your life wondering what's at the end of the rainbow, or you can live your life knowing is at the end.....

Whatever you decide, don't look back and regret what you did. You'll probably make the right choice either way.

b
Old 08-12-2002, 07:13 PM   #4
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

Just go for it!!

-and good luck
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
2000Pimpinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 07:22 PM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i'd say go for it !!!

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 07:29 PM   #6
mt.biker

when i started reading this i thought you'd tell me your families were related. But seeing how there is no blood between you two, i dont see what the big problem is. Well the only problem is the fact that both parents are gonna be talking about the two of you together.

Dude give her a ring first to see if she felt the same way. If she does feel the same way, close the distance dude! I see no problem here but your willingness to go the distance.

If its ment to be it will work out in the end, dont be discouraged but a little bump in the road like distance.
Old 08-13-2002, 01:38 AM   #7
bootstrap

well its not love at first site, you've known her your entire life.... anyway, i guess keep in touch with her, and if you move closer for an extended period of time in the future mabye a relationship is a possibility
Old 08-13-2002, 01:39 AM   #8
bootstrap

oh yeah, and if not, mabye you can **** her pretty little brains out w/o commitment.. man that'd be sweet..
Old 08-13-2002, 08:13 AM   #9
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

If you dont do something, you could regret this one your whole life.

Long distance relationships are hard. But if its meant to be then you both will find a way to work it out. I agree with the other guys, stay in touch with her and try to work something out.
Old 08-14-2002, 10:50 AM   #10
Zybach

Go for it!!
Old 08-14-2002, 11:28 AM   #11
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

and if it dosnt work.. at least you tried, that way you cant hate yourself for not trying

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 03:35 PM   #12
bootstrap

just rape her mouth
Old 08-14-2002, 05:43 PM   #13
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

lol you sick bastard

Go for it man... not the raping.. the other thing.. what everyone but bootstrap said lol

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:
Anonymous: Yea but a car has 4 heads, so it's headers!

Me: Or.. you could say that a car has one head...
TonitrusEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 04:17 AM   #14
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by bootstrap
oh yeah, and if not, mabye you can **** her pretty little brains out w/o commitment.. man that'd be sweet..

just rape her mouth

Disrespect her like that again, and I'll remove your arms.

**UPDATE**

So I made sure to get her e-mail address before she left. We're in the new millenium now, right? Anyways, I figured it wouldn't be as awkward or creepy as asking for her number. She gave it to me, but added that she NEVER checks it more than once a month (How can you possibly live like that?!). I've written her twice since she left, and she responded both times, within 24 hours. I know, I know- it's a completely childish thing to get excited about, but hey, it means I'm important and she's excited to hear from me, right?

Of course, being the chicken shit that I am, I haven't brought up any serious "issues at hand." I told everyone how much we had to drink, and I'm a little worried that the alcohol was influencing her actions. 95% of the females I know are at least "clingy" (if not horny!) drunks, and her e-mails definitely have a friendly tone, but I can't tell how much more is there. If there is more there , it's subtle. If there isn't more there, I'm reading too much into it.

I feel like I'm acting like a school girl with a crush. Someone please smack me around a little bit.
Old 08-15-2002, 07:39 AM   #15
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Sorry man, its funny but its not.. The only way your going to find out the real truth is to just ask. It will save you some time and possibly heartache if you let it go to far to find out the truth isnt what you were hoping it was.

Hope that makes a little bit of sense.
Old 08-15-2002, 07:41 AM   #16
mt.biker

*smack*

ok good your talking to over the net, now get a number. Dont bring up how you feel in an email. I personally think its gonna be taken the wrong way or shes gonna reply with something your gona get confused by.

At least over the phone you can hear a tone in her voice. Next email you send her ask for her number, but whatever you do dont tell her how much you like her,love her yada yada yada... you get the idea.

Try it over the phone dude!
Old 08-15-2002, 10:22 AM   #17
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

whatever you do don't use the email to tell her how you feel about her. she might think that you are not mature enough to carry this conversation in person with her ( i've learned this the hard way). also i'd say do it as soon as possible

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 10:40 AM   #18
incubus86

what would totally blow her away...
1. get her number.
2. Buy yourself a ticket to go see her. Find out from your parents where she lives so you can just show up at her house.
3. Call her when you are almost to her house and tell her that you are thinking about her, and want to know whats up.
4. knock on the door to her place while talking to her on the phone.
5. Flowers in hand, tell her whats going on in your mind. Tell her pretty much everything that you told us in the post that started this thread.

This will show her that you have the guts to confess what you are feeling, and also prove that you are willing to act on those feelings.
Old 08-15-2002, 11:36 AM   #19
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

I think Incubus is right man.. that would blow her mind, and prove that you are a man, and not a boy with a childhood crush, go for it bro .... unless your like me and have to work 129038123908 days a week

*hangs himself*:o

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:
Anonymous: Yea but a car has 4 heads, so it's headers!

Me: Or.. you could say that a car has one head...
TonitrusEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 09:29 PM   #20
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by incubus86
what would totally blow her away...
1. get her number.
2. Buy yourself a ticket to go see her. Find out from your parents where she lives so you can just show up at her house.
3. Call her when you are almost to her house and tell her that you are thinking about her, and want to know whats up.
4. knock on the door to her place while talking to her on the phone.
5. Flowers in hand, tell her whats going on in your mind. Tell her pretty much everything that you told us in the post that started this thread.

This will show her that you have the guts to confess what you are feeling, and also prove that you are willing to act on those feelings.

that sounds cool and i would personally do that with a girl i knew alot better then it sounds like he knows her.

But i think this would blow her mind so much she might think your ****ed up... maybe i'm all wrong i love the idea and it sounds dam rooooooomantic. I think though its alittle over kill. just call the dam girl
Old 08-15-2002, 09:33 PM   #21
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Josh, if I were you I'd just go for it..
If you really sure she's right for ya, then F*** the rest!

I dunno about you, but in my world, it doesnt happen too often that I'm chilling with a girl who is potentially right for me..

life is too short to play those type of games.
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 09:38 PM   #22
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord Man
life is too short to play those type of games.
and if she plays games dont waste your time on her.. girls that play games are as good as dumped in my books. Playing games is all fun until someone breaks a heart.
Old 08-19-2002, 12:09 AM   #23
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

This isn't one of those "I know she's THE ONE!!!" kind of things. I think it's impossible to tell after one night. I'm just saying I had an incredible time with this girl. So I think until I go out and visit, I'm gonna keep things casual- no psycho dude showing up on her doorstep with an engagement ring. E-mail occasionally, call her a couple days a week- thank god for free long distance on my cel phone! Then when I go out to see her- have a good time, go with no expectations, and come back with no regrets.

LOL- just remembered- we went to Dave and Buster's, and they had a "photo morpher" (anyone seen "If They Mated," on Conan O'Brien?). Here we are, making faces at the camera, and our hypothetical African American child, if we mated (Note the "For Amusement Only" advisory in the lower right!):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spawnofsatan3.jpg (22.2 KB, 47 views)
Old 09-15-2002, 10:11 PM   #24
ZeroAccess

update?
now I'm all interested...

Something of a Soap Opera lol
I need a life
Old 09-15-2002, 10:15 PM   #25
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by ZeroAccess
update?
now I'm all interested...

Something of a Soap Opera lol
I need a life

that makes two of us!
Old 09-18-2002, 08:04 AM   #26
cutiepy701

LMMFAO....OMF that picture is hilarious....well I got to the thread late, but I would continue to talk to her and maybe mention how she felt when she was here, did she have a good time?? yada yada.... If you felt like you connected that strongly with her, then don't pass up the chance. Anything is possible as long as you try.
Old 09-18-2002, 08:04 AM   #27
cutiepy701

LMMFAO....OMF that picture is hilarious....well I got to the thread late, but I would continue to talk to her and maybe mention how she felt when she was here, did she have a good time?? yada yada.... If you felt like you connected that strongly with her, then don't pass up the chance. Anything is possible as long as you try.
Old 09-18-2002, 03:51 PM   #28
juvenile

for some weird reason this whole time I thought you were a chic.
And before I saw the pic...I'm like..umm damn 2 chics...ooohhh

sorry
anyways, I don't think I'm going to play the broken record and repeat what others said.
Just follow your heart and what you feel is right. A lot fo the time that's what you end up doing anyways!
Old 09-20-2002, 03:01 PM   #29
Moxie6

lemme tell you a lil story ....

