::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2003, 03:47 PM   #1
aboynamedmoose

Homelink Remote system

Anyone have any idea how to program the Homelink remote system? How do you get to it in the car? Do you just pry off the light cover in the roof? Are there frequency tabs you can adjust to match the frequency of your home automatic garage doors. I have old, old garage doors, will they work? Any help or detailed info on how to do it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 02-13-2003, 09:00 PM   #2
eviljayr

whoa, garage door opener?!?!? i just know cars (if that) did your car come with this?? i dont really know of them and i dont think they are part of a factory install but i'm probably wrong
Old 02-13-2003, 10:59 PM   #3
DumbMoFo

Were they even putting Homelink on the 99 Accord?

As far as programming the thing, you would need your old controller and your manual. It explains in there how to teach Homelink the codes for the opener.
Old 02-14-2003, 01:34 AM   #4
unrealii

http://www.garagedoorsbyjd.com/homelink.htm

It's a factory option on cars, I dont think it would be an easy install if you were to do it yourself.
Old 02-14-2003, 01:21 PM   #5
bomb28

my honda 99 v6 ex has the homelink in it. when i move into my new condo with garage parking, i'm going program it.
Old 02-15-2003, 12:30 PM   #6
DumbMoFo

I've already programmed part of my homelink system. I love it. I just need to convince the folks at work to get the ADT system with the homelink receiver so I can turn off the alarm from the car, instead of punching in the code when I get in.
Old 02-15-2003, 01:47 PM   #7
aboynamedmoose

I figured it out guys. Thanks for your help, it is for my g/f's car, i Just hope if we were to ever break up she doesn't go psycho and steal everything.