::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2002, 01:45 PM   #1
SilverCoupe2K1

Tinting the 6th Gen

I recently tinted the windows on my 6th Gen Accord Coupe and am having trouble with the rear glass. At the top, there are little bumps, this doesn't allow the tint to stick to the glass properly and causes air pockets to build up. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a solution?
Old 05-28-2002, 01:51 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yeah use a heat gun and a creditcard.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 04:55 PM   #3
spoogenet

That's how mine is, and it's pretty much how everybody's I've ever seen is. I'm just gonna wait till it gets 100+ in the summer and go out with a card to see if I can get it to stick better.

It's not nearly as bad on the sedan, though, since there's much less of it at the top of the window as compard to the coupe.

b
Old 05-30-2002, 11:22 AM   #4
SilverCoupe2K1

Is that the only thing we can do? Someone suggested putting a black piece of vinyl over it...whaddya think about that?
Old 05-30-2002, 11:52 AM   #5
spoogenet

I haven't seen anybody put vinyl there, so I'm not sure how it looks from in/outside.

Mine is very modest since it's a sedan, so it doesn't bother me. I certainly can't see it when looking through the rear view. I'm not sure how bad it is on the coupes, I know it's worse than the sedans, but can you see it in the rearview?

b
Old 05-30-2002, 01:49 PM   #6
ShEaNy

hehe just put a big accord decal on there
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 05:11 PM   #7
accordboy00

I have the sedan and its not bad at all. Maybe its the quality of the tint job. Was it a good place? Did they use some qulaity tint? My place told me to come back if any bubbles formed and that they would fix it. I never had to go back.
Peace
Old 05-31-2002, 07:31 AM   #8
1SweetV6

Go with the vinyl. When I got my windows done I got 22% on the back 3, I then bought a strip of vinyl for 15 bucks, they put it on for free. It came a foot wide so I just got a 4 ft piece. It look's very nice. Most people can't even tell. You should be able to put it on yourself if you wont. Just clean the glass then stick it on. I've had mine on for over a year and no fading or anything.
Old 06-01-2002, 01:26 PM   #9
SilverCoupe2K1

It's more noticable from the outside than it is from the inside. As far as i know, the place is pretty good...Tint King? They have a pretty good rep. My only concern with the vinyl is that it will cut off part of the rear window...I mean...you can't see thru vinyl!

What about that? 1SweetV6, any probs?
Old 06-03-2002, 06:10 AM   #10
1SweetV6

If you have them put the vinyl about an inch below where the micro-dots are you'll be fine. I can only catch just bottom part of it from the drivers seat. Unless you totally turn around to look out the back. It doesn't affect you rear view site at all.