::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Interior Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2002, 05:11 AM   #1
gee

remote keyless entry

Does anyone have experience installing an aftermarket remote keyless entry system? I know they have em for the accord LX, but I was just wondering how they turn out. Is it difficult to install yourself? My keyhole has all these little scratches around it... pisses me off..

-gee
Old 05-10-2002, 08:39 AM   #2
spoogenet

I would suggest that you get an alarm with keyless entry rather than simply keyless entry. Just my $.02.

For the alarm, get it professionally installed.

If you do go keyless entry only, then I dunno. It probably isn't too difficult to install yourself.

b

(edit) I would suggest you also switch this thread over to the 12V and Security forum to get Brandon's attention....it's more appropriate for that forum than this one.
Old 05-12-2002, 09:59 PM   #3
azn_nite_ryder

with all that work you might as well just install an alarm while your at it... its easier.....

and if you do its better to get a shop to do it.... they know the best mounting places of max effectiveness...
Old 05-20-2002, 10:27 PM   #4
4jacks

I did mine... I bought an alarm/remote starter/keyless entry thing... it's not too bad of an install I just hooked up the keyless entry part ... if you don't mind being upside and backwards in your seat staring up under your dash trying to hook this tiny wires. Brandon hooked me up with the wire diagram I needed, and you just follow the instructions... blue wire goes to this wire.. yadda yadda yadda... Just get the system, I got mine off ebay cheap... get the instructions, get the wire diagram.. if you can't find all the wire, have someone else do it.

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote