::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2002, 08:57 PM   #1
Wren57

Stupid fun in the rain!

Well guys, it poured rain last night into early this morning... after it stopped, I had some fun... I was driving my girlfriends 98 jeep grand cherokee... from a roll of about 10mph, punching it downshifts into first and sends you sideways like crazy (v6 engine, rwd)... we had lots of fun doing that (on uncrowded streets)... later tonight I had a bit of fun with another 4.6L mustang (they just dont learn, do they?), and while we were having a little tug of war for road a nice lt1 z28 joined us... good fun, and I kept up very well (beat gt and lost to z28 by a little bit)... and dont worry, we didnt get above 90mph and by then the streets had mostly dried and was no traffic on the roads we were on
Old 12-19-2002, 11:27 PM   #2
guywithastang

My 4.6 says "bring it, so I can layeth the smacketh down!"

You say VTEC, I say V-8
guywithastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 09:20 AM   #3
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

jeeps use a i6... and i dunno if you could beat a gt.... but good kill.. guess it wsa a bad stang driver.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 12:02 PM   #4
firstgeardude

sounds like a lot of fun
Old 12-21-2002, 12:00 AM   #5
Wren57

Well if ur 4.6 is decently and wisely modded, you could take me, i'm not saying i can take well-modded 4.6s... and yes, I *DID beat the GT (had 19" chrome rims and dual flowmasters only mods visible), and ive beaten quite a few before and posted on here, so stop with the shitty driver crap, I got an automatic and few drivers shift worse than that... if anyone feels like challenging me, I'm willing to drive up to 80 miles from Memphis to run anyone on this board who would like to prove me wrong...
Old 12-21-2002, 01:13 AM   #6
drdingo21

So the stock jeep with the 5.9 v8 (which you don't have) Runs a 15.2@ 88.7 goes 0-60 in 6.8 sec.and weighs 4000lbs and has 245 hp and 345 of torque (BTW those specs are form the 5.9 liter V8, which you said you have a v6 which is the 4.0 so your times are actually higher and the hp figures are lower..)

Beat a mustang that runs a 14.5 1/4, 0-60 in 5.9 seconds...(notice a full second faster than the enigine that is bigger and more powerful than yours) Not to metion weighs about 3300lbs and is pushing 260 hp with 302 ft. lbs of torque.??

Did i get that right? You beat a car that is faster than yours? and it wasn't bad driving huh? Did he know you were racing?

My advice would be not to waste yor gas driving 80 miles just to get your ass spanked...
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 01:15 AM   #7
Wren57

No... I wasnt in the jeep when i raced the mustang and the camaro... i was in my car... sorry for being unclear
Old 12-21-2002, 01:19 AM   #8
drdingo21

dude my gfs dad drives a 2002 highlander and im pretty sure it can't beat a gt...ill reserach before i say it can't but im almost postive...

*edit* yea here they run a 16.7, and a 8.8 sec 0-60 time...
Old 12-21-2002, 01:20 AM   #9
Wren57

Ok we've been over this before... its not stock...
Old 12-21-2002, 01:21 AM   #10
drdingo21

Quote:
Originally posted by highlander
chill i don't follow your every post so i don't know.

and your sig says basic mods, which to me is air intake and maybe exhast, is that right? You cut 2 seconds off your time with those?
Old 12-21-2002, 01:24 AM   #11
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:

I know you've told me before, but I don't feel like searching for the info.

What have you done again and what do you run?

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 01:25 AM   #12
drdingo21

Re: Stupid fun in the rain!

Quote:
Well guys, it poured rain last night into early this morning... after it stopped, I had some fun... I was driving my girlfriends 98 jeep grand cherokee... from a roll of about 10mph, punching it downshifts into first and sends you sideways like crazy (v6 engine, rwd)... we had lots of fun doing that (on uncrowded streets)... later tonight I had a bit of fun with another 4.6L mustang (they just dont learn, do they?), and while we were having a little tug of war for road a nice lt1 z28 joined us... good fun, and I kept up very well (beat gt and lost to z28 by a little bit)... and dont worry, we didnt get above 90mph and by then the streets had mostly dried and was no traffic on the roads we were on
I just noticed you said you lost to the z by a little bit? I gurantee you my moms z would put bus legths on your highlander unless your runnin 8+psi of boost.

Last edited by drdingo21 : 12-21-2002 at 01:31 AM.
Old 12-21-2002, 01:27 AM   #13
Wren57

um how did I say I beat the z... read the post again

"beat gt and lost to z28 by a little bit"... id say maybe 2 car lengths, not a lot...
Old 12-21-2002, 01:30 AM   #14
drdingo21

yea i ment to say that, but i was trying to type and the phone was ringing, she just turned 21 and tonight was her first night in a bar.... and she was calling to let me know she got home...
Old 12-21-2002, 01:32 AM   #15
Wren57

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
I know you've told me before, but I don't feel like searching for the info.

