::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Interior Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2003, 04:24 PM   #1
CombatKit47

interior painting instructions?

does anyone have any good instructions on how to paint your cars interior? is there a website? i need something.
Old 01-09-2003, 05:43 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well i have something but it works only for the plastic

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 01:54 PM   #3
02CiviC

on my last car i actually used model car spray paint. and for the small stuff that needed detail i applied the paint with a very fine brush. but that only worked on plastic as well
Old 01-25-2003, 04:10 AM   #4
myself_included

To start, find some paint in the color of your choice. I would recommend using something not too glossy because it repels dust better, and will match the factory look better. Clean off all your pieces with hot soapy water and rinse them. If there are any large scratches, fill them with body filler or primer or something before you paint them. Once everything looks okay, set your pieces out and apply thin, even coats of paint about 10 minutes apart. Continue doing this until you have the surface sufficiently coated with paint(3-4 coats should do fine). After you are finished, allow the pieces 24 hours to dry before putting them back on your car. You can put them back on sooner, but 24 hours is a good idea so the paint will be fully cured. Once the paint has dried completely, buff the pieces out with a soft cloth to remove any excess material. Put the pieces into your car, and apply something like Finish 2001 to the pieces. This makes them a little more glossy, and matches the rest of your car better. Do NOT use Armor All because it will eat your paint.

and for your vents and console
For the plastic pieces:
(1) Remove pieces that you desire to paint
(2) Clean throughly
(3) Apply 2 coats of primer - waiting 5 minutes between par instructions
(4) Spray a - - t h i n - - coat of spray paint - yes, it will not look like it touched it but very barely, but have patience. BTW: definition of thin - no closer than 12 inches from the object. If you get to close, the paint will become thick and "ball up" on you
(5) Allow to dry for 7+ minutes depending on piece size - use own judgement
(6) Repeat steps 4 & 5 as many times as you want - personally, I probably did over 10 coats to ensure that I got every nook&cranny
(7) IMPORTANT STEP: let sit for 12-24 hours (this is probably the most difficult part because I know you want to rush and put the piece back in your ride and check it out) and after it is completely dry - go over it with a cloth
(7a) FOR A GLOSSY LOOK: add a coat or two of clear coat to your piece
(8) Put it back where it belongs.
Old 01-25-2003, 03:38 PM   #5
blind34_1

heres a site I found for int paitning
http://www.oretek.co.za/honda%20webp.../dashpaint.htm
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote