::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Interior Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2003, 08:10 PM   #1
clanracer

neons and tint

so im just curious to know if anyone knows the laws in ohio regarding neons. like what colors and places are illegal and such.

Also tint laws would be helpful to know if anyone has them or knows a wesite with them .

thanx
Old 05-13-2003, 08:36 PM   #2
pimpinprelude

i know the laws for all the U.S is that for the neons, you cant have red, or blue... and for georgia the tint law is that, if you look thu both windows you should be able to see all the way thu both of them..... idk what it is up there, but you can find a state site that has the laws.. good luck!

Last edited by pimpinprelude : 05-13-2003 at 08:39 PM.
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 11:02 PM   #3
Mischief(LTS)

the above is false: detailed descriptions as followed:

in all 50 United States: THe use of exterior neon lighting effects is for the sole purpose of show/offroad use. neons are not intended to be used while the car is in motion, reguardless of color.

While the car is in motion: the neons allowed for this are the ones that are classified as neons on the INSIDE of the car which do not obstruct the drivers view of the road (AKA mirrors and windows, etc) as far as colors go, the rule goes with any color.

While car is stopped: the use of interior OR exterior neon lights is permitted as long as the car is parked and the engine is off.

Why these laws exist?

these laws exist to keep driver confusion to a minimal. as most of you should know, the use of red and blue lights are ESPECIALLY a no-no because emergency vehicles such as ambulances, fire trucks and other emergency personnel use these colors to alert other drivers of a situation. driving with any neon under car kit is a bad idea. its for show, not for driving around like a moron with a glow under your car. you should have an orange, or flourescent flag on top of your car that says, look at me! i can be a cop magnet too!!!

so basically, dont have neon underglow on the outside of your car unless your car is parked. inside its ok, as long as its not obstructing your view (basicaly, if other people can see it from their car and its really noticeable) heres an example of my neon 100% legal setup...
this is part of my neons. the other stuff is behind vents giving a glow. you can sort of see the center one. but its alot more nmoticeable and i had side ones put in since the pic .....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg interiornight3.jpg (29.7 KB, 43 views)
Old 05-19-2003, 02:21 AM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

outside neons are legel in westlake OH and any color is legal on your car as long you don't have them blink. in North Olmsted it's a different story thou: a colored light on the front of your car besides white and amber gets your car impounded for good. the 2 citites that i talked about are next to eachother so you get the idea.

as for the tint: 50% all around.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 01:28 AM   #5
sc0rch

depends on where you live.........it's 45% government but %50 in ohio........you can getaway with 35% and neons.........do not have anything that blinks.......they arent as shitty about the underbody neons.......and no red and blue together.........but if the neons blink.....they'll pull you over in a heartbeat........also........the bulb in ohio........if you can see the bulb....it's illegal.......but only on the outside........actually a cop and a sherif just told me that.....

neon and tint laws are retarded.......if someone mistakes neons as an emergency vehicle then there prolly drunk and need pulled over anyway....Tint.....i think tint should be legal BUT......you must roll down the windows and put your hands on the outside of the car when pulled over......and it should be illegal to not have a working window crank or power window......if they are broken you should get a ticket for that.....but only if the tint laws wernt retarded.........why can a limo be completely tinted to 2%? and why can trucks have caps with no window in the back.......or vans with only 2 side windows and a windshield????? but i cant tint my back window to 20%