::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2003, 06:18 PM   #1
94_accord_lx

Car Troubles

well, as the title suggests, i have some problems with my car. I had the thing in park and the engine just cut off. like, it just shut down. Now, my question is what the hell is the problem. Im thinking it might be the fuel pump. I checked the bettery and the timing belt and both are fine. a freind of mine said that it might be the kill switch (i dont think its that but just felt like pointing it out), is he possibly right. i drive a 94 accord lx automatic (I know, I know..) and any advice as to whats wrong would be greatly appreciated. thanks y'all, peace.
Old 02-11-2003, 06:27 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

you put the car in park and it shut down by itslef ? any check engine lights ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 06:29 PM   #3
94_accord_lx

nothing at all man. everything on the gauges was normal.
Old 02-11-2003, 06:31 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

did it start afterwards ? if u try to crank it do u have spark ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 06:35 PM   #5
94_accord_lx

nah, it doesnt start at all, its essentially crippled
Old 02-11-2003, 07:57 PM   #6
94_accord_lx

yeah, and i just rememberred something. The day before this happenned I remember the steering wheel was shaking when i was going on the highway. It was subtle, but this never, ever happened beforehand. maybe this could help u guys out in figuring whats wrong with my ride. thanks
Old 02-11-2003, 10:03 PM   #7
eviljayr

how much gas do you have in the tank right now? and you didnt completely answer hondaman's question: do you get a spark?
Old 02-12-2003, 11:14 AM   #8
94_accord_lx

the tank is full, and yeah, i got a spark.
Old 02-12-2003, 11:51 AM   #9
eviljayr

hmm, it might be fuel pump but let me talk to a few pwople and see if theres anything else.
Old 02-12-2003, 01:00 PM   #10
94_accord_lx

thanks man, if it isnt asking too much can u also check out about the shaking steering wheel. i got a feeling that they are connected somehow.
Old 02-13-2003, 03:43 PM   #11
eviljayr

ok, the kill switch is something i'll have to get back to you about cuz my cousin wasn't to sure. All cars have the gas shutoff for when you crash it nasty and you wont fuk yourself up and turn on the car again after the crash and start a fire or blow up. It also RARELY goes off when you hit really nasty bump but it should happen then, not at a later time while your car is idling. I found it in my dad's old van's Manual and you could reset the shutoff yourself. I looked in the Honda manual and i cant find sh|t, neither in chiltons, so if anyone could help on that, it would be nice. Also it could be more than just the fuel pump and it's not something to mess with if your not sure whats wrong. You might as well get someone to look at it. What i'm confused with is why aren't you getting a check engine light?

Sorry i didnt notice your shaking wheel post, when he calls back, i'll ask him.
Old 02-13-2003, 07:33 PM   #12
94_accord_lx

aight, thnx for the info man. I wasnt planning on touching the pump neways cause i looked up sometings on the net bout it and its wayyyy too complicated for me to take care of. write back as soon as possible and thanks again for the info. peace