::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Interior Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2002, 01:20 PM   #1
NCSTYLE

vinyl seats

Has anyone wraped there own seats in vinyl. How would i go about this gut the seats or just wrap them up ideas oe web sited would help. Thanks
Old 08-05-2002, 02:20 PM   #2
ShEaNy

well i know people who have had it done....u take it to a shop who does the customizing...there basically going to take off the cloth..and just re wrap it in the vynal with padding underwneath OR they can just wrap it over ur cloth interior..thats the best way to do it...lot easier...but ur arse might slide a little when turning..its not a huge deal though... if ur doing it ur self just take the seats out..it should only be some nuts and bolts holding it to the mounts....
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 01:04 PM   #3
Whtehnda93DXSdn
It has 4 Doors...

well I have a freind that did his seats himself. I have yet to see a link on the web on a DIY for this but I know he took the seat apart completely. Once that was done he took the pieces that made up the seat and traced and cut out in vinyl the pieces to match. Once that was done he began to sew it back together and reapply the vinyl to the seat. It came out looking good for a home job.

if you can't sew or anythign you are probably better jst taking your seats to a shop and have them do it.

Hope this might help you a bit...
Old 08-31-2002, 02:16 PM   #4
azn_nite_ryder

well if money is a big issue for you and you took home economics (LOL) class you should eb fine doing it yourself...
but if you could it would be ideal to have a professional do it... the end product is real crazy... i'll post up the pics of my seats once i have them developed then you guys can tell me if it was professinal or not...LOL
Old 09-05-2002, 10:02 PM   #5
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

HEY JUST HAVE YOUR MOM SEW IT FOR YA! All moms can sew, its a fact. Im sure that she would do it for ya at a cheaper price than a shop. If you measure and cut, she'd probably sew it. At least I think mine would lol.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote