::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2002, 10:39 PM   #1
musa1982

Need help on installing new speakers.

I have a 93 accord LX(sedan). My factory speakers blew out so i purchased 2 pairs of 6 1/2 speakers. I was trying to install them yesterday, but i couldnt get the door panel off of my car. This is my 1st time installing car audio equipment, so i am a little confused. Basically, what i did was uncsrew all of the screws & unhooked the door light and power window connectors. When i try to remove the door panel, it doesnt completely come off. The top part refuses to budge, and i am not able to install my speakers. I dont see any screws in that area, so i dont know how to release it. Also, i tried to see what was behind it, but my panel doesnt come off enough for me to see under it. I have searched the web as well, but couldnt find a site that has info. on this. If anyone knows what is causing this, please let me know. If you know of any websites that shows how to install speakers in an accord(front and rear speakers), please post the link. I have been without music for a month now and it sucks.

thanks a lot!
Old 10-16-2002, 10:19 AM   #2
nittanys1
2nd Gear

well if you have gotten all of the pop tabs un popped you should be able to pull out and lift up the panel....here is a website http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs/Honda/Accord.html
nittanys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 10:20 AM   #3
nittanys1
2nd Gear

there is a tech forum there...they may be able to give you more help...
nittanys1 is offline   Reply With Quote