i really liked this guy for a while. At the time i had a b/f so i really couldn't persue it, i felt like it was cheating if i even talked to him. I felt all gitty and got the butterfly feeling when i was around him so i knew something was up. Fortuntly, *i know it's mean to think of it this way but, eh* my b/f at the time and i got in a fight and when i didn't have anyone to talk to about it, he was there. I am a very to myself person when it comes to my feelings. I let him in and told him EVERYTHING, putting aside my feelings for him. We talked for hours, as you did with her.

My b/f and i eventually broke up because he had met someone else. I had put off my feelings for this guy out of respect for my b/f. For what, to get shot down.

I called him *nick is his name* and we talked all night, about stupid stuff. About me and my ex, about life, about love. Come to find out that he was dating someone. I was crushed. I should have taken it when it was available. I didn't give up tho, we still talked and i eventually got to the point that i was not going to hide my feeling for him again.

we went out on a date and it was PERFECT. He's was so sweet. he still had a g/f tho, and they were on the rocks so i made the decision to be there for him the way he was for me. IT WORKED!!

They broke up because she wasn't there for him the way he wanted her to be. But, I WAS!!!! We went out again, and hooked up.

we've been together for almost a year!! Things aren't so great now, he's a big control freak and is very protective. He doesn't want what happened with the last one to happen to this one. I love him to death but .... well i'll make my own post for that!!!

bottom line is, there's no hurt in trying. If worse comes to worse, you can always be friends!!! Hope everything works out!!

c ya
MOX
Old 09-23-2002, 12:47 PM   #30
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

Honestly, not a lot to update on.

I talk to her on the phone a couple times a week, and e-mail maybe 2-3 times. We're just kinda talking. She's coming out to visit over Christmas break, and we're probably meeting up for Spring Break. We're both in college, so we kinda don't have the time for a whole lot more than that. On top of that, she's headed for Australia in April for her student teaching.

Like I said- whatever. No expectations, no regrets. Just have fun.
Old 09-23-2002, 06:43 PM   #31
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally posted by 2ndGenTeg

Disrespect her like that again, and I'll remove your arms.

Someone please smack me around a little bit.

Dude, just come out and tell her how you feel...what's the worst that could happen, she won't feel the same way? Is she doesn't , oh well move on...they'll be more. If she does, then look what you have gained.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 11:47 PM   #32
bootstrap

well 2ndgen just fell into the "friend-zone", not the "slut-zone" that other cockwhore moxie was talking about
Old 09-30-2002, 11:54 PM   #33
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

bootstrap...one word for you....Prozac
Old 10-01-2002, 12:01 AM   #34
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally posted by AccordinStyle
bootstrap...one word for you....Prozac

hey, just kidding....you just seem a little high strung.....
Old 10-14-2002, 11:58 PM   #35
Ticket2ride21

bootstrap...you think your almost funny with the whole "rape her mouth" comment but it's funny when i catch up with people like you. The last guy i caught up with like that lost 4 teeth to me...and also cost him some broken ribs and if memory serves me correct...he never susessfully landed a hit.

as for the dude in love...look...your either gonna do it or not...make up your mind. there is no halfway or "ill just e mail her". NO. It's simple. You show intrest...she shows intrest. you should talk. Find out how she feels...though i shall warn you...long distance relationships (and yes...1600 miles is one LONG DISTANCE relationship) are hard to keep. My advice..dont make a commitment to eachother...just make an agreement to keep eachother in your future and hope for a good shot!

~David
Old 10-16-2002, 08:28 AM   #36
nittanys1
2nd Gear

man that picture sure is funny.... I'd say to tell her what your thinking and to hope for the best

also why do you have the girl in you signature...i too thought I was reading about two girls getting freaky....
nittanys1 is offline   Reply With Quote