Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2002, 03:22 PM   #1
HKSaccord

How this system sound?

2 JL Audio 12in W7's
3 Phoenix Gold zx600ti 2 Channel Amps (600Wx1 to each sub then 300Wx2 to each sub)
Pioneer DEH-P930 head unit.

---Do you think that with those to amps it will be enough to hit pretty hard with the w7's?
Old 04-04-2002, 03:29 AM   #2
98AcoordBoomBox

I could be wrong, but that doesn't sound like a very good way to wire the amps, just in the fact that i think it might be bad on the woofers. You could maybe go with 2 bigger amps, like maybe the Phoenix Gold Tantrum 1000.1 or something like that but i think your best bet is to have one amp powering both subs, or one amp on each sub, cause you have to be careful when you start hooking up two amps, because there could be differences in the power outputs and different stuff like that even if they are the same model. Sorry I'm not more technical about it, but those subs should be awesome. Again i could be totally wrong about it, but from what i've heard two amps powering one sub is a bad idea.

actually you could maybe just get like 2 JL 1000/1 amps. any good luck and sorry this is such a long post.
Old 04-04-2002, 12:17 PM   #3
HKSaccord

No problem tha helped a little bit, I get confused all the time about wiring amps to subs. But I think the W7 maxes out at 10,000W and that would only be 900 to each sub. Is it a problem with that or with just hooking up 2 amps to one sub. I'll check out the JL audio amp.
Old 04-04-2002, 08:57 PM   #4
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

whoa, there's quiet a bit of confusion in here. .

Giving much more than 1500w rms to a 12W7 is asking for major trouble.. Especially if you listen to big bass.

I'd find an amp that could feed them 1000w rms each.

Are you a pure SQ fan? If so, I'd much rather go with an IDMAX.

Oh, and you might have read a lot of BS on the net regarding the awesome capacity of the W7.. Dont believe too much of it, cause its just a sub like any other of the high end stuff.

Hope this helped.
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 09:56 PM   #5
HKSaccord

I met this one kid who was running 2 10" W7's off of a 1000W amp and he said he was hooking up 3 more 1000W amps to the two sub, I thought that was a little odd. Im looking into the MA audio Hard Kore 12" and Synergy 12", what do you think about those. If I get those I want to run 2 MA Audio SY5011DX (1500W) amps, 1 to each sub.
Old 04-04-2002, 10:54 PM   #6
98AcoordBoomBox

I just remembered one more thing that JL 1000/1 amp isn't available till may of this year, so i guess that isn't too far away now.
Old 04-05-2002, 05:15 PM   #7
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

umm, I guess you friend wants to blow up his 10w7's..

MA is ok, but their quality still isnt top notch.. Seeing that you are aiming for show, I'd get 1 DD 9515. And feed it 2500+ watts.

That should impress people quiet easily. Promise!
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 04:09 AM   #8
Maxvla

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord Man
That should impress people quiet easily. Promise!

impress people definately not quiet easily... lol

whoa... ive missed some mindboggling conversation in here...

why on earth do you hook up three amps like that????

gimme a pair of Zapco C2K 9.0 XD's and call it a day...
sweet amps and good quality. those will push 2200W all day long. (well maybe not all day but you get the point)
Old 04-08-2002, 04:19 PM   #9
HKSaccord

I wrote that I was looking into the 12'' Ma audio synergys hooked up to two MA audio amps,not the W7s anymore.
Old 04-08-2002, 08:28 PM   #10
Maxvla

ah didnt see that... ok.
check those zapco's though. they kick arse.
Old 04-16-2002, 03:39 AM   #11
black95gs-t

judging by your first post it sounds like you've got quite a bit of money. personally if i had that much i would go with MMATS. they are a really kickass amp and if by some off chance they are not loud enough, highly unlikely, you can send them back to MMATS and have them rebuilt with increased power. alot of the top competitors you see in the USAC and IASCA that aren't sponsored sellouts use these amps. good luck

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

"Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!" Mycivicjust8u
black95gs-t is offline   Reply With Quote