::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > New Kid on the Block
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2003, 09:19 PM   #1
Sharx

Hey

Hey. Well I just bought a 1990 Honda CRX with a B16A1 engine in it. I figure 150-something hp to the wheels, and I was wondering the best way to get 200-220 hp...? My goal with the CRX is to smoke a 2003 Mustang GT... I have a Nitrous kit w/out bottle or jets any advice?
Old 07-09-2003, 03:19 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Welcome to HS

I guess the easiest way would be for you to complete the nitrous kit and you'll be there. If you're looking for more permanent solutions, look into FI.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 04:56 PM   #3
ef9civic

Re: Hey

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharx
Hey. Well I just bought a 1990 Honda CRX with a B16A1 engine in it. I figure 150-something hp to the wheels, and I was wondering the best way to get 200-220 hp...? My goal with the CRX is to smoke a 2003 Mustang GT... I have a Nitrous kit w/out bottle or jets any advice?

The best way would be build your motor and turbo. That would put you well over 200hp. although if your looking for a cheap alternative just complete the nitrous system and be sure to properly build it for the nitrous setup because I have a 99 civic show car that I put on the bottle about 2 years ago and I didn't properly build it, and to make a long story short I messed up a lot of stuff btw your swap should be pushing 170hp stock and w/ out A/C it'll be pushing 175-180. I'm guessing it probably has a cat-back or some kind of custom exhaust system so add 12-15hp. Does it have any aftermarket mods? I/H/E ? You might be closer to 200hp than you think. I have the same swap in a 91 civic hb and I think I push well over 200, probably 250hp or close to it but I have a lot of aftermarket mods also. Little stuff helps to like change your plug wires, plugs, and maybe some injectors and an aem fuel rail. There's so many ways to reach 200hp with that setup just find out what better fits you and do it up