What have you done again and what do you run?

hmm heres the *short list*
2.5" cat-back exhaust magnaflow dual-chamber muffler (small resonator to keep sound smooth)

custom tubing leading to k&n filter behind slits cut in fog-light hole cover

16" motegi mr7s (much lighter than stock)

dont remember exactly, but think 245/55/16 bridgestone potenza re950 tires (wide, shorter for shorter gearing)

a few other little things, but nothing special

not that it makes any difference, but i change the fluids out like crazy... twice as much as recommended...

yeah thats about it... last i was at the track was low 16, but that was in summer and i need to go back now that its sub-50 outside...
Old 12-21-2002, 01:34 AM   #16
Wren57

well ur mom's z must be a fast car then... if i had 8+psi id be running upwards of 350hp/tq on awd system... i prob would keep my highlander if it were manual, but the stock auto tranny cant handle that much power and i dont feel like spending a ton of money on a highlander... it'll get me by til i get my "real" car
Old 12-21-2002, 01:36 AM   #17
Wren57

Oh... side-note, that 16 was with all kinds of shit in my car... I don't believe in stripping ur car of stuff to make a run, kinda defeats the purpose of seeing how fast it goes during everyday commute...
Old 12-21-2002, 02:05 AM   #18
drdingo21

well, the car runs mid 13s... so it wouldn't put bus lengths on ya but it would none the less beat you. Wehn you first posted you said you lost my a little bit which to means you were at his door...

But the camaro doesn't matter, Your 16 1/4 mile isn't fast enough for a stock gt. That was my main point.

And i have been trying to talk her dad into doing some stuff to that car! what was the best bang for the buck that you did?
Old 12-21-2002, 03:06 AM   #19
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I'm gonna have to call BS on that too...a Highlander weighs what...maybe 4000+ lbs and makes a (stock) whopping 220hp (that's from Toyota's own website)? Given your mods I'll give you maybe 230-240hp and trust me, those wheels and tires don't do dick to make it quicker (except for the tires, they're decent rolling stock and might let you hook a little quicker). But anyway, you wanna put that against a 3600lb 260hp GT and say you'll win? Granted you always have to take the driver into consideration and I'm willing to conceide that this guy drove like ass, but even an automatic Mustang would make you buy him lunch. And an LT1 Z28 would've made you his ***** by much more than two car lengths. I don't mean to flame you, but if you're gonna make stuff up, keep it legitimate. Now if we're talking a 190hp V6 Mustang then maybe you've got a deal, but you can forget a GT. But hey, you can still have fun sliding around in the rain.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 04:11 PM   #20
Wren57

Nah, it was a GT... its fine if you call BS, I wouldnt believe it myself, but please don't magazine race... the new GTs do beat me considerably, but the old 4.6s don't... the chrome rims I'm sure slowed him down a ton... basically I have no reason to lie on here, I'm a regular and am not out to try to impress anyone, just thought I'd share a story... I will be the first to admit my car isn't that fast, just happens that it was a tad faster than the stang, thats all...

If you do talk to her dad, I suggest this, because this is what I did and it makes a tremendous difference. The stock toyota airflow in the highlander is crap, its struggling to breathe... I ran 2.5" piping to the back, and with the non-restrictive muffler it flows air like a mofo... also my intake setup does crazy things for the car: it is quite labor intensive, but worth it! If her dad doesn't have fog lights, remove the fender well from the drivers side front and remove the fog light hole cover and cut the back off so air flows through... next remove the battery and fuse box... now u have access to ur airbox and where it sucks air from... cut all this out and get 3" or larger tubing to run from ur throttle body all the way down to the slits in the cover you cut earlier... then just stick a barrell K&N down there, cut holes for all the sensors and vacuum lines in the tube, seal the holes, and you are set!
Old 12-21-2002, 06:17 PM   #21
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

im sorry... it HAS to be driver... i "lost" to a 96 lt1 vette by about 1/2 a car. it was auto, my friend was driving it, its his dads. he never went much past 75% throttle, and never really nailed it. he did it just because he didnt feel like wasting more gas than he had to. i also do the same. (19mpg from a 4 cyl is kinda rough)

also by saying that you dont strip your car so you know what it does on the street is... well... BS. the track surface and the street surface are sooo different its not even funny. theres such a world of differences.

coming from experience.. when someone in a SUV, civic, anything else tries to race me, i do one of 2 things.. pace them.. holding myself 1/2 a car in front of them just to toy with them, or not race them. remeber when you have a car with power(those flowmasters on the mustang added more power than your intake/exaust combo... trust me) you can go easy and still beat people. i really didnt wana bust your balls over this, because i know how good i feel if i beat a car i know is racing when i thought i'd loose, but you have to remeber, you drive an SUV, and no one thinks your going to race. its not a car designed for speed. personaly wouldnt race you if i had no clue you did any work to your car... i'd shrug it off.

this is the same senario as me saying i beat a ferrari. they run high 12's low 13's stock... i run 15.0 stock, and have enough mods to drop me .75-1 second off my time. if i posted about how i beat a ferrari.. i'd get more BS flags than i needed to start my own country.

please dont take this as me being an ass.. im just telling you my veiws.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 12:08 AM   #22
Wren57

Well, nothing I can do to prove it, so oh well... guess I will just start taking a video camera with me everywhere... I knew I shouldda gotten a digicamcorder for christmas... oh well maybe I will just buy it for myself...
Old 12-22-2002, 05:38 PM   #23
ford50forlife
4th Gear

ehhe i wish we lived closer together so i could run you in my 4.slow then in my moms 3.8 auto stock mustang... i guarentee you after the 1-2shift @50 (AND THE 1foot patch of RUBBER [YES IT BARKS GEARS STOCK]) that it would be INTTERESTING, not saying win or lose just interesting

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
ford50forlife is offline   Reply With Quote