Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2002, 03:06 PM   #1
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Exclamation *budget system* For entertainment only!

Saw this on another board.

Someone's *budget system*..

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by SLAB:
heh...my setup consista of two 12" advent subs, aranged in an push/pull configuration...
it is powered br the scratch&dent Radioshack amp that puts out 50 watts RMS x2 (hey, it looks like ****, but it works )

the box was made by me, and it is a 13.5" cube, painted with spray-on pickup truck bed liner, and held to the car with a green bungee cord, then hooked to one of the latch points in the trunk

everythings wired correctly, and i have it so the amp wont turn on without the car on...(as not to drain the battery while playing the radio while parked)

i used a heavy-duty orande out-door extension cors as a power wire (three 12GA. wires together is FINE ) then i used 22GA wire for the pre-amp signal....the REM. line s connected to pin #4 of the power harness on the back of the radio....(stock HU) i fabricated plug pins that neatly clip on to the rear of the HU to get my pre-amp outputs without using an adapter....

i paid $18 per sub @ brandsmart, about $7 foe wire, and $20 for the amp.....(forgot wood...add $10)

this was quite cheap, and it sounds really good

im happy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote